Community Design Challenge!

Have something to say about Book of Heroes? Post it here!

Re: Community Design Challenge!

Postby Derp_looks_like_a_Lady » Fri Dec 09, 2016 7:25 am

Let me repeat this idea: what if, instead of coming up with new gear for seasonal events, we had prestige type gear but it actually enhanced the existing gear we already have? For example, you take a sword skin and apply it to your T19 axe and it becomes essentially a T20 or perhaps T21 weapon due to the bonuses.

It would save on the need for super expensive enchantment transfer costs and every toon of every level could use it on its existing gear... Plus it would allow for toons to continue to raid for valor to get normal gear. As it is, valor gear is becoming obsolete due to event gear, so why raid?
Derp_looks_like_a_Lady

Postby Derp_looks_like_a_Lady » Fri Dec 09, 2016 4:13 pm

Why not have a double marks and medals weekend at the Coliseum? Maybe then we could get a decent pool of players in the queue!

Hey, add to that double the rating increase and halve the loss decrease or no loss decrease!
Derp_looks_like_a_Lady

Postby Derp_looks_like_a_Lady » Wed Jan 04, 2017 9:46 am

T21 Chest Armor: Loud Holiday Sweater. It's an ugly holiday sweater featuring Abe and the Holiday Goblin (before he was all gloom and doom) frolicking in a winter scene. The "loud" part is that the sweater makes random obnoxious comments about players, npcs like Majerio... could it figure out player's guilds to diss them?

I figure the Devs have a year to get this one together. Cutting it too close? ;0)
Derp_looks_like_a_Lady

Postby Kenner » Thu Jan 12, 2017 2:46 pm

Idea for pvp:

Give the player the choice for Esch enemy attack to attempt a Dodge with your Dodge stat. A player can also choose to take the attack (very usefull when the opponent uses provoke)
Kenner

Postby Illy_the_Red » Sun Jan 15, 2017 8:29 am

Kenner wrote:Idea for pvp:

Give the player the choice for Esch enemy attack to attempt a Dodge with your Dodge stat. A player can also choose to take the attack (very usefull when the opponent uses provoke)

Couldn't they just fix provoke? It's an ability that isn't used how it was originally intended..
Illy_the_Red

Postby Kenner » Sun Jan 15, 2017 2:55 pm

Illy_the_Red wrote:
Kenner wrote:Idea for pvp:

Couldn't they just fix provoke? It's an ability that isn't used how it was originally intended..

True, give it NO block/Dodge like the stunts or maken it a spirit attack OR something.
Kenner

Postby Kenner » Tue Jan 24, 2017 4:35 pm

Okay got some new Ideas for some prestige abilities.

Last stand: give this skill a 100% chance to resist cleansing by radiant light or atleast first inflict damage and then remove last stand so that it leaves 1hp.

Safeguard: this skill will replace the regular defend (so also 0.5sec cooldown) and will give 60% damage reduction, 60% knockback, 25% stat resist, 25% block and 15% Dodge.

Provoke: this vile provoke plays with the victims mind. It deals 10% spirit damage and increases the cooldown on the next enemy skill that is used by 0.5 sec while reducing tour last used skill cooldown by 0.25 sec. This attack cannot be Dodged or blocked.

Gem boost abilities: give the gem boost abilities 15% bonus to gems, this Will make everyone happy for pve and it Will make Them a serious choice for pvp.
Kenner

Postby Illy_the_Red » Wed Jan 25, 2017 11:24 am

Kenner wrote:Okay got some new Ideas for some prestige abilities.

Last stand: give this skill a 100% chance to resist cleansing by radiant light or atleast first inflict damage and then remove last stand so that it leaves 1hp.

Safeguard: this skill will replace the regular defend (so also 0.5sec cooldown) and will give 60% damage reduction, 60% knockback, 25% stat resist, 25% block and 15% Dodge.

Provoke: this vile provoke plays with the victims mind. It deals 10% spirit damage and increases the cooldown on the next enemy skill that is used by 0.5 sec while reducing tour last used skill cooldown by 0.25 sec. This attack cannot be Dodged or blocked.

Gem boost abilities: give the gem boost abilities 15% bonus to gems, this Will make everyone happy for pve and it Will make Them a serious choice for pvp.

Sounds good to me. I still think Mojo is massively OP though. Cleansing and healing were two things that should never have been allowed near pvp (and originally weren't). RNG should be fixed by looking at the mechanics of abilities, not adding abilities that affect/negate whole builds. Thankfully the healing ability is so poor nobody seems to use it, but the cleansing one is so over the top virtually everyone does.
Illy_the_Red

Postby Gary_ » Wed Jan 25, 2017 7:07 pm

Personally, I'd rather see Last Stand and Provoke deleted all together (and I'm currently Melee Justy). There are many abilities that need to be looked at, but these two are ridiculous. Again, just my opinion.
Oh! And I totally agree with the gem boost being +15%.
Gary_

Postby Kenner » Thu Jan 26, 2017 3:38 am

What if last stand works like that mystery potion, after the duration you automatically die
Kenner

PreviousNext

Return to Discussions