Min Gems or Geometric Diminishing Returns (R=Exp+)

Have something to say about Book of Heroes? Post it here!

Re: Min Gems or Geometric Diminishing Returns (R=Exp+)

Postby Grnm » Mon Jan 26, 2015 1:52 pm

EricM wrote:.. Also leads into the whole issue of unopposed damage. By increasing damage dealt via pvp gear sets, rather than providing an advantage in pvp, it provides the opposite once the opposition all gains pvp gear sets as well. With an increase in pure damage without a corresponding increase in defense, all pvp gear serves to do is increase the luck factor of pvp matches.

Or to speak in bj language... :lol: :lol: :lol:

When players all do X cumulative amount of damage with Y amount of defense mitigation (from 0 to 1) and Z amount of health, it roughly takes Z/(1-Y) damage to kill that player. When X is increased by 20% with a full gear set, it now takes 0.83Z/(1-Y) damage to kill that player. As single hit damage (X') increases towards Z, matches skew towards classes with the largest damage output in early rounds... aka the class that can land the first stun is placed at an enormous advantage as damage increases unopposed... whether that be WMs with the quickest cast time stun or justis with jugg and then stun.

Man... bj... idk how you do this. It's hard writing confusing posts :p

Mmmm.. Different types of Pvp gear? + to Def? Haha..
Grnm

Re: Portals, Gems & Helm

Postby Bj_Knows » Wed Jan 28, 2015 12:58 pm

Bj_Knows wrote:Now that Lean WM Cassidy has 42 Energy Bar, she is living in Portals. I keep doing Indigo by habit, but I need to hit some Amber for 2H Damage and Initiative.

I got tired of PvP opponents with Tier 12 Coliseum Weapons, so I Enchanted Lean WM Cassidy's Helm/ Gauntlet/ Staff and Cloak/ Amulet/ Ring. She now has 2H Damage 9%, Fire Damage 9%, and Ice 6% in addition to her Initiative 3%.

She is saving 5 of each Flux for "What the Flux?" Quest, 20 Refined Essence and 300 Essence for "Essence of Vile Gate" Quest.

Enchant Affects
Using Flaming Pyre rank 1 (Fire 100%)and Ice Storm rank 3 (Ice 100%), it appears 2H Damage 9% + Fire Damage 9%= +18% to Damage or 118% Damage. 2H Damage 9% + Ice Damage 6%= +15% or 115% Damage. I wonder if Coliseum Gear just increases it to +38% & +35% or multiplies for 141.6% and 138%
Last edited by Bj_Knows on Wed Jan 28, 2015 1:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Enchant Affects
Bj_Knows

Re: Portals, Gems & Helm

Postby Bj_Knows » Wed Jan 28, 2015 6:50 pm

Bj_Knows wrote:Enchant Affects
Using Flaming Pyre rank 1 (Fire 100%)and Ice Storm rank 3 (Ice 100%), it appears 2H Damage 9% + Fire Damage 9%= +18% to Damage or 118% Damage. 2H Damage 9% + Ice Damage 6%= +15% or 115% Damage. I wonder if Coliseum Gear just increases it to +38% & +35% or multiplies for 141.6% and 138%

Bought a Tier 12 Coliseum Amulet to test this. VS Player and VS Monster act just like 1H Damage or 2H Damage Bonus. So Cassidy's 2H Damage +9%, Fire +9%, +1% VS Player, -2% VS Monster becomes +19% Fire VS Player and +16% Fire VS Monster. Cassidy's 2H Damage +9%, Ice +6%, +1% VS Player, -2% VS Monster becomes +16% Ice VS Player and +13% Ice VS Monster.
Bj_Knows

Hunting Potion Elites

Postby Bj_Knows » Thu Jan 29, 2015 11:23 am

Subject
Hunting Potion Elites

Bj_Knows wrote:Cassidy has a *huge* advantage over Shadow Walkers and Justicars. Unlike a Melee Justicar/ Shadow Walker switching to a Magic Justicar/ Shadow Walker or a Melee & Magic Justicar/ Shadow Walker, she can keep her Gems (all Tier 6 Magic, no Melee) and reset her Ability Set to switch from Fire Mage to Ice Mage to Fire & Ice Mage to Ice & Fire Mage (used to be 5 GS, now free).

Cassidy is currently hunting Potion Elites in Dunia's Meadow, and Heart of Ebian. Shadow Walkers are at a huge disadvantage hunting Potion Elites. A lot of their Ability Set draws out the combat (Quickness rank 3, Caltrops rank 3, Poison Cloud rank 3, Sticky Grenade rank 3, Acid Spray rank 3, Smoke Bomb rank 3, Off Hand Dagger is 0.0 Speed, Off Hand Dagger + Corrosive Blades rank 3p, etc.). Where War Mages and Justicars get 2h Weapons which do a lot of damage per hit (Weapon Damage + [ Weapon Speed * Bonus Damage from Gems ] ). So a lot of Shadow Walker's best abilities are *hindered* by Elixir of Speed, the most unbalanced item in BoH. While 2h Weapons of War Mage and Justicars are greatly improved with Elixir of Speed (Note 1).

But Cassidy does not even need the Elixir of Speed.

Cassidy is so fast, her normal PvP Rotation was 1.99s, 0.01s too fast to use Snap Cast. To fix it, I took out a Tier 3 Haste Gem so the rotation is now 2.03s, Giving her opponent 0.03s to respond to Cassidy's incoming Snap Cast+ Incinerate rank 3 (if they don't Defend) or Snap Cast+ Ignite rank 3p+ Fiery Lash rank 1+ 0.52s Frozen Shard rank 3 (if they do Defend) or Snap Cast + Ignite rank 3p+ Fiery Last rank 1+ Fire Blast rank 3+ 0.5s Defend (if they do Defend and still have a Snap Cast).

While Hunting Potion Elites she is running full Haste Gems, and it shows. This is the easiest I have ever run a character while hunting Potion Elites. CJ said it was the same with Tessa, her Haste Monster.

Further helping a War Mage hunting Potion Elites, any Loot Drops including Minor Runes are more powerful for Cassidy than for a Melee Shadow Walker/ Justicar. Rune damage is small (less than 100 pts), so most Rune Direct Damage is ( Weapon Speed * Magic Bonus ). Off Hand Dagger is 0.0 Speed, but a Staff is 1.3 Speed. While most Justicars run Melee Gems.

Note 1)
One short term fix would be an Elixir that increases Base Damage, Crit Percentage and Crit Power Percentage, but *only* for Periodic Damage.

I have made a more complex, and difficult suggestion before:
https://www.venan.com/boh_forum/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=5127

The problem of Shadow Walkers is also hurt by the vast difference between Monster Defense/ Health and Player Defense/ Health, one lucky Monster hit can take out the Shadow Walker. This is most vividly illustrated by the need to multiple PvE Health to get PvP Health.
Bj_Knows

Leveling too fast

Postby Bj_Knows » Sun Feb 01, 2015 11:40 am

Subject
Leveling too fast

As CJ says, Double Essence Weekend is ruining our together time [ currently she is playing Ingress by Google [edit: she wants to know where her Armored Bunny Slippers are ;-) ]. Additonally, Lean WM Cassidy is leveling too fast due to Incursion Portals and PvP. But Cassidy needs the Essences for Enchants, and the Marks for Enchant Recipes.

By the way, Magma Jet rank 3 is aweSPOON.

Looks like Arcane Transfer is same (10 GS) for Enchants Rank 3 and Enchants Rank 4. So Cassidy will be stopping all her Enchants at Rank 4, instead of the planned 3. She will be Enchanting three items to Luck Rank 3 after she gets all her Combat Enchants to Rank 3, or she reaches Level Cap, whichever comes first. Then, after getting Luck to Rank 3 and all her Combat Enchants to Rank 4, she will empower Luck to Rank 4.

Level 27 Cassidy currently has:

Enchanting or Empowering: 31
Crafting: 2

Monster Kills: 6,367
Vile Invader Kills: 3,287 (Portals are very, very Grindy)
Undead Kills: 927
Beast Kills: 632
Goblin Kills: 536
Rath’een Kills: 433
Bandit Kills: 321
Pirate Kills: 0

Reach Silver I: 4/6
PvP Wins: 264

Wardrobe: 26
Quests: 160
Daily Bounties: 15

Raids: 13
Top 3 in Raids: 3

Dungeons: None Completed
Seasonal: None Completed
Bj_Knows

Re: Leveling too fast

Postby Bj_Knows » Mon Feb 02, 2015 12:27 pm

Bj_Knows wrote:By the way, Magma Jet rank 3 is aweSPOON.

Level 27 Lean WM Cassidy is using the following:

Fire Mob Ability Set

inc fs fp if ig
is fl sm fb il
fm im mj sf isa
sc tv ef ign as

Fire Boss Ability Set

inc fs fp if ig
is fl sm fb il
fm im mj sf isa
sc tv ef ign as
Bj_Knows

Re: Hunting Potion Elites

Postby Bj_Knows » Tue Feb 03, 2015 12:39 pm

Bj_Knows wrote:Cassidy is currently hunting Potion Elites in Dunia's Meadow, and Heart of Ebian.

I busted my behind to unlock VG Raid (CV & Essence) for Cassidy, and I cannot find one for her to join.

Eventually I gave up and found a GK Raid (thanks Hijos de Glenfort) for less CV per 2 Energy and 0 Essence.

Currently Farming Glenfort Light Essence & Dark Essence Ingredients. I want to get her to the Quest that rewards Armor Piercing Enchant Recipe.
Bj_Knows

Re: Hunting Potion Elites

Postby Bj_Knows » Wed Feb 04, 2015 3:42 pm

Bj_Knows wrote:Currently Farming Glenfort Light Essence & Dark Essence Ingredients. I want to get her to the Quest that rewards Armor Piercing Enchant Recipe.

Cassidy did not even need to Refine any Essence. She needed 25 Refined Essence for Vile Gate Essence Quest, and she had 32 from running Incursion Portals. She is now crafting Vile Gate Essence to get her Armor Piercing Recipe.

After running the numbers (see below), I plan to stop Lean WM Cassidy’s Luck at Rank 4.

Luck stop at rank 4 (6%)

10 GS * 3= 30 GS Arcane Transfer
(or 20 Refined or 200 Essence * 3= 600 Essence to Transfer)

Since Weapon Tier has the largest impact on Damage, I plan to stop Cassidy’s Damage Enchants at Rank 4. Since PvP Staff only has a -4% VS Monsters, Cassidy will be using a Tier 18 PvP 2H Staff (eventually).

T18 PvP 2H Weapon (current Max Tier, +2% VS Player, -4% VS Monsters)
2H, AP, Fire/ Ice stop at rank 4 (Fire & Ice 2H Attacks +24%, Armor Piercing 9.6%)

10 GS * 12= 120 GS Arcane Transfer
(or 20 Refined or 200 Essence * 12= 2400 Essence to Transfer)

Since Knockback is based on Opponent’s Weapon Speed, not Weapon Tier, I plan to stop Cassidy’s Knockback at Rank 4.

T18 (current Max Tier), or T16, PvA Armor (+0% VS Player, +0% VS Monsters)
Knockback Resist at rank 4 (36%)

10 GS * 3= 30 GS Arcane Transfer
(or 20 Refined or 200 Essence * 3 = 600 Essence to Transfer)

Since the higher level characters in a PvP Bout, the more Debuffs, I will raise Cassidy’s Status Resist to Rank 6 or Rank 8.

Status Resist to rank 6- 8 (27- 36%)

20 GS * 3= 60 GS Arcane Transfer
(or 100 Refined or 1000 Essence * 3 = 3000 Essence)
Or
50 GS * 3= 150 Arcane Transfer
(or 50 Pure or 5000 Essence * 3 = 15000 Essence to Transfer)

Total cost of Arcane Transfer= 240 GS or 330 GS when Venan raise Max Tier Gear.

600 Essence
2,400 Essence
600 Essence
3,000 Essence = 6600 Essence (plus Flux & Gravers) lost forever, to Transfer if Status Resist Rank 6
Or
15,000 Essence = 18,600 (plus Flux & Gravers) lost forever, to Transfer if Status Resist Rank 8 when Venan raise Max Tier Gear.

Farming Essence and Luck ROI numbers
18 Rank 4 Enchants (1,850 Essence)= 33,300 Essence
3 Rank 6 Enchants (9,350 Essence)= 28,050 Essence
Or
3 Rank 8 Enchants (44,350 Essence)= 133,050 Essence

Total
61,350 Essence (good ROI on Luck Rank 2)
or
166,350 Essence (good ROI on Luck Rank 4)
Bj_Knows

Raid Critique

Postby Bj_Knows » Mon Feb 09, 2015 12:11 pm

Subject
Raid Critique

Most Raids I have run Cassidy in are Too Long or Too Short. The Length of Phases varies by a huge amount, making planning and participation even more complex. Gold Finish and Silver Finish change the Raid Rewards by a huge amount even if you miss by a few seconds.

It is nice having Cassidy in a retired Guild and just joining Raids as a Merc. There is no player stress over (and no officer stress over not having in game tools to help manage the below):

Scheduling Raids
Raid Finishes
Attending Raids
Communicating with Guildmates (though most MMOs seem to rely on 3rd party software)
Communicating with Officers

Guild attendance
Guild participation
Guild effort
Burning GS
Buying Elixirs

Unlocking Raids
Leveling character ( for faster Kills Per Minute in Raids )
Raising character might ( to enter higher Tier Valor )

Once she gets a Tier 18 Staff I will have Cassidy unlock Karnak and LEGS Raids, with their Onslaught Phases, currently chilling in Vile Gate with its Essence and Flux.

If she ever runs into problems with silver coin, I will go back and unlock Emperor’s Court Dungeon (the new Crypt Raid is tougher).

In the future, she might run Zuur, Vallus and WoF Raid since they drop Materials for making Crafted Potions. But right now she does not need Squire, Soldier or Knight Valor and Farming Crafted Potions is currently a complex (and sort of a mess), so she is concentrating on Vile Gate Raid.
Bj_Knows

Re: Raid Critique

Postby Jumper » Mon Feb 09, 2015 12:21 pm

Bj_Knows wrote:Subject
Raid Critique
In the future, she might run Zuur, Vallus and WoF Raid since they drop Materials for making Crafted Potions. But right now she does not need Squire, Soldier or Knight Valor and Farming Crafted Potions is currently a complex (and sort of a mess), so she is concentrating on Vile Gate Raid.

Good point about potion materials. They are really useless as it stands and definitely not worth the effort. Would be nice to get alternative materials (like in the vile realm where we at least get essence as a side effect). As we know, the game is basically based on gathering essence, for most people, HT and Valor are moot.
Jumper

PreviousNext

Return to Discussions