Why Complain

Have something to say about Book of Heroes? Post it here!

Why Complain

Postby Just_Boney » Sat May 20, 2017 6:30 am

Everyone knows BOH is the best game available! I joined about 1.5 years ago and have been hooked since then. It is impossible to please everyone, and I personally want to thank Venan for this game.

Yes, it does have issues from time to time, but what game doesn't?
We have plenty of holiday events to get extra loot, and while some don't like certain Weekly Challenges, there is always next week!

Thank you Venan!
Just_Boney

Re: Why Complain

Postby Kîlldozer » Sat May 20, 2017 9:21 am

Why complain? Because the squeaky wheel gets the grease. Because if there is a problem or a way to make things better sitting on your hands, being delusional, and saying nothing gets nothing done. If people speak up and give their opinions you can exclude the nonsense and get some great ideas to make Boh awesome again if only someone would actually listen to them and make some kind of effort to fix things.
I love Boh, it's a unique game and given you playing for 1.5 years, you don't really know what it was like back in 2013 or 2014. Boh was bumping and now it is a shell player wise of what it once was. I can only speak from Oct 2013 until now, but there are a few old timers out there who have been here way longer than me that could speak on how hard it was to get in to a guild or get in to a raid as a merc. It wasn't because of the lack of raids or guilds it was because both were full. The players can do only so much, the people running the show (Venan) need to put a little work in, listen to the players, and it could bounce back really quickly. A little more effort from the powers that be would make a huge difference. What some call complaining might just be caring...depending on how you look at it.
Kîlldozer

Postby Illy_the_Red » Sat May 20, 2017 2:30 pm

WarPumpkin wrote:Why complain? Because the squeaky wheel gets the grease. Because if there is a problem or a way to make things better sitting on your hands, being delusional, and saying nothing gets nothing done. If people speak up and give their opinions you can exclude the nonsense and get some great ideas to make Boh awesome again if only someone would actually listen to them and make some kind of effort to fix things.
I love Boh, it's a unique game and given you playing for 1.5 years, you don't really know what it was like back in 2013 or 2014. Boh was bumping and now it is a shell player wise of what it once was. I can only speak from Oct 2013 until now, but there are a few old timers out there who have been here way longer than me that could speak on how hard it was to get in to a guild or get in to a raid as a merc. It wasn't because of the lack of raids or guilds it was because both were full. The players can do only so much, the people running the show (Venan) need to put a little work in, listen to the players, and it could bounce back really quickly. A little more effort from the powers that be would make a huge difference. What some call complaining might just be caring...depending on how you look at it.

This is so true. Not sure what precipitated the OP, but this is true. Compared to what it was like when I started playing (~4.5 years), the game has lost bucketloads of active players.
Illy_the_Red

Postby Bbbb » Sun May 21, 2017 9:18 am

WarPumpkin wrote:The players can do only so much, the people running the show (Venan) need to put a little work in, listen to the players, and it could bounce back really quickly.

It needs one other thing, better new player recruitment. In the early Kabam days, the game went from pretty dead to booming in a month or two.
Bbbb

Postby Saphy » Fri May 26, 2017 3:45 pm

I think Venan missed their mark when they introduced all the different language chat channels. That is when there should have been marketing to the different countries that actually speak those languages. BOH was taking a dip at that time, more world-wide players at that time could have made a great impact. Instead...they had the "if you build it they will come" mentality and those chat channels just waste space. They still could do something like that, but I feel that Venan is just waiting for the game to fizzle out like their other endeavors.

That said, I do love BOH it is a fun game and I hope that more game content (ie PVP update) and story lines will be in the near future.

Hopefully yours,
Saphira
Saphy

Postby Gius » Wed May 31, 2017 12:43 pm

Time to make BOH open source :) I'm ready to help extending... and I can put my dating channel in myself...
Gius

Return to Discussions