Devs reading forum

Have something to say about Book of Heroes? Post it here!

Devs reading forum

Postby Bbbb » Wed May 03, 2017 10:11 am

Since Chem left late last year, Venan has posted once on 11/30/2016 to state that they were still maintaining the game. There has been no evidence that any Venan employee has even read the board since then. They didn't even announce the last three seasonal events on the forum.
Bbbb
 
Posts: 2099
Joined: Thu May 31, 2012 11:53 pm

Re: What does it mean to be "overpowered"? Backswing.

Postby WPWW » Wed May 03, 2017 2:11 pm

Awesome. I won't be purchasing anything with real money to a game that just milks its players without listening or addressing game imbalances anymore. How sad, because this game has a potential. Apparently it suffers from a lack of good management.
WPWW
 
Posts: 3
Joined: Thu Apr 27, 2017 7:54 pm

Re: What does it mean to be "overpowered"? Backswing.

Postby Illy_the_Red » Wed May 03, 2017 4:54 pm

Bbbb wrote:Since Chem left late last year, Venan has posted once on 11/30/2016 to state that they were still maintaining the game. There has been no evidence that any Venan employee has even read the board since then. They didn't even announce the last three seasonal events on the forum.


To be honest, we have no way to know if anyone has or hasn't read something, nor anything about Venan's HR situation.

Since player predictions about BoH over the years have declared T16, T18, T19 and now T20/21 to all have been the very definite absolute end of gear/gems and Champion, Guardian and current Guardian OS raids to be the definite absolute last raids...I don't think we know anything about what's going on.
Illy_the_Red
 
Posts: 1613
Joined: Wed Jan 02, 2013 8:49 pm

Re: What does it mean to be "overpowered"? Backswing.

Postby Bbbb » Thu May 04, 2017 9:19 am

Illy_the_Red wrote:To be honest, ... , nor anything about Venan's HR situation.


We do know that all the oldtimers except for Lord Venan and Dave are gone. The Dave confirmation I had is a few months old now but I'm sure he was still here through Lucky and may still be. There is no evidence that anyone was replaced as nothing gets updated anymore. You would have thought they would have taken down the dead link to the SMW forum from their web site...

The fact that SMW is still up and must be covering its server bills is a sign that BoH will continue to be up for a while. I watch the player numbers and the numbers seems stable. The amount of new players and quitting players seems to balance.
Bbbb
 
Posts: 2099
Joined: Thu May 31, 2012 11:53 pm

Lord Venan & Dave, together they fight crime

Postby Bj_Knows » Thu May 04, 2017 11:21 am

Bbbb wrote:
Illy_the_Red wrote:To be honest, ... , nor anything about Venan's HR situation.


We do know that all the oldtimers except for Lord Venan and Dave are gone. The Dave confirmation I had is a few months old now but I'm sure he was still here through Lucky and may still be.


Both Lord Venan and Dave have read the forums recently.
User avatar
Bj_Knows
Moderator
 
Posts: 2437
Joined: Fri Apr 06, 2012 5:13 am

Re: What does it mean to be "overpowered"? Backswing.

Postby InsertNameHere » Thu May 04, 2017 3:30 pm

Bbbb wrote:The fact that SMW is still up and must be covering its server bills is a sign that BoH will continue to be up for a while. I watch the player numbers and the numbers seems stable. The amount of new players and quitting players seems to balance.


I can't help but wonder whether there is enough revenue generation to be viable, longer term. I spend nothing, consider myself moderately active at best (crucially for this metric, I don't generally do Onslaught phases), and am usually in the top 30-60 weekly HS. I can't remember the last time I was outside 100. That suggests that any cash that is being spent comes from a very small number of players, and would be correspondingly limited.
New blood coming in is great, but players who don't spend don't pay the bills.
InsertNameHere
 
Posts: 59
Joined: Wed May 08, 2013 4:09 pm

Re: Lord Venan & Dave, together they fight crime

Postby Kîlldozer » Thu May 04, 2017 3:53 pm

.
Last edited by Kîlldozer on Fri May 12, 2017 12:56 am, edited 1 time in total.
Kîlldozer
 
Posts: 34
Joined: Tue Nov 04, 2014 8:25 pm

Re: What does it mean to be "overpowered"? Backswing.

Postby Illy_the_Red » Thu May 04, 2017 6:57 pm

Bbbb wrote:
Illy_the_Red wrote:To be honest, ... , nor anything about Venan's HR situation.


We do know that all the oldtimers except for Lord Venan and Dave are gone. The Dave confirmation I had is a few months old now but I'm sure he was still here through Lucky and may still be. There is no evidence that anyone was replaced as nothing gets updated anymore. You would have thought they would have taken down the dead link to the SMW forum from their web site...

The fact that SMW is still up and must be covering its server bills is a sign that BoH will continue to be up for a while. I watch the player numbers and the numbers seems stable. The amount of new players and quitting players seems to balance.


Those are just the two we know...if they had five staff, three, or 15 we wouldn't know. By what the mods have said, they see the devs about as often as we do these days.

SMW should've brought in loads considering a lot of players would've bought the offers at the start. Looked like a bigger revenue generator than the sigils in BoH. Which tbh is probably where a chunk of cash comes from in the game, coupled with those that still burn (there are more than people think).
Illy_the_Red
 
Posts: 1613
Joined: Wed Jan 02, 2013 8:49 pm

Re: Lord Venan & Dave, together they fight crime

Postby Illy_the_Red » Thu May 04, 2017 7:07 pm

Prowl wrote:Both Lord Venan and Dave have read the forums recently.


Well that makes it twice as bad then. If players are unhappy and you know it, but you still choose to be bullheaded and silent...there's a problem. It doesn't help that if you do speak up you get greeted with the delusional Venan defenders that defend something they love that doesn't love them back equally. It's like being in a relationship with someone where you give your time, your money, and your dedication in to it, but you barely get anything back.
I'm in the same boat as W. I refuse to give Venan anymore cash until the players get some 100% new content and Venan starts acting like they really care about their game. They can continue to be silent, but when you say nothing people will be left to assume. Most intelligent people know what happens when people assume...more often than not assumptions are wrong and it makes an @as-of-U and me...assume.
Boh is a great game, but it is really irritating when there are as many speed bumps as Venan can put up or get away with to slow down the game. Timers play a big part in Boh. So, we have caps on everything, unnecessary animations, lack of flux or essence, and little things here and there to slow a players progression down to keep all the players bunched up. It's like the game is set up to drag out as long as humanly possible while slowly bleeding players of real cash. If you look at it, Venan has to run Boh like this because they don't add new content on a regular basis to keep a players growth in sync with the rest of the game. This became worse when all we got for a new weapon was a reskinned t20 item instead of what we really needed. Why the heck is all the new gear t21, but when the players finally get the one piece of gear that they need it's one level lower. Just another lazy attempt at a uninspired poorly placed speed bump...thanks.
I'm pretty sure "The Happiness Patrol" will show up, but I don't really care anymore. I love Boh, but it is very irritating that the game I love is slowly running in to the ground and the one individual that can do something about it just sits silent and let's it happen. It's been 3 1/2 years if Boh loyalty...it would be nice if we could drop the crap and speed bumps and make Boh fun to play again.[/quote]

While I agree with most of this, I would say that it's incredibly easy to grow toons now. Getting to PM might is incredibly easy, and that's the third top raid. Questing isn't especially difficult and it's easy to get to level VI enchants. In comparison I remember it taking ages to go from CK might (around 3500 at the time) to Vallus (7600 at the time)...these days people grow that in tiny amounts of time.

Look at how many of the new class toons have been rushed to level 40 and between 50-70k+ might...even as a casual player all my new toons got to PM might without much fuss.

What I do think is artificial is the enchant situation from VII-IX. Unless you drop gs it's almost pointless doing, with double silver barely making a dent in the dozens of diamond gravers needed. I've started to hear that some people don't bother with VIII-IX level enchantments because the transfer costs simply aren't worth it. It's the BoH version of 'artificial difficulty' that early console games had. Make something really fricking hard to do and it extends it.
Illy_the_Red
 
Posts: 1613
Joined: Wed Jan 02, 2013 8:49 pm

Re: Devs reading forum

Postby Zero300 » Mon Jun 19, 2017 8:10 pm

I like to think that the devs are reading this forum and their silence meant that they are approving my fanfiction.
Zero300
 
Posts: 29
Joined: Sat Mar 11, 2017 1:05 am

Next

Return to Discussions

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 5 guests

cron