Venan Praise

For all your non-Book of Heroes discussion needs.

Re: Venan Praise

Postby DreamingDæmon » Sat Jul 27, 2013 7:13 pm

I started playing BoH during 1.6. At the time, I was truly despairing of finding a game that I could love - my experiences with other game co's (Uken, in particular) had left me cynical and quite demanding.

BoH blew me away. The longer I have played, the more I've loved it. When I started playing, I was determined not to spend $ because of being burned previously. This game makes me want to drop $ just to show my appreciation for the amazing product.
The storyline, the constant innovations, the variety in gameplay, the quality of the product overall in terms of presentation and performance - all have given a "wow!"

Most of all, though, is the responsiveness. When players say "no, this doesn't work" , Venan seem to genuinely listen, and, more importantly, act - and act quickly - on the concerns that have been raised. This is where you guys knock the competition out of the field.

Thank you for producing BoH. Now hurry up and expand the storyline, I NEEEEEEEEED to know what happens next!!!
DreamingDæmon

Postby _Song » Sun Jul 28, 2013 7:30 pm

This BOH game is by far the best game for interaction. The various choices, ie, select which quests you want to persue first, merc out for raids when your guild isn't running one & multiple chat forums make it a game to play no matter what mood one happens to be in at the time. If I only want to play for a few mins waiting in line at the store, I can gather materials. If I want to play for a while relaxing on the sofa, I can do long quests or raids.
Another cool aspect to BOH is the basic attitude of chat mods. They are helpful if one is confused, greet players like it matters that they are there, and they don't play power trips. They may make an occasional mistake, but from what I have encountered, human mods are better than bots I encountered in another game. There, every single typo or CAP could get you kicked off chat without warning, even if you didn't put the post through.
I'm not thrilled with everything, and am reluctant to sink real world cash into the game in any significant amount just yet, but after playing a few weeks, I am more willing to purchase GS, if for nothing other than to extend active gameplay!
My biggest concern there is that after finding a game I got totally into before & sinking cash & time into it until I had an amazing account, the game got suddenly pulled from the market. For that reason, I really do wish that at least the respecs & starter kits were better priced, but the great outweighs the not so great big time & Venan now has my utmost gamer respect.
So many characters, so much equipment & varied ugs make it a real puzzle to discover your ultimate character build.
I also love the way I can have multiple chars on one account and be a mage or a shadow walker depending upon my mood. It lets me play out my game fantasies in so many ways that sometimes I forget I am wheelchair bound because I am slaying dragons, killing rats & RP with other players doing everything from chasing squirrels to throwing pies. Its a great community and I hope that BOH is here to see me through many years. WTG, VENAN!! (ok, I shut up now...Peace)
_Song

Art: PvP Beta Weapons

Postby Bj_Knows » Thu Aug 22, 2013 11:56 am

Subject
Art: PvP Beta Weapons

Love the Beta PvP weapons. They look cruel, mean and ready to cause some gastly wounds.
Volunteer- donating BLOOD to Red Cross, SWEAT to Forums.

Bj_Knows

AKA
GM= Things Guilds Were Not Meant to Know
Bj_DWR
BjKnows
Gryphonknight= Ingress, Pokemon, Empires & Puzzles (& Miikeeyy)
CEO of Bee jay Industries
Bj_the_SPOON
BjofCJandBj
Bj_Knows

PvP or Learning from Expert Players

Postby Bj_Knows » Mon Aug 26, 2013 10:31 am

Subject
PvP or Learning from Expert Players

Thank you Venan for adding PvP. Often Expert Players have no time to post to the Forums or share their techniques with players not in their Guild. But by fighting with them, I learn valuable techniques that I can apply to PvE. Since learning new techniques in PvP, I can now get through Hall of the Goblin King Dungeon Zone with zero damage (22K Might Rating Shadow Walker) until the first Dungeon Boss, and can complete this Dungeon Zone very fast in Real World Speed. I used to use Frost Runes on Double Satyrs and BloodFang, now I destroy them using insanely fast PvP techiques. This also applies to my Justicar and War Mage characters.

Bj_Knows

AKA
Bj_DWR
BjKnows
Bj_the_SPOON
BjofCJandBj
Bj_Knows

Postby Pinoy_Fizz » Thu Aug 29, 2013 5:27 pm

At the beginning, i hate Kfs ( karnak raid) onslaught. It is just hard when u dont know what to do. Thanks to all players and guildies for sharing their input. I love onslaught and cant get enough. Keep practicing guys, it will get easier. Cheers!
Pinoy_Fizz

Art: Eye of the Cave Serpent

Postby Bj_Knows » Tue Oct 22, 2013 9:44 am

Subject
Art: Eye of the Cave Serpent

I always smile when I see the Hourglass Pupil of the Cave Serpent. A monster which drops the "Recipe: Potion Haste" and the uncommon ingredient, Cave Serpent Venom.

Bj_Knows

AKA
Bj_DWR
BjKnows
Bj_the_SPOON
BjofCJandBj
Bj_Knows

Praise- Event Mobs drop Materials

Postby Bj_Knows » Sat Nov 02, 2013 7:41 pm

Subject
Praise- Event Mobs drop Crafting Materials

Posted from my iPod

During Seasonal, and weekend, Events, we kill a lot of Mobs. One of the things I love about the Undead Invasion Zone is it drops Undead Ichor, for Crafted Potions, *and* my characters get Hero Score.
Bj_Knows

Wow! New Vile Art

Postby Bj_Knows » Tue Dec 17, 2013 7:10 pm

Subject
Wow! New Vile Art

Just ran into the Vile Wolf Matriarch and it looks AWESPOON! It looks even better when you zoom in.
Bj_Knows

Action Timer Relocation

Postby Bj_Knows » Tue Dec 17, 2013 10:40 pm

Subject
Action Timer Relocation

I love how the Action Timer has been relocated to the top of the Monster Cards. When fighting 3 Mobs all 3 Action Timers are visible reguardless of which Monster Card is selected for Single Attacks.

Instead of catching a glimse of the Were Chef's frying pan, next August, the Action Timer will be at the top so we can see the awesome Boss Monster Art.

Bj_Knows

AKA
Bj_DWR
BjKnows
Bj_the_SPOON
BjofCJandBj
Bj_Knows

Postby Grnm » Wed Dec 18, 2013 2:33 pm

Actually there's a lot in 2.0.0 which deserves praise..

1. Quest items counter - a real helper..thanks!
2. Status effect animations - poisoned, ensnared..ice & fire etc. etc.
3. Great world map animations - I particularly like the clouds in the Vile realm - very subtle
4. Stunning backgrounds - many little details..
5. Great artwork for Viles.. though I find Calisto's bosoms a bit too ample for my tastes.. huhuh..
6. Great artwork for rings.. thanks!
7. A lot of other little artsy details which make the game more pleasing to the eye..

This may sound like cosmetic changes not affecting the gameplay but we really spend so much time just staring at these things that I really appreciate the aesthetic side..

PS.. Seriously... I could donate a few gs to Calisto so that the poor girl gets a bra just one size bigger.. can't stand seeing another intelligent being suffering..
Grnm

PreviousNext

Return to Off-Topic Discussions