No Rewards, Desync, Win Counted as Loss- KNOWN ISSUE

Found a bug in Book of Heroes? Tell us about it here.

Postby Ineluctability » Mon Jul 29, 2013 12:49 pm

New Subject

OLD Subject
PVP Win Counted as Loss (Screenshot) - KNOWN ISSUE

Samsung Galaxy SIII.

I was playing PVP.

I destroyed the other player with minimal damage to myself.

The sun started spinning.

When it finished loading, the screen said Defeat.

Screenshot is attached. It shows my HP left, my picture as the victor, and the "Defeated!" message.
Attachments
Screenshot_2013-07-29.gif
Screenshot of Defeat with HP Left
Screenshot_2013-07-29.gif (52.33 KiB) Viewed 3104 times
Ineluctability

No Reward on Desync

Postby Bj_Knows » Mon Jul 29, 2013 1:07 pm

Ineluctability wrote:Screenshot is attached. It shows my HP left, my picture as the victor, and the "Defeated!" message.

If you look at Rewards it says "None".

If either side causes a Desync (accidental or on purpose), both players get "Defeated", no reward, and the match does not count (no win, no loss, no tie).
Volunteer- donating BLOOD to Red Cross, SWEAT to Forums.

Bj_Knows

AKA
GM= Things Guilds Were Not Meant to Know
Bj_DWR
BjKnows
Gryphonknight= Ingress, Pokemon, Empires & Puzzles (& Miikeeyy)
CEO of Bee jay Industries
Bj_the_SPOON
BjofCJandBj
Bj_Knows

I win, but the game said I was defeated?

Postby Philosopher » Tue Aug 06, 2013 7:47 pm

Earlier today I won a match, but then the game said I was defeated. I took a screenshot and you can clearly see I had plenty of life left after my "defeat".

After I had delivered the final blow, the little sun symbol in the bottom corner spun for about 30 seconds before the defeat results popped up. I can only assume it was the result of a sync error and the game thought I had abandoned the match and forfeited me instead of awarding me the win.

Hopefully this was just a one in a million case of bad luck, but I figured I would report it.
Attachments
image.jpg
image.jpg (196.21 KiB) Viewed 3094 times
Philosopher

Re: I win, but the game said I was defeated?- Merged

Postby Sokpuppet » Tue Aug 06, 2013 8:03 pm

Same happened to me. I believe it has to do with a disconnect from the server. They're aware of this problem
Sokpuppet

PVP ends due to unknown reason- Desync delay? - KNOWN ISSUE

Postby mcmarto » Tue Aug 27, 2013 8:00 am

...right before I'm casting a winning hit. Happens for the second time for me. First one was a long ago, I hoped it wouldn't happen again. But no.
Just moments ago, I'm fighting some Justicar "Noy" 115-17 (or something like that), my enemy is stunned on 1000 hp, I have 8000 hp left + Ice Shield, and I'm casting Frozen Shard - "PVP ends due to unknown reason". PVP ends in 11:52 server time.
Screenshot: http://oi39.tinypic.com/2mhsief.jpg

Is it possible that he's exploiting some bug to get these wins, just some random bug or one of us is doing something wrong?
mcmarto

Win may take up to 10 Minutes to register.

Postby Bj_Knows » Tue Aug 27, 2013 9:39 am

Subject
Win may take up to 10 Minutes to register.

mcmarto wrote:"PVP ends due to unknown reason". PVP ends in 11:52 server time.

It is likely he is Desyncing, either accidently or on purpose. In the past, this lead to a "Defeated Screen" but actually No Win, No Loss, No Tie for both characters. As of the latest Update, you should be credited with a Win within 10 minutes, and he should be credited with a Loss (Note 1).

I believe you also should receive all Win Rewards, but Venan will have to confirm this. Since the Latest Update none of my opponents have Desynced.

Note 1)
Darkhorse wrote:
  • Resolved an issue where people disconnecting before the end of a PVP fight would not result in a loss. This player's record will be correctly updated on the server within 10 minutes of fight completion.
https://www.venan.com/boh_forum/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=4308
Volunteer- donating BLOOD to Red Cross, SWEAT to Forums.

Bj_Knows

AKA
GM= Things Guilds Were Not Meant to Know
Bj_DWR
BjKnows
Gryphonknight= Ingress, Pokemon, Empires & Puzzles (& Miikeeyy)
CEO of Bee jay Industries
Bj_the_SPOON
BjofCJandBj
Bj_Knows

Re: PVP Win Counted as Loss (Screenshot) - PENDING

Postby Romain » Tue Aug 27, 2013 7:54 pm

Bj_DWR wrote: In the past, this lead to a "Defeated Screen" but actually No Win, No Loss, No Tie for both characters. As of the latest Update, you should be credited with a Win within 10 minutes, and he should be credited with a Loss (Note 1).

I've had a case like this a couple of days ago where I won but was credited with a loss. So not working yet.
Romain

Bug?- Merged

Postby NBW_Joker » Thu Aug 29, 2013 1:04 am

NBW_Joker

Re: PVP Win Counted as Loss (Screenshot) - PENDING- Merged

Postby Little_Mike » Tue Sep 03, 2013 5:44 pm

There is still a bug which is causing the error you are seeing. We are still looking into this. Sorry for the inconvenience.
Little_Mike

PvP Bug: No Rewards

Postby Saint_Kai » Fri Sep 06, 2013 8:31 pm

A few times now, I have gotten lag in a pvp match (sometimes freezing up for 4-5 seconds), particularly near the end, but still end up winning the fight. But the PvP victory screen says there were no rewards (Under the Rewards section, it just says none). Is this a bug? Or was this something implemented to combat afk players? Because I don't think it is a good idea. Lag has to be expected, and penalizing players because of it, merely pours salt on the wound. In trying to combat one issue, it's generally bad form to implement something that punishes players who are merely unlucky.

And let me also say that I do not think afk players are such a big problem that they need to be addressed at all. I remember one of the Venan staff saying that players who strip naked and fight lower level ones, are already punished by receiving lesser tokens because they are fighting lesser might opponents. If Venan isn't going to address that problem (and I imagine it has to be infinitely worse for lower might players to get creamed by a high level player), then this "problem" should go unaddressed, too. At the very least, wait until implementing it until after the classes are balanced enough so that some players aren't forced to just afk, rather than sit there and get creamed over and over. If such a system is implemented now, you may as well tell a third of the playerbase that you don't want them in pvp.

On the other hand, if this is a bug (which I don't think it is, since there is a very definite wording in the Rewards section), then please address it. And note that I am not an afk player, as you can tell by my win/loss record.

Also, of lesser issue, is the "PvP combat ended due to desync" message. Shouldn't PvP be synced up at the start? Why does this count as a loss, as I see the "Defeat" message?

Edit: It seems to happen after a match, when my portrait is the only one shown, and the little sun is spinnig, and I'm waiting for the "Victory" message to come up. It sits there, and sits there, and sits there... and I know it is not my connection, because I can still text and access web pages just fine. So I've gotten used to just waiting, and then my screen dims and goes black because the Galaxy S3 does that as a battery-conserving tactic. I figure, "Eh, okay, I'll just let it go black and set my phone down and check again in a few minutes." But I just now realized that if I do, and come back, I get the "Rewards: None" message. So if I want to avoid that, I have to keep my screen from going dark, and stare at it for several minutes while the pvp server is thinking and lagging?
Saint_Kai

Next

Return to Bug Reporting