Missing RPP - KNOWN ISSUE

Found a bug in Book of Heroes? Tell us about it here.

Missing RPP - KNOWN ISSUE

Postby TureTerror » Tue Nov 06, 2012 3:50 pm

When several players do the final kill simultaneously, sometimes RPP is not given out to all players, though it looks like a complete kill, and the energy points are lost.
When in the middle of a fight and someone deals the final kill, the energy points are refunded as the player is thrown out of the battle. But if the player has just killed the monster, no RPP is awarded and the energy is not refunded.

This has happened at several occations, esp in raids with many participants.
TureTerror

Re: Missing RPP

Postby Little_Mike » Tue Nov 06, 2012 7:10 pm

If 5 people kill the last enemy wave at the same time, the first person who registers the kill will get the RPP. The others will not. At the moment there are technical reasons why the other players will not get RPP. Sorry for the inconvenience.
Little_Mike

Re: Missing RPP - KNOWN ISSUE

Postby Doctor_Love_Money_Shot » Thu Dec 20, 2012 3:53 pm

Just give the RPP to everyone. The amount of valor awarded for the raid is fixed so no one will be getting "extra" valor. Otherwise, people feel jipped. I have seen many phases stall out with the last few kills left because no one wants to waste energy. This is stupid.

Alternatively, if RPP is not awarded, give the energy back to everyone, similar to what happens if you are kicked out of the phase mid battle.

This is one of those annoyances of the game that makes it feel like someone didn't think something through properly. Whatever the technical reasons are, find a workaround that doesn't upset people.
Doctor_Love_Money_Shot

Postby TureTerror » Sun Jan 20, 2013 7:30 am

As listed in the Known Issues list, this is still open with no plan when to be fixed.
Please make a workaround for it, as proposed in the previous post. Just having it open release after release is most frustrating.
TureTerror

Postby Bbbb » Thu May 16, 2013 3:41 pm

I also think this affects guild loyalty as well.
Bbbb

Postby SpiritMuse » Mon Dec 09, 2013 6:43 pm

So this has been a known issue for a year now. I'm not usually one to nag on devs but fix it already guys. It's really annoying and makes people feel cheated.
SpiritMuse

Postby Doctor_Love_Money_Shot » Thu Dec 19, 2013 7:29 pm

It is one day short of a year from my simple suggestion to fix this problem, and still no response from Venan.

Hello???? Are you out there Venan?
Doctor_Love_Money_Shot

Postby Bbbb » Mon Jul 07, 2014 1:58 pm

Once you are beyond caring about RPP, this is a feature. I will often try to squeeze in a final attack (especially LoB P4) because I want the payout not the RPP. :)

Note: I really this is a serious problem for 98% of the people out there and I get tired of raids sitting at the end of a phase with no one wanting to hit and waste their e.
Bbbb

Postby DreamingDæmon » Mon Jul 07, 2014 4:30 pm

Bbbb wrote:
Note: I really this is a serious problem for 98% of the people out there and I get tired of raids sitting at the end of a phase with no one wanting to hit and waste their e.

I always just hit the damn thing, I have no patience...

A bigger issue from KFS upwards is Onslaughts. I've seen LoB p2/3 pause at 98-9% for over 5 mins because nobody wants to spend 10e for 3 kills.

It's been suggested before, this is a connected issue, so I'll raise it again. If an Onslaught phase ends whilst you have timer left, refund a proportion of the energy paid to enter. If it's 20% gone, refund 8e (on a 10e phase). If it's 88% gone, refund 1e. Etc.
DreamingDæmon

Return to Bug Reporting