3 new classes - no info?

Have something to say about Book of Heroes? Post it here!

Re: 3 new classes - no info?

Postby Kenner » Wed Mar 15, 2017 6:38 pm

Inquisitor does very well in onslaught kfs. 18k might lvl 35 T20 sword results for me in 29-31 kills/10e. Its nowhere near the 53-57 my 88k en does but still its pretty decent imo. I have to admit using haste elixer affects inquisitor DPS significantly less because DoTs arent sped up.
Kenner

Postby Illy_the_Red » Thu Mar 16, 2017 9:58 am

Bbbb wrote:
Illy_the_Red wrote:The main issue with a 1H class/build will always be doing enough damage. I think the 1H inq is good for OS but it will never be as good as using the 2H. SWs get around the problem with Death Wish. The one thing inquisitors have going for them is high amounts of DoT ticks, and high damage from them. But with a 2H build those ticks will always do more damage. Having seen some of the RPP some people's inquisitors are doing (even at nowhere near 'high' mights), I think they'll be the best class at OS overall or near to it.

With 2H, my DoTs end up expiring a lot especially if they are resisted.

For OS, my experience to date is definitely WM>FK>Inq=SW>Just and forget the FW even exists.

That's true for the SW if they don't really know how to play them IMO. OS is fun and games for them, even these days in TSR with just pots it's great. With speed elixirs, it's even better. Just can't use melee.

The inq does have the risk of resists, and with 1H mine currently does very well (it's literally just keep the DoTs going). I just don't like 1H damage, and anything without Death Wish that uses 1H seems futile for me. Does Axe Mastery make up for the difference enough? Might change my mind when my new class toons get more might, currently my FK feels utterly meh.
Illy_the_Red

Postby Bbbb » Thu Mar 16, 2017 10:59 am

Illy_the_Red wrote:Might change my mind when my new class toons get more might, currently my FK feels utterly meh.

Oh man. FK is the best PvE of the new classes if you have it set up right. It needs a separate OS build though. The key to OS is to stack Chill (slow) and Hypo. Your enemy is at a huge speed disadvantage then and is taking DoT damage. Pile on Cold and your damage goes through the roof. You can often get a Bleed going as well but keeping that is my lowest priority.
Bbbb

Postby Illy_the_Red » Thu Mar 16, 2017 1:31 pm

Bbbb wrote:
Illy_the_Red wrote:Might change my mind when my new class toons get more might, currently my FK feels utterly meh.

Oh man. FK is the best PvE of the new classes if you have it set up right. It needs a separate OS build though. The key to OS is to stack Chill (slow) and Hypo. Your enemy is at a huge speed disadvantage then and is taking DoT damage. Pile on Cold and your damage goes through the roof. You can often get a Bleed going as well but keeping that is my lowest priority.

It's probably because I'm not at that point yet. Don't have the gems or even a separate build yet. I've used that approach in Karnak and it seems to take a while to set up. But I need more gems to make it worthwhile anyway.
Illy_the_Red

Previous

Return to Discussions