Warriors of The SPOON!

Looking for a guild or looking for members? Meet up here!

Ticked

Postby Bj_Knows » Wed Jun 11, 2014 12:30 pm

Perhaps I was a little "Ticked" off:
In a Guild Wide Mail Bj_Knows wrote:Diety's fallen worshiper, son of a diseased inhabitant of a neutron star, trice cursed, fornicating with robotic food preparation equipment, De-Gemmed War Mage's with Chill, Elemental Fracture, Magma Jet, Snap Cast & Icy Grasp. Not only can I never win, but since they have no Gems, or 18 T6 Max Health Gems, their Token payout is not worth defeat. Gonna start Forfeiting after the 2 Fire Fracture & first Snap Cast.
Bj_Knows

Re: Ticked

Postby Bj_Knows » Sun Jul 06, 2014 7:29 am

Bj_Knows wrote:Perhaps I was a little "Ticked" off:
In a Guild Wide Mail Bj_Knows wrote:Diety's fallen worshiper, son of a diseased inhabitant of a neutron star, trice cursed, fornicating with robotic food preparation equipment, De-Gemmed War Mage's with Chill, Elemental Fracture, Magma Jet, Snap Cast & Icy Grasp. Not only can I never win, but since they have no Gems, or 18 T6 Max Health Gems, their Token payout is not worth defeat. Gonna start Forfeiting after the 2 Fire Fracture & first Snap Cast.

War Mage balance, Cleave buff, Poison Cloud buff. Onslaught number adjusted.

in Guild Chat Bj_Knows wrote:Every balance since 2011-Dec, Lose players who had 5 of X Class on a Venan ID, but pick up new players when people say "I love Y, which is now playable, you are my friend, join BoH, it is Free".

Dark horse explained on Forums, PvE & PvP both set up so moderately difficult get all Gear, some gems, Rank 3 Enchants, +100 Stats from Tomes, but max Enchants & Tomes takes dedicated players.

P.S. De-Gemming no longer helps. Elo based matchmaking aims for 50/50 chance you can win any PvP (theory). But in reality, if not enough people in top leagues, reduces leagues so everyone can find a match. Wide spread De-Gemming reduces Medal & Mark rewards for all players since rewards are league based.
Volunteer- donating BLOOD to Red Cross, SWEAT to Forums.

Bj_Knows

AKA
GM= Things Guilds Were Not Meant to Know
Bj_DWR
BjKnows
Gryphonknight= Ingress, Pokemon, Empires & Puzzles (& Miikeeyy)
CEO of Bee jay Industries
Bj_the_SPOON
BjofCJandBj
Bj_Knows

Re: Warriors of The SPOON!

Postby Bj_Knows » Thu Jul 17, 2014 1:01 pm

It looks like the most common reason people are being matched with higher PvP Rated Opponents, is because those are the players most likely to spend Gold Shields on Resolve, so they are more available for PvP Bouts. While lower PvP Rated Opponents are doing 4 PvP Bouts for the Daily Bonus, and stopping for the day. I might try the old Guild PvP Party if I can talk my cousin’s PvP Guild (Virtue?) into it since SPOONS seem to be more PvE oriented.

This effect is compounded by heavily unbalanced matches (Matching cannot find a better match in the Coliseum) being faster, allowing the winner to buy more Resolve per day. While very close, drawn out Bouts, take a long time (during Bout, watching Replays, chatting with opponent after match, sharing Replay with Guild and Friend's List), removing both participants of close Bouts from the PvP Matching Pool for a longer time and reducing the amount of Resolve, Free or bought, they can possible use per day. This would seem to self select the high PvP Rated, high Resolve Buying PvP Players to fight more heavily unbalanced matches.
Bj_Knows

Postby Bj_Knows » Sat Aug 09, 2014 3:32 pm

In Guild Mail Bj_Knows wrote:

Short Answer
Personally, I would not choose Resilience for PvE or PvP.

Longer Answer
Until max Tomes, Hero Tokens are important for PvP. PvE gives you Hero Tokens for Tomes, but PvP does not. So concentrate on Enchants good for both PvE & PvP.

Use PvE Gear in Coliseum until max Tomes, max Gear, max Gems & all Enchants rank 4+.

Longest Answer
Once you have a good PvP Build, for earning Marks, the next most important part of PvP is Tomes. Maximum Tomes give you a *huge* advantage since there are Tomes for all Stat (except Health). Diminishing returns means Tomes have the largest impact in PvP (smaller impact in PvE). Unlike balancing Gems, you can max out all Tomes. Tomes do not need to be replaced when new Gear, Gems or Enchants come out.

There are several ways Venan could balance this, including Black Gems. Shift all colored Gem Slots from A- C Gem Slots (0- 20 GS to unlock) to B-D Gem Slots (10- 30 GS to unlock), make all A Gem Slots (0 GS to unlock) Black Gem Slots, & add Black Gems (+X Bonus to all 9 Stats, Tier 1- 6).

Due to these, & other reasons, Venan may wait until Tier 18 or Tier 20 before raising Max Tomes again. Or they may add new Tomes.

Gear, Gems & Enchants that help in both PvE & PvP are best until you have max Tomes.
Bj_Knows

Postby Bj_Knows » Sat Oct 18, 2014 5:10 pm

In Merc Chat Bj_Knows wrote:

Full PvP T16 Set (9 items)+ 1h T18 Weapon is the best damage (+19% Total Damage VS Players) currently possible for 1h Weapon & Shield.

Full T18 Armor better damage reduction.

Full T18 better damage 2h Weapon or 1h & Dagger.

Details:

2h Axe 1.4 Speed gives approx +45% Base Weapon Damage (diminishing returns but includes Gems) vs 1h Sword.

A T18 Weapon gives approx +33% Weapon Damage (does *not* include gems in calculation) vs T16.

For individual Gear vs Gear, it will depend on your character, especially Gems.
Bj_Knows

Postby Bj_Knows » Sat Oct 18, 2014 5:12 pm

In Chat CJ_the_Girl wrote:

Bj bored with LEGS Raid, playing around with low level characters. Removed characters from SPOONs too make room. Boringly, Venan has decided high level Raids all about the warm bodies. Pirate Raids were a disaster with that business model.

Bj_Knows

Postby Possessed_Mithrid » Sun Oct 19, 2014 10:33 am

Bj_Knows wrote:
In Chat CJ_the_Girl wrote:

Bj bored with LEGS Raid, playing around with low level characters. Removed characters from SPOONs too make room. Boringly, Venan has decided high level Raids all about the warm bodies. Pirate Raids were a disaster with that business model.

Welcome back BJ...was starting to wonder if you had gotten lost somewhere. :lol:
Possessed_Mithrid

Postby Bj_Knows » Tue Dec 30, 2014 8:53 am

Posted from iPhone

Guild Wide Mail

Hi Thurule, Hi Spoons,

Rumor has it, normally Vile Keepers are 1 in 800 e.

But Forums claiming once you get the quest, takes about 4000- 7000e.

It is possible, like when you have *both* Daily Quest *and* Essence of Vile Gate active for same Monster, that the longer you stay in one Zone without finding a Keeper, the better the chance get one next 2e. If true, while you have the Quest active, Burning GS is a *huge* advantage because each successive 2e increases chance.

If False, wasted a lot of GS since each 2e still has 1 in 800e chance.
Bj_Knows

Inventory, Multipurpose vs PvP Weapons

Postby Bj_Knows » Tue Dec 30, 2014 3:52 pm

Subject
Inventory, Multipurpose vs PvP Weapons

If you are having inventory problems, especially Justicars, you might consider only buying PvP Weapons. Zeetha has 1h Sword & Heavy Shield, 2h Sword and 2h Axe (With Elder Fury, no need for 1h Axe), or six items and 12 Enchants for PvP and multipurpose versions. She could choose just to buy the PvP versions for three items and 6 Enchants.

For a 2h Weapon, or 1h Weapon & Dagger, you get -4% VS Monsters. For a 1h Weapon you get -2% VS Monsters. For a Regular 2e (or Pop) Raid Phase this may have no affect on your Kills Per Minute. This works because Venan has choosen a PvP Equipped 9/9 Item Bonus instead of a PvP Wardrobe 9/9 Item Bonus.

It is very easy to Farm PvP, on Monday through Friday, only press Basic Attack. On Weekends try and maximize your PvP Rating with actually tactics when more lower rated, and less experience, PvP opponents are playing.

Additionally, if you save Marks for next year, you can immediately buy a T20 PvP Weapon when it is released (not a problem for Cia who will just upconvert his Guardian Valor).

Experiment, depending on your Builds and play style, you may find PvP Weapons sold in the Coliseum are better for you than multipurpose Weapons sold by Majerio.
Bj_Knows

Inventory after HoliGob

Postby Bj_Knows » Tue Jan 06, 2015 12:07 pm

Don't forget to sell off potions (small healing, medium healing, Phys 5%/ 20% Resist, Magic 5%/ 20% Resist, and all minor Crafted except Haste 5%) now that HoliGob is over to make room in your inventory.

I am also selling off the following to make space:

Selling off my Spinach (Note 1) because only 2 sec duration with 10 sec cool down.

Selling off my Mystery Potions because I need the space, too difficult to track, and only 2 sec duration with 10 sec cool down.

I want to keep it, but selling off my Pumpkin Pie, because I need the space.

Note 1)

Bj_Knows wrote:Subject
Consumables, Duration List

Mystery Potion - Defense. 2 sec (Block & Dodge +15%, Armor +25%, Status Resist +50%)
Mystery Potion - Last Stand, 2 sec (+33% Damage Dealt, Damage Taken -50%, end combat or death)
Mystery Potion - Poison, 2 sec (character takes Nature Damage)
Mystery Potion – Rampage, 1.25 sec (Casting twice as fast, effectively 2.5 sec)

*Pumpkin Pie, 10 sec (+20% Max Health & Healing Bonus)

Spinach, 2 sec (+33% Damage Dealt)

*Once Consumable duration ends, usually out of cool down. Helpful for RPP Races and Raid Speed Runs since do not have to waste button presses checking cool down.

Volunteer- donating BLOOD to Red Cross, SWEAT to Forums.

Bj_Knows

AKA
GM= Things Guilds Were Not Meant to Know
Bj_DWR
BjKnows
Gryphonknight= Ingress, Pokemon, Empires & Puzzles (& Miikeeyy)
CEO of Bee jay Industries
Bj_the_SPOON
BjofCJandBj
Bj_Knows

PreviousNext

Return to Guild Recruiting