Deathwing Raiders(with Raid Schedule)

Looking for a guild or looking for members? Meet up here!

Elder Fury vs light shield

Postby Bj_Knows » Thu Mar 02, 2017 12:42 pm

Subject
Elder Fury vs light shield

Thought:
Subject: Valentine's Event Feedback
Fara wrote:It would be good if they don't have to wait too long for a t20 offhand (and t20 heavy & light shields).

Reaction:
For PvE & PvP, Elder Fury rank 3 is *almost* as good as a light shield, you give up the defense rating of a shield. But instead you get increased speed, Knockback Resistance, still do 2h Damage Per Button press and *improved* 2h Damage Per Second.

But one of the huge PvP advantages for Inquisitors (Block +12% weaker than Dodge bonus versus physical attack unless combo with Stagger & Guardian) and Shadow Walkers (Dodge +15% better than Block bonus versus physical attacks can combo with Riposte) is their increased Block & Dodge abilities when combined with the huge defense rating increase of a shield (Note 1). Defend, Block Enchant, etc. all give you a bonus to Block chance, but only if you have a block chance higher than zero to start (Note 2).

For PvP purposes the two abilities are almost interchangeable since Block & Dodge are added when computing hits and critical hits (this is why Garrote rank 3 Block -30% & Dodge -30% is so gosh darn nasty and why a successful Status Resist roll versus Garrote is so important).

But both classes use a lot of periodic damage abilities. For those to work best, you need a maximum tier offhand weapon (increases periodic damage) or maximum tier shield (defense rating helps you survive to the next damage tick now that all damage ticks are 1.0s in BoH. especially at high levels were Haste is high for most characters).

Looking at the numbers for Inquisitors (defense rating of heavy shield) and Shadow Walkers (defense rating of light shield and damage increase from off hand weapon), it is even more important for max tier shields (light and heavy) than off hand weapon. But this is little consolation to Shadow Walkers with an off hand weapon PvP build.

It will be interesting if max tier shields or max tier off hand weapon comes out first.

Note: I do not have enough experience with Frost Knights.

Interrupton:
Be back later, breakfast.

Note 1)
Bj_Knows wrote:Subject
Do Dodge & Block add?

Subject: Dodge & Block add (PvP Secret)

Note 2)
Bj_DWR wrote:Subject
Block Enchant

Idea: If character has Elder Fury or Heavy Shield, is Status Resist & Block Enchant ultimate combo for PvP

Subject: Deathwing Raiders(with Raid Schedule)
Bj_Knows

Re: Deathwing Raiders(with Raid Schedule)

Postby Bj_Knows » Tue Apr 04, 2017 9:02 am

Posted from my iPod

Forgot how to PvP but MMR still matching with 3k win Gold players. Wish MMR decayed like PvP rating, but stopped when lost 20% MMR. Long list of losses until MMR adjusts sucks. Don't get me started on new gear affect on MMR during long absences.
Bj_Knows

Re: Deathwing Raiders(with Raid Schedule)

Postby Illy_the_Red » Wed Apr 05, 2017 11:18 pm

Bj_Knows wrote:Posted from my iPod

Forgot how to PvP but MMR still matching with 3k win Gold players. Wish MMR decayed like PvP rating, but stopped when lost 20% MMR. Long list of losses until MMR adjusts sucks. Don't get me started on new gear affect on MMR during long absences.

+1, rating decaying but MMR staying the same doesn't seem to make much sense, especially when you haven't pvp'd for a while.
Illy_the_Red

PvP issues

Postby Bj_Knows » Wed Apr 26, 2017 9:58 am

Subject
PvP issues

Posted from my iPod

Some problems with PvP= Cannot pick you build after discovering your opponent. Cannot avoid matching with same opponent 4 times in a row. Rewards vs Real World Time Spent small compared to VsMonster, especially gem prices.
Bj_Knows

Re: PvP issues

Postby Johnny_Kringle » Wed Apr 26, 2017 2:01 pm

Bj_Knows wrote:Subject
PvP issues

Posted from my iPod

Some problems with PvP= Cannot pick you build after discovering your opponent.

I don't consider this a problem. It's what makes it a challenge. Not to mention it would give those who can afford extra builds an edge. Not everyone can.

Bj_Knows wrote: Cannot avoid matching with same opponent 4 times in a row.

This is very annoying! However that has more to do with the player pool. Until changes are made to PVP to bring people back, this isn't going away. :(

Bj_Knows wrote: Rewards vs Real World Time Spent small compared to VsMonster, especially gem prices.

Definitely agree on this point!
Johnny_Kringle

Previous

Return to Guild Recruiting