Ice Lance, very specific circumstances - KNOWN ISSUE

Found a bug in Book of Heroes? Tell us about it here.

Ice Lance, very specific circumstances - KNOWN ISSUE

Postby Marney » Thu Jan 03, 2013 3:53 pm

Okay, here's the setup to reproduce this stealthy little bug:

A monster with a status of Waiting, at exactly 0.00s (ie, just shocked out of a stun), hit with a Snap Cast Ice Lance (subsequent to being unstunned) will not receive the 0.75s knockback from the spell. As Lord Venan might say, geez, how did you miss THAT! ;)
Marney

Re: Ice Lance, very specific circumstances

Postby Marney » Sun Jan 13, 2013 10:04 pm

So, no one else has noticed this? I've experienced it many, many times now, and I can't believe it's intended behavior, especially since a 'walker's riposted smoke cloud does work as expected on similarly situated monsters. (Previously "waiting" status in that case is set to an attack, which is immediately pushed back appropriately.) That one's harder to pull off, but it works correctly.
Marney

Re: Ice Lance, very specific circumstances

Postby Little_Mike » Mon Jan 14, 2013 5:47 pm

Currently, you cannot knockback an enemy that is in the waiting state. You can only knockback enemies if they have an action queued.
Little_Mike

Re: Ice Lance, very specific circumstances - KNOWN ISSUE

Postby Marney » Tue Jan 15, 2013 4:28 am

But then what happens in the case of a riposted smoke bomb? The dodged enemy attack is over; the smoke bomb takes effect immediately, and the enemy's status goes from... oh wait, I think I understand the difference. In this case the enemy is never specifically set to waiting at 0.00s, and instead goes straight from one action to the next, which is then knocked back - is that right?

Waiting with a duration (as in the case of a surprised enemy) must be different, because I can pushback or slow those guys easily enough.
Marney

Return to Bug Reporting