Luck Enchant r1 & r5, Updated

Have something to say about Book of Heroes? Post it here!

Re: Luck Enchant

Postby Illy_the_Red » Wed Jan 21, 2015 8:20 am

Bj_Knows wrote:
DjCleric wrote:However, the ROI from the thread that BJ quoted is still valid and players get their ROI fairly quickly when bonus loot ticks in PM P2 & P3.

Empowering from Luck Rank 3 to 4 Requires 100 Refined Essence, but only increases your Luck by 0.005, so you have to Farm 20,000 Refined Essence to break even (or Empowering 23 Enchants from Rank 3 to Rank 6).

Empowering from Luck Rank 6 to 7 Requires 100 Pure Essence, but only increases your Luck by 0.005, so you have to Farm 20,000 Pure Essence to break even (or Empowering 23 Enchants from Rank 6 to Rank 9).

If you are only doing it for Essence, it is not the best deal. This ROI does not apply to Cia, with 18 Rank 9 Enchants, and nothing to spend Essence on.

Even with only rank III/IV enchants I get Bonus Loot drops a LOT. For example the number of Bonus Loot holiday goblin drops that included multiple energy potions made a huge difference. Probably the difference between getting 60 pots and the 90 I ended up with by the end.

It's worth it for essence too. It's already been explained how many regular and refined just a single pure essence drop is worth, and anything that increases that drop rate is vital, particularly for those unable to burn PE-dropping phases (like P3 of PM).

It's def worth getting them to VI for a 9% luck boost (as the enchant describes it). I would strongly advise any SW to enchant luck if they are melee or magic focused and doubly so for a casual player.
Illy_the_Red

Re: Luck Enchant r1 & r5, Updated

Postby Bj_Knows » Fri Jan 23, 2015 2:59 pm

Due to feedback from Friends List, the First Post has been moved to Second Post, and the First Post has been updated.
Bj_Knows

Re: Luck Enchant

Postby Jumper » Fri Jan 23, 2015 4:39 pm

The_Simpsons wrote:Luck is better i think escpically if you only play one style ie: fire on a wm then what else are you going to put on the other slot? Healing Bonus?

In the old onslaught days, having both fire and ice made the predicament interesting for WM (higher rpp per 10e or rely on luck). Once we could one shot shards without ice enchant obviously luck became the clear winner. As for justies and SW, they were pretty much just physical, so luck is obviously the easy choice for the second enchant.

As for the current raid style, it's unquestionable that luck is better than any of the elemental enchants, because as B4 says, a luck drop is much faster (and free might I add) compared to a kill.

I really hope they bring onslaught back so we can think about builds again instead of all this brainless button mashing :(
Jumper

Postby Bbbb » Fri Jan 23, 2015 5:17 pm

Jumper, you oversimplified the SW situation. For some situations, melee is better and others magic. I have seen all the following specs by players I highly respect:

Nature+Luck - downside single bosses and OS score
Physical+Luck - downside mobs
Nature+Physical - downside no luck drops
one set Nature+Luck and another Physical+Luck - downside having two sets of Luck

The last two have the added penalty of needing to buy more gems.

For PvE, Mages can easily go Fire+Luck and Justies Physical+Luck and ignore Ice and Spirit. Those are more useful for PvP.
Bbbb

Postby Jumper » Fri Jan 23, 2015 5:46 pm

Bbbb wrote:Jumper, you oversimplified the SW situation. For some situations, melee is better and others magic. .

I forgot..... idc about sw ;p
Jumper

Postby DjCleric » Wed Jan 28, 2015 6:08 pm

Bbbb wrote:Physical+Luck - downside mobs

This downside is easily overcomed by learning Assassinate and just use regular attack.
Works well, but may be just a tiny bit slower than a 100% poison SW.
DjCleric

Postby Illy_the_Red » Wed Jan 28, 2015 7:33 pm

DjCleric wrote:
Bbbb wrote:Physical+Luck - downside mobs

This downside is easily overcomed by learning Assassinate and just use regular attack.
Works well, but may be just a tiny bit slower than a 100% poison SW.

Definitely works very well.
Illy_the_Red

Postby dragondreamer » Thu Mar 05, 2015 4:59 pm

Seasonal bosses definitely DO drop bonus (double) loot.
Holigob and Tragick anyway. I can't remember whether previous ones did.
dragondreamer

Postby Sim0n » Thu Mar 05, 2015 11:55 pm

dragondreamer wrote:Seasonal bosses definitely DO drop bonus (double) loot.
Holigob and Tragick anyway. I can't remember whether previous ones did.

They both drop bonus loot. However, Holigob didn't drop double red ornaments even with bonus loot while Tragick can drop two hearts.
Sim0n

Previous

Return to Discussions