Guild Leveling

A place to talk about all things guild related.

Guild Leveling

Postby DrakonXanous » Sat May 25, 2013 12:18 am

I have been trying to get my guild level up for my guild Dremora Lords and it is taking forever. I advertise, send requests to new members looking for a guild and change my guild information every week or so but I only have 11 members still and 8 are active.

How can I get people to join? I raid 5+ times a day and have a schedule built for the raids as well. Any tips for me?
DrakonXanous

Re: Guild Leveling

Postby Solrax » Sat May 25, 2013 6:25 am

Disclaimer: The following is my opinion and may differ from other GM's and players.

Being a GM is hard-work! You can't be a casual player/casual GM and expect to rise in the leaderboards, and the higher your rank the more appealing you are to players. You need to be able to offer members growth. If they outgrow your guild they may leave for greener pastures.

First you have to consider a few things: (You don't have to answer me just kinda do a self assessment on yourself)

1) What is your knowledge of the game? Are you knew to the game or a veteran?

This is important because a higher level GM looks more appealing as they probably have more knowledge about the game.

2) What is your level of activity?

A GM must be active a lot to be successful. If you're only active or partially active during raids, you are not offering your guild members enough support.

3) Do you do all the work yourself?

This is near an impossible task. You need to select from the best of your members and/or the most trusted with high activity and share the work load with them. A promotion goes a long way.

4) Is your guild chatty and welcoming?

Most players enjoy a friendly guild and social interaction.

TIPS:

~Post as often as you can on global requesting members. Make your post interesting! DO NOT VIOLATE THE CHAT RULES AND DO NOT OVERPOST. Even though chat rules call for a 5-minute time frame before reposting, I would recommend a post every 30 minutes to an hour.

~Your guild is really new, it takes time to have a great guild. Be patient! Look at the leaderboards. I guarantee you that none of the top 10 guilds started within the last few
months. I can almost bet all of the started sometime in 2012.

~Set Auto-accept on. Nothing is worse than losing a potential great member while you we're away.

~Keep the might requirements low until you fill up. As you gain rank you won't even need to recruit. Members will be coming in pretty quick.

~Decide now between casual guild or ranking guild. It will be impossible to have both. You cannot have members that will come on once in a while and expect to rise the leaderboards. So do you want rank and lots of daily raids or more of a social environment with less frequent raids?

At the moment that's all I can think of but I am tired as I'm still at work :-/. The most important thing is patience!!! You are a new guild. It will take time to build up!

Good Luck with your guild!
Solrax

Postby EricM » Sat May 25, 2013 9:41 am

Solrax wrote:Disclaimer: The following is my opinion and may differ from other GM's and players.

Have some faith solrax, that was some excellent advice. ;)

As GM of the 6th/7th ranked guild in the game, much of my advice is very similar.

It really is impossible to do it alone. You'll need some trusted officers/vets to start raids on time, or when you're away/gone.

There exist a lot of newly started guilds, but only a few rise to the top. You seem really active, and checking out your schedule... it seems pretty good too, so it just comes down to recruiting. At low raid-might, a lot of the mercs that come to help may not have a guild or may be dis-satisfied with their current guild. It doesn't hurt to ask them if they're looking/interested in a new home. Little by litte, you'll grow, and if you can satisfy your activity level, you'll make it ;)

Running a guild is definitely challenging and hard work, but also very rewarding as you get to see it grow :)

And this may make you feel better, but we started on the last week of February 2013, and now we're in the top 10. To my knowledge, I think there's actually 2-3 other guilds who started either end of 2012 or beginning of 2013 who are in the top 15 :) So its more than possible to get into the first page within 2-3 months... it just takes a lot of recruiting, chatting, winning members to your cause, and most of all, patience :)
EricM

Postby Solrax » Sat May 25, 2013 10:13 am

Fizz_Eric wrote:
Have some faith solrax, that was some excellent advice. ;)

Thanks I appreciate that! :)

Fizz_Eric wrote:And this may make you feel better, but we started on the last week of February 2013, and now we're in the top 10. To my knowledge, I think there's actually 2-3 other guilds who started either end of 2012 or beginning of 2013 who are in the top 15 :) So its more than possible to get into the first page within 2-3 months... it just takes a lot of recruiting, chatting, winning members to your cause, and most of all, patience :)

I stand corrected about all guilds in the top 10 starting in 2012. :)

I know it's not easy to get there so I applaud you! We're fighting our way into the top 100 and the closer we get the harder it gets. The great guys and gals we have weren't easy to come by. Out of every 15 recruits or so maybe 1-2 of them "made the cut". Some left for various reasons and others were booted for various reasons.
Solrax

Postby DrakonXanous » Wed May 29, 2013 11:35 pm

Thank you both for so much information. I'm looking for a veteran at the least right now and taking it from there. I had a guild before this but our level wasn't really moving. I can tell you I have 8 characters but that is because I use a tablet and phone...for now. I know I won't always be able to do that but I'm enjoying it for now. I have watched my main character get to 23 with 36 energy really quickly.

The double loyalty weekend helped a lot with people raiding so I'm hoping to have a new veteran tonight or tomorrow. Thanks for the advice.
DrakonXanous

Postby DrakonXanous » Thu May 30, 2013 12:50 am

I also just made a facebook group. Maybe it will help to attract more members.
DrakonXanous

Return to Guild Discussions