Valentine Event shop

Have something to say about Book of Heroes? Post it here!

Valentine Event shop

Postby DreamingDæmon » Sat Mar 07, 2015 6:36 am

I know there was another topic that touched on this, but I'm on cellphone so haven't a prayer of finding it...

At 1030 server today (Saturday 7th March), the Valentine event shop showed 1d remaining, implying 24-48hrs left of the event. This would indicate that the shop will close within a few hours at most of the last Tragick spawn.

Could we get a confirmation in advance as to when the store closes? I recall with a shudder past events where the event store closed as the final spawn did, leaving people with a bagful of event currency they couldn't use, and then lost.
DreamingDæmon

Re: Valentine Event shop

Postby Dawn_ » Sun Mar 08, 2015 3:13 am

It's 07:15ish now and the store says it closes in 23 hours so I guess it shuts at 07:00 server Monday
Dawn_

Postby Sparklefarkle » Sun Mar 08, 2015 4:20 am

That's the question. Does the shop close just as last spawn begins? I must be misunderstanding something......
Sparklefarkle

Postby DreamingDæmon » Sun Mar 08, 2015 4:55 am

NoMoreDailies_forGemDD wrote:That's the question. Does the shop close just as last spawn begins? I must be misunderstanding something......

Event ends at 0700 Monday, so it's generally believed that the last Tragick spawn will be 0330. The spawn "due" at 0700 won't occur due to event end.

So it looks as though (based on Dawn's comment about shop timer above, I've not logged in yet today and seen) that the final spawn is 0330-0400 and the shop closes 0700.
IMO, 3 hrs after final spawn is not a big enough window, and people are gonna get caught out.

Oh, and for the record, I had my T19 weapons last Monday - I'm thinking about people who are close to the wire for t19s or Eyes and/or planning on lockboxing a stash here.
DreamingDæmon

Postby CheMClarc » Sun Mar 08, 2015 8:34 pm

The shop will close on 3/9 at 2am EDT / 6am GMT (06:00 server time) at the end of the event. We did not incorporate a 24 hour buffer of the shop being open for 24 hours after the event ends. Please be aware of the closing time and spend your candy hearts asap.
Michael aka "CheMClarc"
Associate Producer
Like BoH on Facebook! http://facebook.com/bookofheroes
Follow BoH on Twitter! http://twitter.com/bookofheroes
CheMClarc

Postby Fluffster » Mon Mar 09, 2015 4:36 am

The shop closed at 07:00 server time. There seems to be multiple irregularities of times of updates and event times recently. Maybe blame Daylight Saving Time in US for the confusion...?
Fluffster

Postby Illy_the_Red » Mon Mar 09, 2015 5:44 am

Fluffster wrote:The shop closed at 07:00 server time. There seems to be multiple irregularities of times of updates and event times recently. Maybe blame Daylight Saving Time in US for the confusion...?

Happens a lot. Don't know why they don't just have the shop open for 24hrs after every event as standard, because some people always get caught out.
Illy_the_Red

Postby DreamingDæmon » Mon Mar 09, 2015 9:30 am

Ilyana wrote:
Fluffster wrote:The shop closed at 07:00 server time. There seems to be multiple irregularities of times of updates and event times recently. Maybe blame Daylight Saving Time in US for the confusion...?

Happens a lot. Don't know why they don't just have the shop open for 24hrs after every event as standard, because some people always get caught out.

Ily....

*drumroll*

I agree with you wholeheartedly!

The thing with event shops that drives me mad, and I'm sure that in this instance it's not just my nitpicking, is the inconsistency between events. Sometimes it's 24hrs. Sometimes it's 5. Sometimes it's 3.5. Sometimes it's 0. The timer in the shop is useful, to be fair, but even so, a standard of event closes, shop closes 24hrs later would be top banana.

If nothing else a few more people might waver and spend GS for that "must-have" item, right?
DreamingDæmon

Postby CheMClarc » Mon Mar 09, 2015 11:18 am

We usually do have the event shop open for an extra day to avoid last minute buyers being left out but the new event planner did not incorporate that when we implemented it. It was my error on the new feed about the ending time due to daylight savings adjustment. I thought that I had fixed the mistake earlier in the week. We will make sure that upcoming events do have a buffer time but this event shop has closed.
Michael aka "CheMClarc"
Associate Producer
Like BoH on Facebook! http://facebook.com/bookofheroes
Follow BoH on Twitter! http://twitter.com/bookofheroes
CheMClarc

Postby Sigèé » Tue Mar 10, 2015 11:59 am

DreamingDæmon wrote:... leaving people with a bagful of event currency they couldn't use, and then lost.

I don't believe it's lost! In my experience it will be there again next year :-)
Sigèé

Next

Return to Discussions