In Game mail - deleted

Found a bug in Book of Heroes? Tell us about it here.

In Game mail - deleted

Postby anotherdragon » Tue May 10, 2016 8:00 pm

Has anyone experienced IN Game mails being deleted.

I have a lot of mail on builds , raids etc for my guild but they keep on being deleted.

I thought it was just me at first being careless but now realise it must be a bug in the system.

Its very annoying as I keep on having to ask other guild members to forward all my mail back to me.

It would be nice if we could tag important mail with a "keep" function
anotherdragon

Re: In Game mail - deleted

Postby Game_Over_Phåse404 » Tue May 10, 2016 8:09 pm

You could save the information on the notepad for your device just in case. Copy and paste to make a new mail if it gets deleted.
Game_Over_Phåse404

Postby Derpy_as_I_wanna_be » Wed May 11, 2016 6:03 am

Yes but why not have a save folder? The same thing with sent messages... But I digress.
Derpy_as_I_wanna_be

Postby CheMClarc » Wed May 11, 2016 12:16 pm

Your account is limited to 150 mails. Once it reaches 150, it will begin deleting the oldest mail that does not have any attachments to it. Go through all of your characters and delete any mail that you can, like raid results, so that you can keep player guides or personal messages without them being deleted overtime.
Michael aka "CheMClarc"
Associate Producer
Like BoH on Facebook! http://facebook.com/bookofheroes
Follow BoH on Twitter! http://twitter.com/bookofheroes
CheMClarc

Postby Bbbb » Fri May 13, 2016 2:57 pm

CheM, I suggested this long ago - possibly before you started working for Venan. Puzzle and Dragons lets you flag emails so they were not subject to deletion. Just give each player maybe 10-20 of those and I think this issue would largely be resolved.
Bbbb

Postby anotherdragon » Tue May 17, 2016 9:31 am

What i have noticed is that if one toon deletes some mail then this mail is deleted for the whole five toons on the same account - except for raid mails. Is this a bug?
So I have to keep certain mail for all five toons which does not leave much room from the 150 mails total.
anotherdragon

Postby CheMClarc » Tue May 17, 2016 5:06 pm

anotherdragon wrote:What i have noticed is that if one toon deletes some mail then this mail is deleted for the whole five toons on the same account - except for raid mails. Is this a bug?
So I have to keep certain mail for all five toons which does not leave much room from the 150 mails total.

That's because the mail is addressed to your account rather than each individual character like raid results are. Our mailing system isn't the greatest out there and it could use a lot of improvements but tbh it would be much better for us to address other features in the game or add new content than try to refactor a mailing system. Just try to keep to a limited amount of mails for the time being. Maybe we can do some adjustments to it later on.
Michael aka "CheMClarc"
Associate Producer
Like BoH on Facebook! http://facebook.com/bookofheroes
Follow BoH on Twitter! http://twitter.com/bookofheroes
CheMClarc

Postby anotherdragon » Wed May 18, 2016 8:39 am

Thanks for the reply chem.

How can i forward an mail to an individual in my account?

I have tried user name then account name and vise versa and also just user name but it doesnt work.
anotherdragon

Postby MrRaabla » Wed May 18, 2016 11:58 am

From the email you want to forward, press Forward, type in recipient Account Name (do NOT put a / in front of the name), then hit Send.
MrRaabla

Postby Illy_the_Red » Wed May 18, 2016 11:58 am

CheMClarc wrote:
anotherdragon wrote:What i have noticed is that if one toon deletes some mail then this mail is deleted for the whole five toons on the same account - except for raid mails. Is this a bug?

That's because the mail is addressed to your account rather than each individual character like raid results are. Our mailing system isn't the greatest out there and it could use a lot of improvements but tbh it would be much better for us to address other features in the game or add new content than try to refactor a mailing system. Just try to keep to a limited amount of mails for the time being. Maybe we can do some adjustments to it later on.

Pointless adjusting the mail system when everyone has handy note apps on their devices these days. There's too much to improve/fix in BoH already.
Illy_the_Red

Return to Bug Reporting