Update coming soon!

Have something to say about Book of Heroes? Post it here!

Re: Update coming soon!

Postby Saraa » Sat Jun 09, 2018 2:06 am

There's another solution that's a bit less drastic that I already proposed to Kal and he's looking into that would essentially eliminate farming. Have all mats earned in a raid be banked until the completion of the raid. If the raid is cancelled, you receive nothing earned from that raid, if it fails you only receive 25%(or so) of what you earned. I'm sure more than a few will find this wildly unpopular but it will encourage people to join active guilds or participate in raids that are actually trying to be completed.
Saraa

Postby _Raiden » Sat Jun 09, 2018 10:18 am

Now that everyone had benefited from farming.
No consideration for other players thats still growing?
All of a suddend farming is being frown upon?
No offense to anyone here.

Somethings can be easily solved and still keep everyone happy.

guild can always do open raids , why force someone to join another guild ?
For your own selfish needs of guild points?

1) removal of the penalty in points for guild that open merc slots

2) increases merc slots for the raids

Top players max enchanting may not need to farm as they will need the new valor to grow.

But pls do consider newer/growing players that still need to farm to get max enchantments.

Not that i need those farming raids anyway.
But do think of others too.

Thank you
_Raiden

Postby Bbbb » Sat Jun 09, 2018 10:21 am

Saraa wrote:There's another solution that's a bit less drastic... I'm sure more than a few will find this wildly unpopular but it will encourage people to join active guilds or participate in raids that are actually trying to be completed.

You can put me in that camp.

If you think you are going to convert farmers to being in active guilds, I would guess the success rate will be about 10%. The bulk of them are there because they tired of guild BS, can't find a guild with a good schedule for them or they are very part-time players who do not hit enough for a guild to want them.

I am sure that it will lead to players quitting and will make matters worse not better. Most people in farming guilds do hit active raids when they are available. So those players quit and the high end player base shrinks even more.

:lol: On Ares' plan, it is more flawed. I love the part about closing farm guilds and putting the toons in Top 50 guilds. Only problem is that those two sets are not mutually exclusive. Some farm guilds do finish raids sometimes.

All I was suggesting was making sure the raid difficulty/length was well balanced.
Bbbb

Postby Bbbb » Sat Jun 09, 2018 10:25 am

_Raiden wrote:1) removal of the penalty in points for guild that open merc slots

You know that was broken for like the past 2 years, right? There is no penalty. That why you see most true raids wide open. Note to Kal: few, if any, want this fixed - it is more better without the penalty.

2) increases merc slots for the raids

This is why PM is still viable whereas LoB died.
Bbbb

Postby Illy_the_Red » Sat Jun 09, 2018 2:53 pm

- Keep the no penalty for full mercs. In hindsight it should always have been like this.

- There is no problem with people farming in principle. This is being for some reason compared to skunking or HS whoring...but it is only perceived as an issue because of a lack of active players. As has been said, forcing this issue will not help. It may even drive even more players away. The people that want to run full raids are already raiding in them...the farmers don’t want to do full raids. That’s why they’re farming. Don’t penalise people simply because some higher Might players don’t like it. The raids need tweaks to encourage the players we do have raiding to continue to do so.

- Expanding the guild slots to 300 has been suggested many, many times before and is a great idea.

- Closing people’s guilds and then randomly shuffling us into new ones will kill any goodwill Venan hope to garner from a new update. Likewise if you limit people to two toons.

- Please keep the ability to move between guilds freely (just in case the stupid idea of bringing the guild loyalty system back is hanging around).

- I love the idea of Might req applying at a phase level not an overall raid level. That way in a theoretical new raid P1 (if it is mob based), a larger group can push the raid along. Then the later phases can be progressed by high Might toons. It would be perfect for multi-tooning.

Many of the extreme suggestions will see the game waving goodbye to even more players and the goodwill pending from a new update evaporate. Venan have had big problems with this in the past so they need to be careful. All that is really needed is some careful raid tweaks like B4 suggested.
Illy_the_Red

Postby _Raiden » Sat Jun 09, 2018 10:25 pm

Bbbb wrote:
_Raiden wrote:1) removal of the penalty in points for guild that open merc slots

You know that was broken for like the past 2 years, right? There is no penalty. That why you see most true raids wide open. Note to Kal: few, if any, want this fixed - it is more better without the penalty.

[quote]

Holly crap honestly i did not know it was removed . Haha

But i do agree with your broad views on this matter.

Some other suggestions are just outright selfish
_Raiden

Postby Woггîoг » Sun Jun 10, 2018 1:42 am

Last edited by Woггîoг on Tue Mar 19, 2019 4:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Woггîoг

Postby Saraa » Sun Jun 10, 2018 2:13 am

Kîlldozer wrote:Illy, _Raiden, and B all make good points in their posts and then you get two really silly selfish posts that are just plain idiotic. I'm not sure which one was more dumb or selfish, both made me chuckle a bit, but if you seriously think that by forcing a player to play a rpg game your way, grow their toon your way, or move them out of their guild that they want to play in to fit your personal or your personal guild's selfish agenda...ummm...no, won't be happening. I would rather go find another game to invest my time in than play a game that forces me to play a way that isn't fun and play a way that I don't want to play.

If a player chooses to play (farm, ignore pvp, only mercing high end raids from a lower level guild, or just be content just running squires with their friends in their own personal guild) within the rules of Boh...it's their prerogative and really it's none of your business Ares, Saraa, or anyone else who thinks that the Boh has to bend over backwards to make your game fun. What your are basically saying is that if you want to play Boh and you have a 75k+ toon, you will be in a high end guild so that other high end players can play the way they want. You are forgetting that it isn't about you, what you want, or what you want to achieve. What if I'm an 80k+ toon and I'm a member of Elite Killer Rabbits, just an example, because I like the people there, I'm friends with Squirrel, and I enjoy playing the game with the players there? What's wrong with that? Everyone should be able to play the way they want with whomever they want as long as they play within the game rules. It's funny players frown upon a player who farms, but a high end guild will coddle and look the other way when there are individuals who are known or have known a player to cheat or bot in the past or present. That's funny, huh?

The lack of real new content and new updates has beaten us old timers down, some have left, and overall player numbers are down, but we're still here. Instead of making things worse by coming up with dumb ideas like this, mabey it would be better if the guild cliques were dropped, people were a little less selfish, guilds were more inclusive to ALL MEMBERS (NOT JUST OFFICERS and BFF's), and players would think a little more about trying to make the game better by helping new players up through the might ranks instead of demotivating them turning them off. A player could be a jerk with their ego somehow being tied to their might level or they could be helpful, motivating, and give the new player something to strive for. This is something that doesn't need an update or new content to happen, anyone can do this and it would seriously improve the overall morale of the players in Boh.

Everyone started at zero at one time in Boh...don't forget it.

I made a suggestion that was a little outside the box. I don't expect everyone to agree with it and anyone is entitled to disagree with it. At no point in time did I demand Venan, or anyone else for that matter, immediately conform to this suggestion. Regardless of what happens, I'm going to continue to play the way I have and work within the paramaters that Venan has created for everyone.
Saraa

Postby Woггîoг » Sun Jun 10, 2018 3:40 am

Last edited by Woггîoг on Tue Mar 19, 2019 4:17 am, edited 1 time in total.
Woггîoг

Postby Rezel » Sun Jun 10, 2018 6:29 am

Massive plus one for different phases of the same raid having different might requirements.

The KFS and LOB comparison/problems have been brought up. Wouldn’t LOB be more enjoyable if the final phase wasn’t there?

I didn't think farming was a issue for anyone. If it is a vile realm farming portal could work, where you can pick what level you go against. Level one could be the equivalent of the mist phase1 and level ten could be TSR phase1 the drops reflex the difficulty.
Rezel

PreviousNext

Return to Discussions