War Mage Builds

Have something to say about Book of Heroes? Post it here!

Re: War Mage Builds

Postby Bbbb » Thu Feb 19, 2015 10:35 am

Nissim wrote:Thank you so much for the builds. Is it possible to post a war mage pvp build as well. Thanks again

I don't PVP so can't help you there. Hopefully, one of the good PVP mage players will post.

In case nobody posts, I do know you need to flip everything I said about gems. Max your health and resist. Also, I know that Snapcast, Icy Grasp and Ice Armor are must have abilities. Beyond that, your guess is as good as mine. :D
Bbbb

Postby Jumper » Thu Feb 19, 2015 12:46 pm

The pvp build is a crap shoot. I've done well with insane crit build, with incinerate build, with ice lance build, with resist build, with whatever. Trial and error....
Jumper

Helping your Guildmates with PvP

Postby Bj_Knows » Thu Feb 19, 2015 6:21 pm

Nissim wrote:Thank you so much for the builds. Is it possible to post a war mage pvp build as well.

As your character grows, your Build changes. I usually drop Inner Focus after I get 5 Magic Gems, and Weapon Focus when I get 5 Melee Gems (Note 1). War Mage Cassidy started out with Incinerate 3, but dropped it once opponents started getting Time Void. Cassidy had Fiery Lash 1, but dropped it once opponents started getting Juggernaut. Cassidy had Ignite 1, but dropped it once opponent's started surviving her Snap Cast+ Ice Lance.

An excellent way to test, and find, new PvP Builds is with a Guild specializing in PvP (Note 2).

Note 1)
https://www.venan.com/boh_forum/viewtopic.php?f=13&t=6380

Note 2)
Bj_Knows wrote:Q: How can I increase my PvP Skills.
A: PvP Challenges versus Guild mates are an excellent way to test initial cool downs, combos, tactic and counter- tactics, letting you get the maximum PvP Rating you can.

Q: What should I Enchant first?
A: It depends on your play style. Find a PvP Guild with a similar play style, and find out what Enchants they use.
https://www.venan.com/boh_forum/viewtopic.php?f=24&t=7449
Volunteer- donating BLOOD to Red Cross, SWEAT to Forums.

Bj_Knows

AKA
GM= Things Guilds Were Not Meant to Know
Bj_DWR
BjKnows
Gryphonknight= Ingress, Pokemon, Empires & Puzzles (& Miikeeyy)
CEO of Bee jay Industries
Bj_the_SPOON
BjofCJandBj
Bj_Knows

Re: Helping your Guildmates with PvP

Postby Bbbb » Thu Feb 19, 2015 6:49 pm

Bj_Knows wrote:As your character grows, your Build changes. I usually drop Inner Focus after I get 5 Magic Gems, and Weapon Focus when I get 5 Melee Gems (Note 1).

I've explained this in past thread you've tried this advice. ALWAYS take these abilities. They are like a mini-power elixir. With my 62K might justie, my max cleave (PvE but doesn't matter) damage was 13051 without and 13563 with. It's about a 4% damage boost. In other words, 4 levels of 1/2H enchant. With 35 points, you are going to be hard pressed to find a better spot to spend those last 3 points. Note: I ran that analysis with justie, but I expect the results to be the same on mage. I'd definitely rather a 4% all the time boost over up to 9% fracture boost that you never get to the max except during OS.

An excellent way to test, and find, new PvP Builds is with a Guild specializing in PvP (Note 2).

From what I've seen, the "PVP" guilds don't have any special knowledge. It's just that some of them have their talented players throw matches to people who are not as talented to boost ratings.
Bbbb

Postby Jumper » Tue Mar 03, 2015 5:00 pm

OK so I've had many request for my pvp build so here it goes. I think enchants and gems are pretty key for pvp build but here are my abilities. (note this is a build I just threw together yesterday and has been moderately successful). Also this is NOT the build I used to get number one spot in pvp but a varian of.

The critical features are: shards, grasp, lash, staff mastery, balst, both ice and fire mastery, snapcast 1.

Non critical:

incinerate (can change to lance or magma)
fracture, spike, arcane and ignite you can shift points around between them
If you don't use many magic gems, use focus 0
I've has success with void and without

anyways.... I always play with my build/gems. It is not a constant.
Jumper

Postby Kenner » Wed Mar 04, 2015 5:17 am

Bbbb wrote:Onslaught Build

Haste Elixir makes a huge difference. Power Elixir is helpful.

When you are high enough might, shard, fire blast (when burning active), and lash all one hit kill. The main rotation is to just rotate those three - if multiple are available, the lowest cast time is recommended. That rotation almost always keeps both fractures going. The DOT will also OHK. Use incinerate off of snapcast when available. Keep spirit runes active. Also, keep Magma active. Finally, I use icy grasp if there is a tiny bit of health left as it has a quick cast time (it is NOT for freezing).

Note for lower might, if shard and lash are not one hit killing for you, mix incinerate into your rotation and only use lash to keep burning going.

Keep an eye on health, but you'll discover it is never really an issue. If I see health below 3600, I pop a powerful health pot.

great build I have been using the exact same except i got my points in snap cast instead of ignite as I can keep him burning easily with lash only. Now that I got t19 I will finally be able to OHK with burn damage and lash cant wait to try it :)
Kenner

Postby Jumper » Wed Mar 04, 2015 11:03 am

Kenner wrote:
Bbbb wrote:Onslaught Build

Haste Elixir makes a huge difference. Power Elixir is helpful.

When you are high enough might, shard, fire blast (when burning active), and lash all one hit kill. The main rotation is to just rotate those three - if multiple are available, the lowest cast time is recommended. That rotation almost always keeps both fractures going. The DOT will also OHK. Use incinerate off of snapcast when available. Keep spirit runes active. Also, keep Magma active. Finally, I use icy grasp if there is a tiny bit of health left as it has a quick cast time (it is NOT for freezing).

Note for lower might, if shard and lash are not one hit killing for you, mix incinerate into your rotation and only use lash to keep burning going.

Keep an eye on health, but you'll discover it is never really an issue. If I see health below 3600, I pop a powerful health pot.

great build I have been using the exact same except i got my points in snap cast instead of ignite as I can keep him burning easily with lash only. Now that I got t19 I will finally be able to OHK with burn damage and lash cant wait to try it :)

do you ever get 2 snapcasts per game?
Jumper

Postby Bbbb » Wed Mar 04, 2015 12:12 pm

Kenner wrote:great build I have been using the exact same except i got my points in snap cast instead of ignite as I can keep him burning easily with lash only. Now that I got t19 I will finally be able to OHK with burn damage and lash cant wait to try it :)

For onslaught, all the extra snapcast points do is give you more freedom of when you snapcast. You do not get an extra snapcast unfortunately. I prefer the Ignite points for LoB P3 where you get resisted a lot.

I know Jumper and I were already OHK with burn damage. :D
Bbbb

Postby goblinbird » Tue Mar 31, 2015 12:44 pm

Hi~ noob here, I'm inquisitive about hero training/points for the war mage. I went and built the same character twice, the first I'm only training up magic, the other I'm spreading between haste and crits and crit power, but I'm not seeing a huge difference- does anyone have any recommendations? What do you think would work better for pvp vs pve and vice versa?

Djibbi
goblinbird

Postby Jumper » Tue Mar 31, 2015 2:45 pm

I recommend you spread points evenly between magic, crit, haste, crit power for PvE. If you want PvP too then you need some resists and dodge as well. DON"T PUT INTO MELEE!
Jumper

PreviousNext

Return to Discussions