Version 3.1 Update!

A list of resolved issues for Book of Heroes.

Re: Version 3.1 Update!

Postby SunDrenchedGlenda » Sat May 11, 2019 11:15 am

I would also like to be considered for beta testing please. Thank you :)
SunDrenchedGlenda

Postby Lëon_Loçkheårt_2013 » Sat May 11, 2019 12:51 pm

Ocar wildin' LMAO he really thought! Hits #1 in power in months and suddenly you feel as if your guild is better than every other BoH player? No sis, please sit down that's just sad that this is your way of thinking. Can't relate. You tried tho.
Lëon_Loçkheårt_2013

Postby SunDrenchedGlenda » Sat May 11, 2019 1:59 pm

Lëon_Loçkheårt_2013 wrote:Ocar wildin' LMAO he really thought! Hits #1 in power in months and suddenly you feel as if your guild is better than every other BoH player? No sis, please sit down that's just sad that this is your way of thinking. Can't relate. You tried tho.

Leon, Who are you talking to?
SunDrenchedGlenda

Postby Tom_ » Sat May 11, 2019 3:40 pm

GlendaTheAlphaBetaTester wrote:
Lëon_Loçkheårt_2013 wrote:Ocar wildin' LMAO he really thought! Hits #1 in power in months and suddenly you feel as if your guild is better than every other BoH player? No sis, please sit down that's just sad that this is your way of thinking. Can't relate. You tried tho.

Leon, Who are you talking to?

He's clearly making a comment on Ocar's comment. And frankly I can't say I disagree with him. If this beta ever actually happens (which seems questionable at this point), testers should be chosen randomly from active players. Showing favoritism towards a single guild is a great away to piss off what little player base you have left, definitely not advisable.
Tom_

Postby Johnny_B_Good » Sat May 11, 2019 10:14 pm

Before this gets derailed too far, Ocar has the right idea even if you question his approach.

Unlike the PVP beta, if LV wants to beta test the new raids we will need guilds not individuals. As Tom said no one should be showed favoritism. What they need is a process for guildmasters to submit their guilds for beta testing. I would think the more guilds the better. Because frankly there are plenty of guilds capable of hitting these raids and the more hitters the merrier!

However, if they want beta testers for, say, quest lines, then a similar process needs to take place. Individuals submit requests to be beta testers and LV could randomly choose up to however many testers he wants.
Johnny_B_Good

Postby Zuze » Sun May 12, 2019 12:51 pm

I'd love to beta test though selecting guilds I don't think should be the only approach I only farm in a mostly dead guild as its the only way to improve my character. Anyone above tsr should be able to beta test imo
Zuze

Postby Johnny_B_Good » Sun May 12, 2019 1:16 pm

That’s a good point. Maybe select the guilds to beta test but allow mercs as normal.

Maybe those who beta test the quest line can merc the raids?
Johnny_B_Good

Postby Fluxing_Lucky_Phåse » Sun May 12, 2019 2:46 pm

Venan is not actually going to allow anyone to test the new content. They never have and never will lol.
Last edited by Fluxing_Lucky_Phåse on Sun May 12, 2019 4:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Fluxing_Lucky_Phåse

Postby Zuze » Sun May 12, 2019 3:51 pm

That's the thing I want to quest for a while bring back that old boh magic
Zuze

Postby Tom_ » Sun May 12, 2019 4:45 pm

John_is_BetaTesting_RL wrote:That’s a good point. Maybe select the guilds to beta test but allow mercs as normal.

Maybe those who beta test the quest line can merc the raids?

I think the point Cele was making was that anyone with the requisite might for new raids should be qualified to do them, thus making a selection of specific guilds for beta testing unnecessary. I stand by my assertion that selecting the entirety of any one guild for beta testing is a very bad idea, as it implies favoritism on the devs part and will upset everyone who didn't get an invite. They don't need guilds to test raids, all they need is players that can hit them; it's pretty easy to make the raids public so that everyone can get in. All of this is pointless, however, if they don't release this "beta" at all. And given their track record, I would not be surprised at all if they manage to mess this up somehow.
Tom_

PreviousNext

Return to Resolved Issues