Android no longer able to run in background? - KNOWN ISSUE

Found a bug in Book of Heroes? Tell us about it here.

Android no longer able to run in background? - KNOWN ISSUE

Postby japster » Sat Aug 04, 2012 6:39 am

I used to be able to hit the "home" button on my S3 when I was raiding/playing to check emails and reply SMSes, and then return to BoH shortly after and continue my raids and games with no issues. BoH would be running in the background.

However ever since 1.4 was released, I realized BoH app quits entirely the moment I hit "home" to return to my home screen. This occurs whether I'm raiding, in a normal dungeon fight, or just in the world map.

What is even more infuriating is that I actually LOSE ALL MY RPP BONUS in a raid when I have to relog back into the game due to this :evil:

Is this a change done for Android on purpose for some sort of resource saving??? I'd like to know because I now get completely screwed over in terms of RPP in a raid if I get a call, or have to reply a message...
japster

Re: Android no longer able to run BOH in background?

Postby Little_Mike » Sat Aug 04, 2012 10:31 pm

When the game shuts down like that it is because Android is shutting it down to regain device resources. Please try shutting down any unnecessary applications before running Book of Heroes and see if that helps. Sorry for the inconvenience. Book of Heroes can sometimes be a bit of a resource hog. :(

As for the RPP reset, that is a whole different issue. We will be spending time next week investigating why it is resetting under certain conditions. Sorry about that.
Little_Mike

Re: Android no longer able to run in background? - KNOWN ISS

Postby HG_Officer » Mon Apr 08, 2013 11:21 am

i think it's not a device issue, but the game issue.

i sometimes can play BOH, hit home button, went to check mail, check fb, check twitter, browse websites, and went back to the game 2 hours later and it's still running. but often i played BOH, hit home button, check mail, and went back to BOH, boom. game restarted from the venan splash screen. im running nexus 4
HG_Officer

Postby ShadowDragon » Thu May 23, 2013 8:22 pm

I have the same issue with that, except for losing my RPP but now when my Toshiba at100 Tablet Thrive goes to sleep on wake up I'm sent to my home screen and have to re-open the app.
SHADOW DRAGON
ShadowDragon

Postby Final_Fantasy » Thu Dec 11, 2014 12:47 am

It's not only that, besdies phone sleep and wake crash... System says boh has stopped responding, game freezes in the middle of a battle. Doesn't matter if I use HTC m8, galaxy s5, nexus7 2013, notepro 12", note4, tab4 or any devices. The all crash and freeze. I have yet to confirm on iPhone.
Final_Fantasy

Postby Finnius » Thu Dec 11, 2014 1:28 am

I have a cute way to keep boh running. (Kitkat 4.4) I open up a chat window to type...then click the home button. For me that seems to keep the game 'active'...mostly. when I need to return to boh I just click the game icon as normal.
Finnius

Postby DreamingDæmon » Thu Dec 11, 2014 4:54 am

I find that selecting the BoH launch icon often causes a crash, whereas going to active apps (press and hold Home) has never caused a crash.
DreamingDæmon

Postby Jumper » Thu Dec 11, 2014 4:50 pm

DreamingDaemon wrote:I find that selecting the BoH launch icon often causes a crash, whereas going to active apps (press and hold Home) has never caused a crash.

I do the same.
Jumper

Postby Final_Fantasy » Thu Dec 11, 2014 7:15 pm

I do the same also, but still crashes, not only that, I have my second unable to connect to server issue when phone awakes from sleep mode. Reconnecting doesn't work so I'm forced to let it exit. The game goes back to welcome page and exits my account which I have to re-sign in. There's so much more glitches now
Final_Fantasy

Return to Bug Reporting