bullying by moderators

Have something to say about Book of Heroes? Post it here!

bullying by moderators

Postby Darkthorn » Mon May 29, 2017 10:25 am

After much searching I hope I have found the right arena to voice my complaint and I don't think I'm the only one. I'm Darkthorne and I am a "non" paying boher.. I have been repeatedly silenced by bullying mods that blatantly disregard their own rules by playing favorites and using other non-mods as pets to wolfpack players that don't share their brand of chat,humor or beliefs. Now I couldn't give a rats rump about this game as far as the pvp part goes... it sucks bottom line. But to threaten and bully players who voice genuine concerns about a subject who are just innocently chatting is a growing concern that I don't think you ppl really understand. I've heard from long time players how boh has had a real history of moderator abuses that go way back. Now I understand things like that happen on many chat type games but you guys are real hypocrites. Because I said I had a Bantu heritage... your mods have started making comments about an issue of me bringing up "color" in topics when your mods are clearly racists. As I stated I don't care about color, creed or beliefs and yes I know this is walking the chat lines but your mods have brought it up... I also stated that I believe all opinions matter but was told that the only one that really does is Venans. I hope for this games sake that isn't true because of this countries laws on equality, bullying and free speech trump your petty game rules. I honestly don't know how you can fix this problem, Moderators that Moderate Moderators?? But you need to take action before the law steps in.
Darkthorn

Re: bullying by moderators

Postby Errör_Phåse404 » Mon May 29, 2017 1:11 pm

Darkthorn wrote:After much searching I hope I have found the right arena to voice my complaint and I don't think I'm the only one. I'm Darkthorne and I am a "non" paying boher.. I have been repeatedly silenced by bullying mods that blatantly disregard their own rules by playing favorites and using other non-mods as pets to wolfpack players that don't share their brand of chat,humor or beliefs. Now I couldn't give a rats rump about this game as far as the pvp part goes... it sucks bottom line. But to threaten and bully players who voice genuine concerns about a subject who are just innocently chatting is a growing concern that I don't think you ppl really understand. I've heard from long time players how boh has had a real history of moderator abuses that go way back. Now I understand things like that happen on many chat type games but you guys are real hypocrites. Because I said I had a Bantu heritage... your mods have started making comments about an issue of me bringing up "color" in topics when your mods are clearly racists. As I stated I don't care about color, creed or beliefs and yes I know this is walking the chat lines but your mods have brought it up... I also stated that I believe all opinions matter but was told that the only one that really does is Venans. I hope for this games sake that isn't true because of this countries laws on equality, bullying and free speech trump your petty game rules. I honestly don't know how you can fix this problem, Moderators that Moderate Moderators?? But you need to take action before the law steps in.

Bahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha
Errör_Phåse404

Postby Kîlldozer » Mon May 29, 2017 6:47 pm

Last edited by Kîlldozer on Sun Jun 11, 2017 4:26 am, edited 1 time in total.
Kîlldozer

Postby Illy_the_Red » Tue May 30, 2017 7:28 am

Lol I felt 'happiness patrol incoming' from this too. Over the years it's mainly that there are those who are punished properly and those that are allowed to (in some cases) get away with such things continually, and it depends who is dealing with it. Always been the case, and probably always will be. Venan have never had any inclination towards tightening this up, and now they are apparently reduced to a staff level lower than your average bin collection vehicle I doubt they have the time to look into it.
Illy_the_Red

Postby Darkthorn » Tue May 30, 2017 8:41 am

My rant if you will, is that i don't have a problem with rules in pvp set about by venan being pg-13. My beef is that mods are bullys that don't mod by their own guidelines. No one wants to be fair they talk about an preach it from the platform but its just not so. And I'm not like some here that live the fantasy ( rp marriage and kids and drama) but I just don't like hypocrites. And your probably right, no one really cares but me hunh? lol. oh well. non need for me to change now. :shock:
Darkthorn

Postby Jumper » Tue May 30, 2017 11:33 am

I've always had a problem with phase.... But just cause he's a SW. They should delete all SWS!!!!!!!! ;p
Jumper

Postby urbanpharmacy » Tue Jun 06, 2017 3:06 am

Hi darkthorn, I see that was enough of an issue for you that you created a forum account just to address the issue.....

I'm sure it will gain traction ;)..... Call me when it does... You can always find me @ downunder

LMFAO.... But whisper me if you want my explanation of why you are asking to engage in a loosing Battle.

Also view the epic fairwell to spoons post for some historical perspective
Last edited by urbanpharmacy on Tue Jun 06, 2017 3:12 am, edited 1 time in total.
urbanpharmacy

Postby ECIII » Tue Jun 06, 2017 4:19 am

Nîии wrote:I sat and watched you, ECIII_IS_NOT_HERE, Phase, and two mods go back and forth last night in Pvp chat. It saddens me, but I'm kinda leaning towards Phase's side on this one. Who would of guessed?

Pvp chat is a public chat that according to the chat rules is supposed to be 13years old plus as far as content goes. That means keep it civilized and pretty vanilla. Instead of rambling on and going back and forth with Phase you always had the option to switch chats or just walk away from the conversation. You chose to butt heads instead...ok, fine. Then two mods show up so you just continue to go back and forth with them too. It's like you were just asking for trouble by the continuing the conversation.
There are good mods and there are mods that really shouldn't be mods. After 4 years of playing BoH I made the decision not to chat in public chats because I will get in to trouble there. For me to chat in Pvp or global chat would be just asking for a silence or a permaban. I could just make life easier by dropping some f-bombs, call Phase a moron to cut to the chase, and save time of going back and forth drawing out the long process of getting silenced.
If you've played BoH for a bit you know who is who and how to deal with them. The last time I checked Venan is a privately owned business that can set any rule they choose when it comes to how strict or child friendly they want their content to be. When it comes to public chat, check the chat rules. If you feel like Phase is trying to start crap or violating the rules...whisper a Mod and let them deal with him. If you feel like a Mod isn't doing their job or is the problem just screen shot it and send it to customer service. There are ways to deal with things, it's all in how you want to go about it. You can always not butt heads and just walk away too. I have many players on iggy personally because, in my opinion, they are idiots, but keep in mind that there is a ignore button and it is there for a reason if you want to use it.

I have to go now because I hear the Happiness Patrol coming, but there are alternative ways to deal with situations that pop up in public chats or in BoH in general. Butting heads in chats never goes well, you'll probably end up silenced or banned. Good luck.

Haha I don't even remember that night I like seeing my name here though lol
ECIII

Postby Magic_Man » Wed Jun 14, 2017 7:01 am

I've been here less than 5 months but have spent a fair amount of that time in PvP chat. During that time I've come to the same conclusions you have. Obviously,there are mods who are good at their job, those you would choose to associate with and possibly have whether or not they were mods. And then there are those mods who prove the old saw that a little but of power is a dangerous thing, and it went right to their heads. Which type of mod they are seems to have no clear relationship with how long they've been at the job but rather how well they interpret the rules and apply them to every day situations. Some mods, one in particular, rather than taking the time to scroll back a bit to gain some context on a situation, are always happy to interject their opinions and issue warnings while others tend to take the time and find that what appears on the surface to be fighting or arguing is just friends giving each other a hard time as friends are wont to do.

Just as prevalent is the tendency of most mods to assume the wrongdoer with no other information to go on than their familiarity with or opinion of one of the participants. Needless to say, this will, more often than not, result in overt favoritism of the worst order.

I don't delude myself into thinking that your post, Illy's post, my post, or the post of everyone on BoH who agreed but is either too unmotivated or unaware to post would cause a big enough stir at Venan for any sort of action on their part and, honestly, I'm not entirely certain exactly what they could do about it even were they do inclined. I do know that if they want to staunch the bleeding away of players tired of waiting for the much hoped for new content, the second most important thing they could do (after fixing PvP) is out their trust in the right people as mods. With the recent introduction of the BoH catalog, written by user Gius, and the information available here, the role of mod need no longer be filled by the most knowledgeable players but by those who can exercise the best judgment on behalf of Venan.

Thanks for providing a platform that allows me to express my views.
Magic_Man

Postby Errör_Phåse404 » Wed Jun 14, 2017 6:20 pm

Magic_Man wrote:I've been here less than 5 months but have spent a fair amount of that time in PvP chat. During that time I've come to the same conclusions you have. Obviously,there are mods who are good at their job, those you would choose to associate with and possibly have whether or not they were mods. And then there are those mods who prove the old saw that a little but of power is a dangerous thing, and it went right to their heads. Which type of mod they are seems to have no clear relationship with how long they've been at the job but rather how well they interpret the rules and apply them to every day situations. Some mods, one in particular, rather than taking the time to scroll back a bit to gain some context on a situation, are always happy to interject their opinions and issue warnings while others tend to take the time and find that what appears on the surface to be fighting or arguing is just friends giving each other a hard time as friends are wont to do.

Just as prevalent is the tendency of most mods to assume the wrongdoer with no other information to go on than their familiarity with or opinion of one of the participants. Needless to say, this will, more often than not, result in overt favoritism of the worst order.

I don't delude myself into thinking that your post, Illy's post, my post, or the post of everyone on BoH who agreed but is either too unmotivated or unaware to post would cause a big enough stir at Venan for any sort of action on their part and, honestly, I'm not entirely certain exactly what they could do about it even were they do inclined. I do know that if they want to staunch the bleeding away of players tired of waiting for the much hoped for new content, the second most important thing they could do (after fixing PvP) is out their trust in the right people as mods. With the recent introduction of the BoH catalog, written by user Gius, and the information available here, the role of mod need no longer be filled by the most knowledgeable players but by those who can exercise the best judgment on behalf of Venan.

Thanks for providing a platform that allows me to express my views.

Bahahahahahahahahahahahaha
Errör_Phåse404

Return to Discussions