Update coming soon!

Have something to say about Book of Heroes? Post it here!

Update coming soon!

Postby dragondreamer » Wed May 16, 2018 7:46 am

For those who missed the announcement by dev Kalindrov in global yesterday, here's what was said.

Next valour tier of raid, gear and quests.

"Soul crushing new raid that aims to destroy what little defences you have!"

PvP fixes, reset, progression.

Timeline is in June
dragondreamer

Re: Update coming soon!

Postby Bbbb » Wed May 16, 2018 8:54 am

First, DD, I don't remember him saying quests or gear. However, I assume gear is implied with new valor tier.

He said more in PVP chat. Something about PVP rewards, new PVP season, and fixing bugs. Off the top of my head, the bugs were snapcast+LS, axe mastery on, and a couple others.

The Axe Mastery one is what has people concerned. If it means taking away Axe Mastery working on Swords, I think the player community will strongly oppose that - the people talking in chat yesterday did. That is a huge nerf to FK especially without a T20 Axe. If it is just renaming it and fixing the description, then by all means go for it.

Also, if Kal is reading this and the new raid is dropping essence/flux, please increase the amount of flux relative to essence. If you run TSR and SQ all the time, you'll discover you have tons of essence and never enough flux. The weekly quests offering essence and no flux have made this problem even worse.

Another concern I have is that a new level of gems (if we are getting them) will make the Lucky and Holigob Gems obsolete. Please provide a path to upgrade those to the newest tier. The Unstables will be obsolete too but I don't care so much about them as they are mostly useless to start with.
Bbbb

Postby John_is_Glendas_lik_a_stick » Wed May 16, 2018 9:26 am

Here are the screen shots from Global that I have. Sadly I missed the PVP chat. The first shot is where Kal anounced "the next valor tier of raid, gear and quests".
Attachments
BOH 1.JPG
BOH 1.JPG (249.26 KiB) Viewed 1749 times
BOH 2.JPG
BOH 2.JPG (251.11 KiB) Viewed 1749 times
BOH 3.JPG
BOH 3.JPG (244.27 KiB) Viewed 1749 times
John_is_Glendas_lik_a_stick

Postby John_is_Glendas_lik_a_stick » Wed May 16, 2018 9:32 am

And I agree about Axe Mastery. If it won't work with swords it would seriously nerf a class that doesn't need to be nerfed! I'll be very upset because Frost Knight is probably my favorite class.
John_is_Glendas_lik_a_stick

Postby dragondreamer » Wed May 16, 2018 12:16 pm

My posting is either direct quotes or a paraphrase. Unfortunately I can't post screenshots. Thanks to Just_ Johnfor doing so.

I should have written "working on the next valor tier of raid, gear and quests".

Usual wiggle room there, so I shouldn't have been so specific lol

I missed the PvP comments, so if anyone has screenshots to post, please do!
dragondreamer

Postby Kenner » Wed May 16, 2018 4:17 pm

For a more complete list of known bugs look at this thread

viewtopic.php?f=5&t=8920#_thread
Kenner

Postby Bbbb » Wed May 16, 2018 7:33 pm

Kenner wrote:For a more complete list of known bugs look at this thread

Thanks. I will discuss that with Jala tomorrow to find out more details about Axe Mastery.

Posts by Kalindrov tonight (may update again later):

"the new season ending rewards are in the process of being drawn by art"

He goes on to list those bugs above.

I disagree about Axe Mastery and he said "well then someone needs to properly describe the bug heh"

"currently making next tier valor raid to accompany new armor set" He later said that was T20 pve.

He agreed to maybe look at some raid length issues - possibly WoF, GK, HiM, LoB and CV

"well I am planning to make this next raid super challenging for you end game superstars :) so bring your A game"

No new gem tier in this update
Bbbb

Postby Saraa » Thu May 17, 2018 3:35 am

Axe Mastery has always been poorly named. This was confirmed by Chem no more than a week after the new classes came out. FK, being a 1hand/offhand class, naturally struggles with damage output before(and sometimes even after) buffs/debuffs. Nerfing this ability would effectively make FK nearly unbearable to play in every facet of this game.
Saraa

Postby Illy_the_Red » Thu May 17, 2018 9:23 am

Bbbb wrote:
Kenner wrote:For a more complete list of known bugs look at this thread

Thanks. I will discuss that with Jala tomorrow to find out more details about Axe Mastery.

Posts by Kalindrov tonight (may update again later):

"the new season ending rewards are in the process of being drawn by art"

He goes on to list those bugs above.

I disagree about Axe Mastery and he said "well then someone needs to properly describe the bug heh"

"currently making next tier valor raid to accompany new armor set" He later said that was T20 pve.

He agreed to maybe look at some raid length issues - possibly WoF, GK, HiM, LoB and CV

"well I am planning to make this next raid super challenging for you end game superstars :) so bring your A game"

No new gem tier in this update

Without judging things too much on Kal’s exact words (which may or may not reflect what actually happens), I don’t think it’s unreasonable to expect a new valour tier that brings new gear would also have new gems. Every new valour released in the game has also come with new gems.

The seasonal gems are just fluff, little things that don’t actually make a ton of difference (well, maybe the Lucky ones do). If new gems are released I don’t mind these being (relatively) obsolete. It’s always been annoying that now you can’t get max might without spending a ton of cash on T8 Tragick gems, minty gems, lucky gems and pointless white gems (I know those latter ones don’t cost anything). It would however be nice if they acknowledged the work people have put in to gain these seasonal gems by making them upgradeable.

Personally I would like to see (after quests, raids, valour and all that comes with them) most a way to utilise gem shards that makes more sense. We should be able to convert these like we can valour. I don’t mind trading tons of gems just to get one new one, or hundreds of shards. Just make it an option.

+1 on please make flux drop more, and don’t nerf Frost Knight. If there’s a class that needs looking at for balance, it’s Inquisitors.

If Kal is reading these posts, it will be well worth browsing the forums in depth, particularly at suggestions threads. A ton of great ideas have been thrown up on the forums that are now way back in the mists of time.
Illy_the_Red

Postby dragondreamer » Fri May 25, 2018 10:51 am

Bumping this thread.
dragondreamer

Next

Return to Discussions