Luck Enchant r1 & r5, Updated

Have something to say about Book of Heroes? Post it here!

Luck Enchant r1 & r5, Updated

Postby Bj_Knows » Sun Jan 18, 2015 7:26 pm

Subject
Luck Enchant, Rank 1 & Rank 5, Updated

Q: I want to get the Luck Enchant, at what Rank should I get it?

A: That is a very complex question. It depends on how you play BoH.

Lower level characters get extra Loot Drops during some Seasonal Events. Ex: Energy Potions during HoliGob, Shards during TVal, Food during Were Chef, Candy Corn during Halloween Undead Invasion. But no extra Loot Drops for other Seasonal Events. Ex: LuckyF and TLaPD are Raid based so you don’t really get an advantage from Luck Enchant.

Note: Seasonal Events no longer drop extra Boss Tokens (Red Ornaments, Candy Hearts, Silverware, etc.) Those are currently 1 Boss Token per Boss kill.

Farming Emperor’s Court Dungeon or Crypt of Corruption for silver coin gets extra silver coin Loot Drops. Plus you can sell any extra Healing Potions, Minor/ Major Runes from Bonus Loot. GS Loot Drops are Energy Based, so Onslaught does not help, but Luck Enchant should.

Farming Gem Shards and Whole Gems get extra Loot Drops. You only need 1,500 Tier 4 Shards for Karnak’s Ring, so depending on how much of a hurry you are in it may, or may not, make a difference. I don’t know if it affects Keeper Shards or Impure Shadows. Venan may add other desirable PvE Loot Drops in the future that are affected by Luck Enchant.

Using GS to buy a Transfer Plate, Luck rank 3, from the Black Market may be worth it, for cash players, since the Black Market only sells so much Essence, and Flux, per week.

Bj_Knows wrote:Rank 1 & Rank 5 Luck
If you are positive you are going to Enchant 18+ Slots to Rank 6, three items with Rank 1 Luck (total 1.5%), has a very positive ROI. If you are going to Enchant 18+ Slots to Rank 9, three items with Rank 5 Luck (total 7.5%), has a very positive ROI.
https://www.venan.com/boh_forum/viewtopic.php?f=13&t=7429
Last edited by Bj_Knows on Fri Jan 23, 2015 2:57 pm, edited 6 times in total.
Reason: New URL, GS Loot Drops
Volunteer- donating BLOOD to Red Cross, SWEAT to Forums.

Bj_Knows

AKA
GM= Things Guilds Were Not Meant to Know
Bj_DWR
BjKnows
Gryphonknight= Ingress, Pokemon, Empires & Puzzles (& Miikeeyy)
CEO of Bee jay Industries
Bj_the_SPOON
BjofCJandBj
Bj_Knows

Luck Enchant, Regen Enchant, Max Tier Valor

Postby Bj_Knows » Sun Jan 18, 2015 7:26 pm

Subject
Luck Enchant, Regen Enchant, Max Tier Valor

See First Post for current answer.

Originally, In the First Post, Bj_Knows wrote:Subject
Luck Enchant

Q: Did you ever do a luck recipe post? I'm just curious as to the benefits as I have a spare slot for magic enchants.

A: I am not sure what you are asking. But this URL compares Luck & Energy Regen Enchants:
https://www.venan.com/boh_forum/viewtopic.php?f=13&t=3957

Q: I prefer Luck, but is it even worth it?

A: Depends on how you play BoH.
. . .

Q: I’m a high level player.

A: For characters running Max Tier Valor Raids (currently CV & PM), and increasing their Luck Enhants, this applies:

( Edit: A more recent examination is found here:
https://www.venan.com/boh_forum/viewtopic.php?f=13&t=7429 )
or
https://www.venan.com/boh_forum/viewtopic.php?f=13&t=2302

You can also Disenchant your Luck Enchant when you start running Max Tier Valor Raids.

MY PERSONAL OPINION
If Luck Enchant, or Energy Regen Enchant, increased the amount of Medals or Marks you got in PvP, they might be worth it for more high Level characters.

I also think Boss Tokens should be affected. It confuses new players, and players who don’t read the Forums, when they get Bonus Loot but no extra Boss Token. Given how much Luck Enchants cost in Materials, a few extra Boss Tokens in Bonus Loot is fair to Venan and players.
Last edited by Bj_Knows on Fri Jan 23, 2015 2:55 pm, edited 5 times in total.
Reason: New URL, GS Loot Drops
Bj_Knows

Re: Luck Enchant

Postby DreamingDæmon » Sun Jan 18, 2015 7:47 pm

Bj_Knows wrote:Subject
Luck Enchant
I don’t know if it affects Keeper Shards

Yes it does. A bonus loot result when fighting a Keeper drops an extra quest shard. I had that happen a few times* when farming with a melee Justi running high Luck enchants.

*An "air punch" moment. Which can be awkward on a train.
DreamingDæmon

Postby Mr_Op » Sun Jan 18, 2015 8:39 pm

My thoughts- Luck Enchant is used by several high might players. I honestly believe it is benefical later in game escpically if you arent hybrid. I know its a great feeling getting a 4pure essence bonus drop
Mr_Op

Postby Bbbb » Mon Jan 19, 2015 10:23 am

Bj_Knows wrote:Q: I’m a high level player.

A: For characters running Max Tier Valor Raids (currently CV & PM), and increasing their Luck Enhants, this applies:

Please don't dig up an old thread that is hopelessly out of date that will mislead people. If you are reading this, DO NOT read that thread. It has no bearing on the current game.

You can also Disenchant your Luck Enchant when you start running Max Tier Valor Raids.

Bad advice. Luck becomes even more important then.

MY PERSONAL OPINION
If Luck Enchant, or Energy Regen Enchant, increased the amount of Medals or Marks you got in PvP, they might be worth it for more high Level characters.

It's your opinion. I happen to disagree completely. Since T18 came out, Luck is the single most important enchant if you are attempting to max your character and should be the first enchant you max. The extra essence will save you time in getting to max. Even if you are not maxing and just looking for optimal toon performance, you should be running at least level 6 luck on your PvE set if you are high level. The ROI of level 7 is debatable. From a pure ROI point of view, level 8 and 9 are not good investments, but then again, NO level 8 and 9 enchants are truly a good investment for PvE when you look at it that way.
Bbbb

Postby john12345 » Mon Jan 19, 2015 1:46 pm

I got extra keeper shard with lucky bonus loot roll
Impure Shadows affected as well
john12345

Postby Jumper » Mon Jan 19, 2015 3:21 pm

Bbbb wrote:
Bj_Knows wrote: Since T18 came out, Luck is the single most important enchant if you are attempting to max your character and should be the first enchant you max.

idk,...... I loooooove my physical damage enchant on my mage
Jumper

Postby DjCleric » Tue Jan 20, 2015 4:39 pm

Bbbb wrote:
Bj_Knows wrote:Q: I’m a high level player.

Please don't dig up an old thread that is hopelessly out of date that will mislead people. If you are reading this, DO NOT read that thread. It has no bearing on the current game.

If I remember correctly, that thread existed before Ver. 2.1.0 (viewtopic.php?f=10&t=6440).
Luck is still the best enchantment in the long run. Since the beginning that update, I have told my guildies to keep luck enchantments as the essence farming for level 7 and above enchantments are really a grind.
However, the ROI from the thread that BJ quoted is still valid and players get their ROI fairly quickly when bonus loot ticks in PM P2 & P3.

Bad advice. Luck becomes even more important then.

Yes it's VERY bad advice. Getting every RE is equivalent to 10 essence and getting every PE is as good as getting 100 essence + saving 5 minutes and 55 minutes of crafting time respectively for every bonus loot.

MY PERSONAL OPINION

[/quote]

I strongly believe that the Luck Enchant only increases our MMR for PvP while the Energy Regen Enchant increases our MMR and decreases the time needed for your toon to regen. Since our might is factored into the MMR. Both enchants doesn't really constitute directly on the amount of Medals or Marks you get in PvP as PvP still boils down to Chess (BoH Ver.)
DjCleric

Postby Bj_Knows » Tue Jan 20, 2015 6:43 pm

DjCleric wrote:However, the ROI from the thread that BJ quoted is still valid and players get their ROI fairly quickly when bonus loot ticks in PM P2 & P3.

Empowering from Luck Rank 3 to 4 Requires 100 Refined Essence, but only increases your Luck by 0.005, so you have to Farm 20,000 Refined Essence to break even (or Empowering 23 Enchants from Rank 3 to Rank 6).

Empowering from Luck Rank 6 to 7 Requires 100 Pure Essence, but only increases your Luck by 0.005, so you have to Farm 20,000 Pure Essence to break even (or Empowering 23 Enchants from Rank 6 to Rank 9).

If you are only doing it for Essence, it is not the best deal. This ROI does not apply to Cia, with 18 Rank 9 Enchants, and nothing to spend Essence on.
Bj_Knows

Postby Mr_Op » Tue Jan 20, 2015 7:05 pm

Luck is better i think escpically if you only play one style ie: fire on a wm then what else are you going to put on the other slot? Healing Bonus?
Mr_Op

Next

Return to Discussions