Venan Praise

For all your non-Book of Heroes discussion needs.

HD Graphics

Postby Bj_Knows » Sat Oct 06, 2012 2:28 pm

Thank you Venan for putting the time in for the new HD graphics. Text is much easier to read on my 4th generation iPod Touch. The monsters & game buttons have amazing details. Ice Fracture. Major Blight Rune. Vanish. Radiant Light. So many cool images to chose among.

HD makes my favorite image of Ice Lord Vallus even more awesome.

I will have to make a new character just to rerun all 193 quests & see the graphics. I do suspect they will all have a hard time convincing me to change my mind. But we will see.

P.S. even easier to see the details on any iPad. Looks awesome on CJ's 1st gen & Mom''s 3rd gen.
Volunteer- donating BLOOD to Red Cross, SWEAT to Forums.

Bj_Knows

AKA
GM= Things Guilds Were Not Meant to Know
Bj_DWR
BjKnows
Gryphonknight= Ingress, Pokemon, Empires & Puzzles (& Miikeeyy)
CEO of Bee jay Industries
Bj_the_SPOON
BjofCJandBj
Bj_Knows

Re: Venan Praise

Postby Little_Mike » Sun Oct 07, 2012 12:23 am

Your mom plays the game? You must have the coolest mom ever!
Little_Mike

Postby king_Bad » Sun Oct 07, 2012 6:41 pm

thank you all. it is obvious how much time and care went into making this incredible game. i dont usually like to spend $ on games, but you guys wholly deserve my money. the guild system is great. met, and fought along side so many great people from around the world that i would of never known otherwise. perfect implementation all around. best smartphone game hands down. -cheers
king_Bad

Postby Markonian » Mon Oct 08, 2012 1:32 pm

Venan is Tops, Pure & Simple!

The game is Great, Overall Play is fun, and differentiation between Character Classes means there is a Character Type to suit each person.
Quests are interesting, varied and some NPC'S have Humorous Story lines that add even more Fun to the game!
Selection of Weapons and Upgrades for each Class is good and well-thought-out.
The ability to add Gems into slots allows further Customization among the Character Classes.
Music Selections are great and add to overall Ambiance of the Gaming Experience, Raid Music is especially well-chosen and adds to the Excitement of Raids.
Raids really are the Focal Point of Guild Activity and really bring a Solid Guild together to enjoy the Camaraderie of Battling side-by-side, while Enjoying Communal Company through Guild Chat.
Venan's Tireless efforts to continue to Upgrade and Improve the Game means that each new Patch brings a little more ease of operation, or tweaks something to make the Playing Experience, even better!
Admins and Moderators do a Great Job of keeping Global Chat a Family-Friendly Venue, in keeping with many of the Game's younger members.
Both Admins and Moderators are Knowledgeable on the game's Operational Aspects, so that they can answer nearly all In-Chat questions, or, if needed, direct Players to send in a Customer Support Email.

In Summation, Book of Heroes is the Great Game it is because of the Wonderful, Creative, and Caring Folk of Venan!
We the Dedicated Players of BoH Salute ALL Venan Staff, from Admins to Moderators to Technical Staff.

Thanks for bringing us such a Great Game! :-)
Markonian

Chat Messages last 24 hours

Postby Bj_Knows » Tue Oct 09, 2012 11:57 am

( viewtopic.php?f=10&t=1248 )
"-
•The time at which chat messages expire due to not being accessed has increased from 30 minutes to 1 day.
-"

Thank you for extending the time a chat message remains on each chat channel. I do not know what it is costing you in increased Server Costs, but I find it worth every penny.

It is very nice to wake up each morning, log in to do my Daily Bounty, and find chat messages from my Guildmates originally posted while I was asleep. To log in during lunch and see all the Guild chat from the Raid I missed. To Log in at night and find people joking while they Farm items for the latest Guild Favor.

Thank you Venan, it has made the Guild Experience even better.

Bj_Knows

AKA
Bj_DWR
BjKnows
Bj_the_SPOON
BjofCJandBj
Bj_Knows

Postby Myrrdin » Mon Oct 15, 2012 7:58 pm

I've been playing boh for probably 5 months now. It's the only mmo I've ever played and it may have ruined me for other games. How venan came up with such an awesome game is beyond me. Well done venan!
Myrrdin

Postby Peter34_merc » Mon Nov 26, 2012 12:39 pm

I don't play much these days, and in the past there has been long periods where I didn't play at all, but the fact is, BoH is one of very few so-called "free to play" where the free game, not spending any real world €€€ on magic smurf berries or similar, is actually fun and completely devoid of genuine frustrations. I have given up completely on hunting for free-to-play games in the IOS App Store. If a game costs 0 DKK to buy then I will ignore it completely - behave as if it does not exist - unless someone I trust recommends it to me. Free games are a waste of time, designed for the sole purpose of getting me to buy smurf berries.

BoH is the one exception. Venan somehow found the right approach, from day one (I started playing before 1.1). to make freeloader play truly fun, truly satisfying, truly non-frustrating. I have bought gold, of course, and I expect to do it again next year. But I bought gold because I wanted to. Not because I had to. Not because Venan forced - in any sense of that word - me to.

Of course there are design flaws. And new content is added too rarely. But BoH is basically good on the conceptual level. with in-app-purchase being a TRULY optional thing.
Peter34_merc

Postby CJ_the_Girl » Wed Jan 02, 2013 2:57 pm

Just to bump this thread a bit - I'm really enjoying the new update, the new art, all the new STUFF to find. The bug fix areas and feature suggestions are getting full - how about y'all give Venan a shout-out for all the things you love about the update?

Me: the art (as always), MOAR GEMS!!, more gear to chase, new quests, new THINGS (holigobs and portals and flux, oh my!), enchantments, DIFFERENT Daily Bounties...

... yeah, wee bit of a fangirl here.
CJ_the_Girl

Raid Boss Wound/ Sword Bar

Postby Bj_Knows » Thu Jan 03, 2013 3:55 pm

I love the new Raid Boss Wound/ Sword Bar. By changing the v1.3 Purple Heart Counter to a Red Heart Counter and changing the v1.3 Red Heart Bar to a Wound/ Sword Bar it is obvious to the player that the Raid Boss is different from a normal, Elite, or Boss Monster.

Thanks Venan, you rock.

Bj_Knows

AKA
Bj_DWR
BjKnows
Bj_the_SPOON
BjofCJandBj
Bj_Knows

New Cool Downs

Postby Bj_Knows » Sat Jan 12, 2013 11:45 am

I love the new cool downs.

Before I only used Reflexive Strike in Onslaught & Ice Storm at the beginning of combat. By reducing the cool downs, I can actually decide between three or four options each action, instead of going with the one not in cool down.

Except for one Shadow Walker & two Justicar ability, Haste affects cool downs. Combine this with new Weapon Low & High Damage, 1 h weapons doing same Damage Per Second, 2 handed weapons doing same Damage per second, and which of the four weapons you pick really effects your combat style without penalizing you for choosing the wrong weapon.

Bj_Knows

AKA
Bj_DWR
BjKnows
Bj_the_SPOON
BjofCJandBj
Bj_Knows

PreviousNext

Return to Off-Topic Discussions