June 12, 2013 - Always in motion is the future!

Want to know more about us or the inner workings of Book of Heroes? Check this out!

Re: June 12, 2013 - Always in motion is the future!

Postby Musketeer » Wed Jun 12, 2013 2:23 pm

Oda_Sadaar wrote:Just an opinion, but adding another energy timer/pool is really just complicating things. We've already got multiple currencies in the game, and now there going to be multiple types of energy? No thank you.

Not an uncommon feature, nonetheless. In Knights & Dragons you have an energy pool for fighting PvP and a different one for fighting one-off visiting Boss foes. Regular storyline play is dependent purely on ther health of your characters. You can also fight each of your friends once every 23 hours. That's four different things to keep track of, but people manage.

Regarding new sets of armor, for Legacy players it's been a longtime bugbear that everyone ends up looking the same in top tier armor. Does this mean we'll be able to dress a little more individually, or is it just new sets for higher than tier 14?
Musketeer

Postby Lord_Nabren » Wed Jun 12, 2013 2:25 pm

Well for me if PvP and PvE were tied to the same energy bar I would never PvP. However, I will probably dabble in it if they are separate.

I do hear the concerns about it being more complex, though.
Lord_Nabren

Postby Bimbosigliere » Wed Jun 12, 2013 4:26 pm

DELETED
Last edited by Bimbosigliere on Sun Jul 19, 2015 11:00 am, edited 1 time in total.
Bimbosigliere

Postby Alaranna » Wed Jun 12, 2013 4:30 pm

Re: PvP being optional. Technically, raiding is optional and I was highly resistant to raids for several months before finally doing one...the one to get the lingering quest off my toon's quest list. I'm a person who likes to make lists and cross things off of them. The lingering raid quest kept driving me nuts seeing it on my list.

I'm wondering if there is going to be a lingering quest that can only be completed by participating in a PvP tournament/battle. Would like to know in advance if a quest will be associated with PvP. Thanks!

Alaranna
Alaranna

Postby Corran_Horn » Wed Jun 12, 2013 4:37 pm

So still nothing for end game players to go out and get. No new gear gems etc. so when players have worked out a new spec for PvP then what they disappear from the game like so many have and maybe come back when they see a new client update. People are already getting fed up with the grand total of 1 new raid from the last update. We need new gear/gems/raids/valour raised caps on ht and to boot the hp system is broke. PvP if optional is ok but I think we need more of that story line and new raids etc..... To be honest I'm not that interested in PvP and GvG if that comes next what I want is more content rather than more ways to compete.
Corran_Horn

Postby My_Name_Is » Wed Jun 12, 2013 5:16 pm

:) , looking forward to the new upcoming advancements in the game.. as for pvp, looking forward to it and its good that it will be optional,but as in other games i,ve played , pvp did have quests that went along with it ? if so, how is that optional? i and im sure others may want to know is, will there be specialty rewards in pvp that will differ from all outside rewards and activity in the game ? and in your earlier statements about pvp , during pvp battles do you win/ take items , gear , etc.. from heroes you may defeat? are you working on equally matched battles , or will it randomly select a hero to invite to battle, with that theres the possiblity of say a lvl 30 member battling a lower lvl 20,s with might ,gear, and equipment , etc ... that would dominate others , will players be able to view other players stats, gear , equipment , etc to look for an evenly matched player for battle? just wondering and giving ideas to consider.
on a secondary note, eventually the continued story line is coming, will that include other back stories to venture forth in to original areas were quests , story , and adventures have died out, to where the only reasons , guilds or just individuals go tothese areas primarily to raid or do a daily and farm in dungeons . i hope you broaden the story line to include more plots ,tasks and adventures outside the much anticipated vile gate line.
thanks for your ear..
Malik
My_Name_Is

Postby SuPeЯcДlÏfГaĞiLi5tiСeЖpÎaLiDoСiФ » Wed Jun 12, 2013 8:08 pm

This is awesome news to the Venan community!

Looking forward to some PvP harmless fun! :)
SuPeЯcДlÏfГaĞiLi5tiСeЖpÎaLiDoСiФ

Postby BG_Neeeky » Thu Jun 13, 2013 3:47 am

Good news regarding PVP - I'm eager to try the "beta fights" :)

One question regarding introduction of new - in fact - (IMHO) better use of old content. This is about the prismatic gems. Why not make them socketable? Yes - they are costly to build, but if they give a good boost to item characteristics once inserted in a white slot of an armour or weapon or amulet, I believe that many players will opt to that.

Next possible "gem improvement" - after playing the "gem lockbox lottery" in about 50% of all cases we receive gems of tier 3 or 4 that are not the ones we wanted. Why not add a recipe, just like the "Disenchant" one, which can be applied to a gem and destroy it back to shards (but to 80-90 shards only) so players could add some more shards to that stack and try their luck again?

Last about gems - the shards appear in the "Currency" screen, but the only thing you can buy with those are lockboxes. Why not make them a) salable, b) set an exchange rate of '20 tier 3 shard = 1 tier 4 shard'?
BG_Neeeky

Postby _Rhuarc » Thu Jun 13, 2013 5:00 am

BG_Neeeky wrote:Next possible "gem improvement" - after playing the "gem lockbox lottery" in about 50% of all cases we receive gems of tier 3 or 4 that are not the ones we wanted. Why not add a recipe, just like the "Disenchant" one, which can be applied to a gem and destroy it back to shards (but to 80-90 shards only) so players could add some more shards to that stack and try their luck again?

Last about gems - the shards appear in the "Currency" screen, but the only thing you can buy with those are lockboxes. Why not make them a) salable, b) set an exchange rate of '20 tier 3 shard = 1 tier 4 shard'?

I agree completely with Neeky!
And I'm curious about the PvP, hope the balance will get better then in the begining of 1.6 ;) but btw you were so much blamed for the last update but now all is fine imo!
Thx you all for hearing to us!
_Rhuarc

Postby Illy_the_Red » Thu Jun 13, 2013 9:06 am

PvP will always have the potential to be broken in the beginning so a beta test is a very, very good idea. Please have PvP matches based around might to some degree, you will turn off many players if they join a PvP match and have their 10k toon pitched up against a 27k monster. Even without one-hit kills that match would be over very quickly. I also believe if PvP is play to win you will also drive many players away from it. In raids this is ok, GS burners are helping the guild, themselves and their fellow players by helping it finish faster. I have played a mobile game with random matchups and play to win, and it was awful. PvP became the haunt of the hardcore and nobody else (or rather, nobody else who wanted to actually win a match).

In the end it should be a fair system, where even low might, £0 characters can come to face off against other characters and have fun. If it just becomes a 30k might toon playground then it could lose you players in the long run. You have a lot of loyal, long-term players but you have just as many who have not been playing as long.

Like the idea of destroying a gem back to shards, most people eventually end up with buckets of lower level spares. Selling them doesn't recoup the time/effort/valour you spent to get them.

I'd also like to see a fair exchange rate for items bought with valour. Majerio has to be making a killing from these high-tier items for which he gives us about a fiver...

Ultimately I hope you push out a lot more storyline and more raids.
Illy_the_Red

PreviousNext

Return to Dev Blog