Battery Drain - RESOLVED

A list of resolved issues for Book of Heroes.

Battery Drain - RESOLVED

Postby Bbbb » Tue Jul 01, 2014 9:09 pm

2.1 drains the battery unbelievable. My guild has seen the problem on both Android and iOS.
Bbbb

Re: Battery Drain

Postby CodeMonkey » Tue Jul 01, 2014 9:18 pm

This is probably due to another bug that we found that is causing major stuttering issues on some devices. We'll try to get out a patch to fix it soon.
CodeMonkey

Re: Battery Drain

Postby Bbbb » Tue Jul 01, 2014 9:25 pm

My next post was going to be about the stuttering so I will hold off on that since you know about it.
Bbbb

Re: Battery Drain - RESOLVED

Postby Little_Mike » Wed Jul 30, 2014 11:01 am

This issue should be resolved with the latest version the client.
Little_Mike

Postby Doctor_Love_Money_Shot » Tue Aug 05, 2014 1:48 am

My device still burns up when the screen is off but I didn't exit from the game. Many times, my phone just freezes (figuratively speaking) while it is in standby and the game has not been exited first, requiring me to pop out the battery to restart the phone. So whatever fix you think happened with the last update, it didn't fix it. Hopefully this will truly be fixed with the Aug 5 update.
Doctor_Love_Money_Shot

Postby Illy_the_Red » Tue Aug 05, 2014 3:22 am

I'm seeing huge battery drain too (iPhone 4S). The device runs very hot too, compared to before.
Illy_the_Red

Postby Little_Mike » Tue Aug 05, 2014 11:31 am

If battery usage is a problem, you may want to enable the Battery Saver option in the options menu. This will reduce the FPS from 60 to 30, so the game may appear choppier, but it should be less intensive for your devices.
Little_Mike

Postby Illy_the_Red » Tue Aug 05, 2014 7:09 pm

Little_Mike wrote:If battery usage is a problem, you may want to enable the Battery Saver option in the options menu. This will reduce the FPS from 60 to 30, so the game may appear choppier, but it should be less intensive for your devices.

I already use the battery saver and don't use HD graphics. The game definitely uses the battery at a far higher rate than it did prior to the last major update and the device appears to run hotter (presumably from the CPU being worked harder?).
Illy_the_Red

Postby Deadlift » Tue Aug 05, 2014 9:52 pm

Yep if I'm charging my phone in my case and playing, my phone (iphone 5) gets hot. But that'll happen with the power of running the game encased in a ... Case
Deadlift

Postby Manik » Wed Aug 06, 2014 2:40 am

Hey guys,

After Yesterday's update I found my app crashing twice continuously..... I got a call while I was playing and the game has not exited automatically..... And crashed again..... And the moment I start the game as people have already mentioned device gets heated.... Just to make sure you are aware...
My device still burns up when the screen is off but I didn't exit from the game. Many times, my phone just freezes (figuratively speaking) while it is in standby and the game has not been exited first, requiring me to pop out the battery to restart the phone. So whatever fix you think happened with the last update, it didn't fix it. Hopefully this will truly be fixed with the Aug 5 update.

Manik
Manik

Next

Return to Resolved Issues