Holiday Goblin of Doom Schedule

Have something to say about Book of Heroes? Post it here!

Which Zones?

Postby Bj_Knows » Sat Dec 27, 2014 7:19 pm

Bj_Knows wrote:Subject
Which Zones?

Basic
Rumor has it "No Dungeon Zones, No Raid Zones". Any other Zone should work.

Remember, during the 15 minutes he appears, you can find him multiple times, but it is based on Randome Number Generator (RNG).

Server Lag includes network lag. LTE/ 4G less lag than 3G. Commercial areas less lag than Residential areas.

Advanced
If HoliGob 2.0 is the same as LuckyF, his chance of appearing is based off how much Energy spend to enter a combat. If you can 2 hit Potion Elites, you can get Potion Materials, and twice the chance per combat, in Elite Zones. If you need 3+ hits to kill a Potion Elite, but you can 1 hit kill Mobs in another Endless Encounter Zone, then you probably are better off in another Endless Encounter Zone. Depending on your Energy Bar, Burning vs Not Burning, and Might Rating, you might combine the two strategies, spending some in Elite Zone and some in other Zone.

Update: If servers lag is really bad, enter 2e zones (Flame Cavern, Canyon of Shadows, Heart of Ebian, The Energy Mines, Ancestral Nithus) instead of 1e zones. Game only checks Server for loot rolls. Since 2e HoliGob twice as likely as 1e HoliGob, less Server checks mean less time waiting 60 seconds for Server connection (I average 8- 10 sec per 1e used).

The mechanic of finding HoliGob in "No Dungeon, No Raid" is similar to the new Wandering Bosses in Vile Realm.

Cursed Quarry, The
Rumor has it Waterfall is good for Undead Ichor, but really any Zone except Rath'een Ridge (you kill a *LOT* of Rath'een in this game).
Energy Mines- Potion Elite. Drops Cave Serpent Venom & Ichor.

Dragonmoor
Shores of the Realm- Pirates for Pirate Feats and Guild Challenges (there are few places to kill Pirates in this game).
Lava Caves- Drops Fire Crystals
Flame Cavern- Potion Elite. Drops Iron Basilisk Eyes, Fire Crystals & Ichor

Ebian Forest
Forest Entrance- Bandits & Beasts for Feats.
Heart of Ebian- Potion Elite. Drops Grizzly Tooth.

Fellmarsh
Ferndell Swamp- Drops Fell Leaves (slightly easier, especially for Nature Shadow Walkers)
Barrens- Drops Fell Leaves (slightly easier, especially for Nature Shadow Walkers)
Greycoast Bog- Drops Fell Leaves & Undead Ichor

Frozen Vale
All Endless Encounter Zones should drop Polar Melt

Nithus
Helion's Pass- all monster are Undead, excellent source of ichor
Isle of Nithus- in previous versions, Beast for Feat (hopefully still good for Beasts)
Ancestral Nithus- Potion Elite. Drops Unstable Ether & Ichor

Urgresh
Urgresh Peak- Mountain Lichen
Urgresh Borderlands- Mountain Lichen
Canyon of Shadows- Potion Elite. Drops Wyvern Scale & Mountain Lichen

Advanced Tip: If you have no lag, and lots of silver coin, pick zones where you can use a single minor rune for "One Rune, One Kill" like Forest Entrance, The Pit, The Seething Swamp, The Grieving Glade. Because Runes are instantaneous, they have slightly faster animations [still true but nerfed since 2013. Hi Dave, I know you read these ;-) ]

https://www.venan.com/boh_forum/viewtopic.php?p=24668#p24668
Bj_Knows

HoliGob Appearance, Event Chat & Fun with Math

Postby Bj_Knows » Sat Dec 27, 2014 7:20 pm

HoliGob Appearances, Event Chat Channel & Fun With Math (Never Need HoliGob Schedule)

Overview:
Each HoliGob has a 21 hour cool down,
Use the Event Channel to predict HoliGob's next appearance,
Automatically adjusted for your local Time Zone.

Body. (2013 Example)
Take your current time. Ex: 07:00 AM EST Wednesday
Add 3 hours. Ex: 10:00 AM EST Wednesday
Subtract 1 day. Ex: 10:00 AM EST Tues
Find this on the Event Channel. Ex: 10:45 AM EST Tues, is an Amber Portal
Scroll down to next HoliGob. Ex: 11:15 AM EST Tue, Urgresh
Subtract 3 hours. Ex: 08:15 AM EST Tue, Urgresh
Add 1 day. Ex: 08:15 AM EST Wed, Urgresh
This is the next HoliGob.

In this example, with Current Time 07:00 EST on Wednesday, the next HoliGob is 08:15 AM EST on Wednesday in Urgresh.
https://www.venan.com/boh_forum/viewtopic.php?p=24798#p24798

Note: 2014 always appears at the start of the hour, X:00, and ends on the quarter hour, X:15.
Bj_Knows

Tips, HoliGob Combat

Postby Bj_Knows » Sat Dec 27, 2014 7:22 pm

Tips, 2013 HoliGob Combat 2.0
https://www.venan.com/boh_forum/viewtopic.php?f=13&t=5245

Note: Some of the class abilities are out of date. Ex: current Cleave is super buffed due to old version's 2h Axe/ 2h Sword rotation problem.
Bj_Knows

Re: Which Zones?

Postby Derrin_Watson » Mon Dec 29, 2014 3:24 pm

Bj_Knows wrote:Advanced
If HoliGob 2.0 is the same as LuckyF, his chance of appearing is based off how much Energy spend to enter a combat. If you can 2 hit Potion Elites, you can get Potion Materials, and twice the chance per combat, in Elite Zones. If you need 3+ hits to kill a Potion Elite, but you can 1 hit kill Mobs in another Endless Encounter Zone, then you probably are better off in another Endless Encounter Zone. Depending on your Energy Bar, Burning vs Not Burning, and Might Rating, you might combine the two strategies, spending some in Elite Zone and some in other Zone.

Update: If servers lag is really bad, enter 2e zones (Flame Cavern, Canyon of Shadows, Heart of Ebian, The Energy Mines, Ancestral Nithus) instead of 1e zones. Game only checks Server for loot rolls. Since 2e HoliGob twice as likely as 1e HoliGob, less Server checks mean less time waiting 60 seconds for Server connection (I average 8- 10 sec per 1e used).

BJ, when you originally posted this in 2013, you began this tip with the word "If." Are we any closer to pinning down the truth of that assumption? My own admittedly small sample size suggests it is untrue, but maybe a couple of thousand rolls of the dice would show I am off the mark.
Derrin_Watson

Give Mods a Break or Combat Banking

Postby Bj_Knows » Mon Dec 29, 2014 3:52 pm

Subject
Give Mods a Break or Combat Banking

HoliGob Appearances, Event Chat Channel & Fun With Math (Never Need HoliGob Schedule)

Overview:
Each HoliGob has a 21 hour cool down,
Use the Event Channel to predict HoliGob's next appearance,
Automatically adjusted for your local Time Zone.

Q: It's every three hours, why do this?

A: This is from 2013 (Note 1), but it still helps you find out his next Map.

Q: Just use Derrin's AweSPOON schedule

A: I use Derrin's AweSPOON schedule when I am at home, since I printed it out (and deleted the PST, keeping the EST & ST/ UTC). I use this when I am on mass transit with only my smartphone.

Q: It's not that hard to remember the next Map.

A: It is when you are trying to remember which character you have Combat Banked for next HoliGob and which you have not.

Q: What is Combat Banking.

A: If HoliGob is going to appear in Ebain Forest next, I go to my favorite Combat Zone in Ebain Forest, spend 2e to enter, then log out of BoH before taking an action. When I log back into BoH, I kill the Mob, wait for X:00:00 to roll around, and I have a full Energy Bar. This is similar to Dungeon Banking.

This is helpful between the 9 characters CJ, and I, are running this HoliGob.

Q: Why do you have 9 characters

A: We have 26 characters, but we are only running 9.

Q: 26 characters?

A: Quit while you still can ;-) If not, learn when Venan has sales on GS.

Note 1)
I am insanely busy this week, and don't have time to clean up the 2013 HoliGob posts.

I dream of a Mod Chat Banner one Winter Holiday (Note 2).

Note 2)
Suggestion Stub, Mod Chat Banner
https://www.venan.com/boh_forum/viewtopic.php?p=33372#p33372
Bj_Knows

Re: Which Zones?

Postby Bj_Knows » Tue Dec 30, 2014 2:37 pm

Derrin_Watson wrote:
Bj_Knows wrote:Advanced
If HoliGob 2.0 is the same as LuckyF, his chance of appearing is based off how much Energy spend to enter a combat. If you can 2 hit Potion Elites, you can get Potion Materials, and twice the chance per combat, in Elite Zones.

BJ, when you originally posted this in 2013, you began this tip with the word "If." Are we any closer to pinning down the truth of that assumption? My own admittedly small sample size suggests it is untrue, but maybe a couple of thousand rolls of the dice would show I am off the mark.

I have had good luck with it, when there is a lot of lag on public transport. However, SW BarbSpice got the AweSPOON Sweater of Festivity with 8 Lockboxes, the odds have to be worse than 1 in 8. WM Agatha is getting 6+ e pots most HoliGobs, but BarbSpice gets less. Your RNG may be nicer, or meaner, than mine

Unless a Dev chimes in, you can never know what is the current formula.

My Rule of Thumb
I can "One Rune, One Kill" in 8- 10 seconds Real World Time. If Lag lasts more than 30 seconds, I am losing HoliGob time to Mob/ HoliGob Loot rolls. So I switch to Elite Zones. If there is no Elite Zone (ex: Frozen Vale), or I have a lot of that Material (Ancestral Nithus), I switch to an Undead "One Rune, One Kill" Zone for Ichor.
Bj_Knows

Re: Holiday Goblin of Doom Schedule- Temp Sticky

Postby ZeNeonMonkeyZ » Thu Jan 01, 2015 6:45 am

Thx So Much Derrin_Watson :D
ZeNeonMonkeyZ

Previous

Return to Discussions