Open Letter to Lord Venan; Lucky event

Have something to say about Book of Heroes? Post it here!

Re: Open Letter to Lord Venan; Lucky event

Postby Fara » Wed Mar 22, 2017 8:26 pm

Thanks LV. A really great event in lots of ways. It was the right level of difficulty. It was a good length. Really nice lockbox rewards. If it weren't for the shop closing suddenly it would be perfect, in my opinion :)
Fara

Postby Kîlldozer » Wed Mar 22, 2017 8:49 pm

I'd agree with Paddy's post. Seeing as nobody knows how much e each of your 16 toons have to work with and nobody knows how active you are, it's hard to critique or help. The drops are low, but depending on your game plan for playing the event, your results will very. This event is a challenge, but what would players expect? Do they want a cake walk for every event? Atleast there is the possibility that you can score the gear you're looking for without burning or paying real cash if you are willing to put in the hits or work.
As soon as I seen your post it brought back not so fond memories of the old Halloween event. That event put players in a situation where it was burn, pay real cash, or just grab some items and wait until next year. It seemed like it didn't matter how hard you ran, you WILL be screwed. This event is hard, but if you hit it hard and hit it often you are able to get the gear you need. If you take it upon yourself to spread yourself thin by being dead set on running every single toon you have, well, change your approach, adapt to the event, or come up short...your choice. My words may rub some people the wrong way and my original plan was to run 24 toons, but after day one that plan was altered to focus on 3 toons. Now on the eve of the event end I was able to grab the purple skirt, the boots, and nine gems for each of my three main toons without paying real cash or using the Lucky box. I'm just messing around hitting the Lucky box tonight to get the achievements. The event is hard, but if you're active and on it, getting the gear you want is possible.
Kîlldozer

Postby Illy_the_Red » Thu Mar 23, 2017 4:13 am

Generally it's possible to get what you want (if you're after the gear). To get the gear and a few lucky gems is much tougher and dependent on RNG. This could be mitigated by adjusting the spawn rate or length of the event. Apart from that it's been pretty decent as events go. Would be great as a raid next time as a lot of problems with events disappeared once they transitioned to a raid format.

It can be tempting to compare new events to the old ones like Halloween where burning was compulsory if you wanted the best gear, but they are gone. It's more important to judge it in comparison to current events, and thankfully this one is now more in line with the others overall.
Illy_the_Red

Postby Bbbb » Thu Mar 23, 2017 9:14 am

Illy_the_Red wrote:Generally it's possible to get what you want (if you're after the gear). To get the gear and a few lucky gems is much tougher and dependent on RNG. This could be mitigated by adjusting the spawn rate or length of the event.

The spawn rate/length were acceptable - sure it would be nice to have more time. I had to eat into my e pot stockpile a little (not too bad) from the past two events, but I got the gear and 8 lucky gems on one toon. All my other toons I got all the gems I wanted.

However, I am hoping for a crappy weekend event. Need a break. Unfortunately, I think DV or Dbl Ess is next in the cycle.
Bbbb

Postby Illy_the_Red » Thu Mar 23, 2017 2:20 pm

Bbbb wrote:
Illy_the_Red wrote:Generally it's possible to get what you want (if you're after the gear). To get the gear and a few lucky gems is much tougher and dependent on RNG. This could be mitigated by adjusting the spawn rate or length of the event.

The spawn rate/length were acceptable - sure it would be nice to have more time. I had to eat into my e pot stockpile a little (not too bad) from the past two events, but I got the gear and 8 lucky gems on one toon. All my other toons I got all the gems I wanted.

However, I am hoping for a crappy weekend event. Need a break. Unfortunately, I think DV or Dbl Ess is next in the cycle.

I'm sure they were acceptable to some, not to everyone though. I can't see many getting more than 1-2 gems on top of gear without burning (or severely jammy lockboxing). Most people also won't have epot stockpiles (mine mostly go on events too and I had only a couple for this one).

Looks like weekend is Double Silver - no rest for the wicked!
Illy_the_Red

Postby Bbbb » Thu Mar 23, 2017 3:15 pm

Illy_the_Red wrote:Looks like weekend is Double Silver - no rest for the wicked!

I view Double Silver as better for the low level players. Even if I play a bunch, it's probably just a fraction of one diamond engraver. So this will be a well needed light weekend for me.

FYI: if I recall from the last Double Silver, the Fortune Elixir only adds to the base amount not the doubled amount. Don't know if that is a bug or intentional.
Bbbb

Postby Illy_the_Red » Thu Mar 23, 2017 6:48 pm

Bbbb wrote:
Illy_the_Red wrote:Looks like weekend is Double Silver - no rest for the wicked!

I view Double Silver as better for the low level players. Even if I play a bunch, it's probably just a fraction of one diamond engraver. So this will be a well needed light weekend for me.

FYI: if I recall from the last Double Silver, the Fortune Elixir only adds to the base amount not the doubled amount. Don't know if that is a bug or intentional.

I find it useful if (like me) you're chasing silver to get diamond gravers. There's been a lot of new equipment, and on the big toons that's pricey in terms of gravers (5 to craft the pirate ring didn't help).
Illy_the_Red

Postby Kenner » Thu Mar 23, 2017 7:34 pm

Last double silver weekend I profitted a lot, farmed 12 million in one weekend. The fortune elixer shows the wrong value but the actual ammount of silver gained is correct.
Kenner

Postby AmyLoo » Fri Mar 24, 2017 6:24 pm

Derrin has written a forums post regarding the fortune elixir payout. If you don't want to go read it I'll sum it up: you're getting paid the right amount, the issue is only with the display. Derrin explains all the math.
AmyLoo

Postby urbanpharmacy » Tue Jun 06, 2017 3:50 am

All I can say is fortuna would cry is she saw what y'all did to this event...
urbanpharmacy

Previous

Return to Discussions