DjCleric's HIGH END SW(s) PvE Guide

Have something to say about Book of Heroes? Post it here!

DjCleric's HIGH END SW(s) PvE Guide

Postby DjCleric » Fri Oct 10, 2014 12:08 pm

DJ's HIGH END MELEE SW OS Build (and LoB P4, PM p2) and his NOT SO HIGH END POISON SW.

Shared among the guilds that I'm in as well.

1 have 3 SWs, main toon is a technically maxed SW. All my offensive enchantments are at level 9, defensive enchantments capped at level 6 in PvE gear. I have maxed the defensive enchantments on my PvP gear. Not going to up my luck enchantments beyond lvl 6.
Each SW has a unique spec to it. Main was a hybrid SW before I converted to full melee. 2nd SW meant to be a pure melee PvP SW but I got lazy to PvP. 3rd SW uses either pure melee or pure magic spec, using melee spec only for PM p3. ALL my SWs have a deathwish.
Do take note that only my main SW is fully geared to the highest tier gems and equipments and optimized. The other 2 SWs have afew or no T7 gems. I won’t be touching on the specific level of enchantments nor the defensive (emerald) enchantments. I’m still using luck enchantment for all my SWs (I like bonus loots).

Current Offensive Enchantments in TOTAL level for MAIN SW:
1H : 27
AP : 27
Physical : 27

The other 2 SWs have
1H : 18
AP : 18
Physical : 18 (2nd)
Nature : 18 (3rd)

Specs
CoC/WoF (Used by Main SW)

7588 Melee
7897 Magic
Base haste : 43.33%
Guild buff haste : 43.85%
Used for CoC, WoF, PM p2 and everything that’s not onslaught.
Extra: Using speed elixirs will increase CoC and WoF wave count by about 1.5x.

I pretty much 1 hit almost everything so there’s no need for Urgency.

Boss (Used by Main SW and 2nd SW)

17 Melee Gems (Main)
Base haste : 42.2% (Main)
Guild buff haste : 42.81% (Main)
Used for KFS, LoB onslaught. Can be used for PM p2 as well.
Extra : Using speed elixirs will increase number of boss kills per 10e. Spirit rune is a must.

Poison Mob Spec (Used by 3rd SW)

Current total magic rating : 8921 (NOT OPTIMIZED)
Base haste : 44.06% (NOT OPTIMIZED)
Guild buff haste : 44.54% (NOT OPTIMIZED)

=========================

I'm already assuming you guys know what attacks to avoid getting hit as they may cause knockback etc since we are all veterans of the game.

=========================

NO PvP gear equipped. (excluding 2nd SW)
Weapon used : T19 SWORD
MUST be on Speed Elixir to significantly increase RPP return.
MUST be on Death Wish 3.
OPTIONAL: be on Power Elixir as well to obtain optimal RPP.
Haste after all the buffs for Main SW : 56.87% (57% rounded up)

More to efficiency than kills per 10e in Onslaughts..

========================

Abbreviations :
SV : Shadow Veil
PS : Piercing
RS : Reflexive Strike
CL : Caltrops
SR : Spirit Rune
BR : Break Rune
SB : Smoke Bomb
EN : Ensnare
GR : Garrote
RA : Regular Attack
AS : Acid Spray
PC : Poison Cloud
NT : Neurotoxin
TB : Toxic Blade
OHK : One hit kill

=======================

The perks of the Boss spec...

In KFS P2, P3, LoB P2 & P3…
PS = OHK if damage is > 37500
RS and GR combo (Both must crit) = another kill since total damage is > 37500
If RS crits but GR doesn’t crit, use CL (if not on cooldown) then use RS again.
NOTE: Replace CL with EN if CL is on cooldown. If EN is on cooldown, use SB. If CL, EN & SB are all on cooldown, use normal attack.
[Total time taken : 0.64s] save 0.1s if normal attack is used instead of CL.

Points to note:
Works only when the bosses has reduced armor from SR. Therefore, at the very start of your timer, use SR first then use this combo. If the boss is lucky to resist Sap, use SV then PS will help you save some time 0.46s for a kill instead of 0.53s (PS + RS). Also, the RS & GR combo may still kill them. And try to keep the constantly sapped.

------------------------------

In LoB P3
Always start off with SR then GR to optimize damage. You usually start first while the Prince have to wait for up to another 0.3 sec. This gives you enough time to give him a GR debuff to nullify his dodge entirely.

Only use CL on the prince when he is on Spirit Blades and have NO GR debuff. You want to reduce his dodge so that you can land a GR hit on him so that you can nullify his dodge entirely.

Also, keep a close eye on his phase timer, it's very unlikely that he will get Sapped from SR when he's on Strategic Shift. Therefore always use SR when his phase timer is about to end.
You may also use CL to manipulate the timer. The main objective here is to get him Sapped so that you can optimize your damage.

=======================

In LoB P4...

Death Wish is still ON

KILL the Prince FIRST
PS may OHK. lol
Use Frost Rune if Prince is on Spirit Blades
** Assassinate is very useful**
If Assassinate procs, you can easily finish the Lord off with a RS, if not, use EN or BR to interrupt his attack and finish him.
Tip: The Lord’s fastest attack when the Prince has been killed takes 0.3s. SWs without speed elixir can still stun him before he makes his move.

Only use Medium Healing pot to heal as you want to keep Death Wish on permanently.

=====================

In PM P2….

For Melee.
It’s a lot easier to maintain DW when one is using speed elixirs.
Even without elixirs, just take note of which attack timings of the ancients and heal accordingly. It’s also pretty easy to regain DW even after you have used a Powerful Healing Potion. Use Frost Rune if the keepers starts to get dodgy.

Aim the ancients in this priority order.
Orosin, Saydon, Graphazul, Bromet.
Priority order was determined based on the ancients haste and the amount of damage they do.

For Poison
AS, AC, TB (or RS if not using Speed Elixir), SB, repeat.
By then, the keepers would have been dead or are about to die.
It’s not necessary to use runes for non-onslaught battles. I only use it to kill the keepers when their next attack is gonna come before mine.

**Assassinate is useful for SWs **

In PM P3….
PS and RS. Use BR and stun when necessary. MAINTAIN DW.

For Poison SW during Onslaught….

Start off with SR then AC. Depending on how much life gauge the boss has left, use the most time efficient skill. Keep the AC DoT alive.
The player will need to be very familiar with the damage they do and to be able to estimate the boss’ health.
TB will OHK if it’s a critical hit and the boss has 3 poison stacks and sapped. AC may OHK when crit as well.
Also, try to keep track of when the DoT is gonna tick and roughly know how much damage the DoT does. This will help you minimize loss of combat timer.

======================================

For CoC and WoF (Must use CoC/WoF spec for the mobs, Boss spec for the boss)
Rule of thumb is to use the fastest possible attack to kill the wave of mobs.

In CoC, the chances of getting a 3 mob wave is higher than WoF p4.
Default rotation for CoC p1 & p2 and WoF p4 is
1. Blight Rune
2. AS
3. RS
4. GR/NT
5. NT/GR
6. RS
7. PC
8. AS
9. Repeat from #2 until you are left with 3s on the timer
10. Blight Rune
11. Repeat from #2 to #6
12. SB
13. Repeat from #2
14. Use another Blight Rune when you have less than 1s left.

For CoC p3
1. SR
2. RS
3. PC
4. RS
5. TB
6. RS
7. AS
8. EN
NOTE: From this point onwards, the damage from the DoT will affect your rotation. You will need to adjust accordingly. Keep the DoT on. EN will finish off the boss if DoT doesn’t crit. If DoT kills the boss, save the EN for later in case the boss blocks or 1 of your attacks did not crit. Below is the rotation order ASSUMING that the DoT DOES NOT kill the boss and every attack you do KILLS the boss
9. RS
10. GR/NT
11. NT/GR
12. RS
13. AS
14. PC
15. SR
16. RS
17. GR/NT
18. NT/GR
19. RS
20. AS
21. SB
22. RS
23. GR/NT
24. NT/GR
25. RS
26. AS
27. Blight Rune
28. PC
29. RS
30. GR/NT

Refer to table
CoC P3.JPG
CoC P3.JPG (69.11 KiB) Viewed 1804 times

Added CoC and WoF onslaught phase tips.
**END OF SW GUIDE VER. 2.1**

Feel free to ask any questions about my build. I'll answer accordingly
Last edited by DjCleric on Thu Oct 29, 2015 10:05 pm, edited 4 times in total.
DjCleric

Re: DJ's HIGH END MELEE SW OS Build

Postby Bimbosigliere » Fri Oct 10, 2014 12:51 pm

DELETED
Last edited by Bimbosigliere on Sun Jul 19, 2015 8:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Bimbosigliere

Postby DjCleric » Fri Oct 10, 2014 1:12 pm

Bimbosigliere wrote:Can we make this post a sticky? Cuz in three years I may finally be a high end sw

build may change in 3 years. lol
DjCleric

Postby EricM » Fri Oct 10, 2014 2:40 pm

Great build DJ. Very similar to mine.

If I may ask, why kill prince before lord? Looks like it's taking 6+ attacks to finish lord off afterward due to his armor buff.
EricM

Postby Illy_the_Red » Fri Oct 10, 2014 2:51 pm

Excellent post DJ - while what I'm doing at the minute is very similar I don't use Shadow Veil and only use Garrote 1 as a quick attack like RS. So I'll be trying this as I didn't have a dedicated boss spec. I had been wondering what higher-might melee SW (I'm still sub 40k) were doing differently.

My main problem is speed, as I just save gs drops for 24hr elixirs and use them at the best times - like double valour weekends! :D LoB without speed elixirs is horrible sometimes. With the base resist of P2 and high dodge of P3 it can get painful.

Eric I do the same and kill Prince first in P4. I can't remember exactly why but it was something to do with his haste increasing too much I think, he used to kill me regularly until I switched to offing him first. Good thing about doing it that way is that you can control the left-hand guy's timer more easily once prince is dead. Not saying it's the best way, just seems to work.
Illy_the_Red

Postby Jumper » Fri Oct 10, 2014 3:55 pm

Please stop spamming sw propaganda!!
Jumper

Postby Bbbb » Fri Oct 10, 2014 5:37 pm

Jumper wrote:Please stop spamming sw propaganda!!

I was going to post the best SW build is to delete it and start over with a mage. :lol:

For Monkey: WM OP -_-
Bbbb

Postby DjCleric » Fri Oct 10, 2014 5:57 pm

EricM wrote:Great build DJ. Very similar to mine.

If I may ask, why kill prince before lord? Looks like it's taking 6+ attacks to finish lord off afterward due to his armor buff.

I've edited the rotation and added the points to note as it was copied and pasted from my P4 manual for low might melee SWs. (I'm a lazy bum) :lol:

Anyway, the prince will be taking his time to be phasing himself while the lord is slower in general. This way, I'm taking lesser hits. Usually I take one or 2 hits at most, unless the prince got his Burst of Speed. Also, you won't want to accidentally kill off the lord and suffer from the prince's insane speed boost with the death of dad. It's more or less the same logic as Ilyana's for P4.

Using this tactic isn't very friendly towards your silver as each Break Rune is 1k silver. :lol:

Ilyana_the_Red wrote:Excellent post DJ - while what I'm doing at the minute is very similar I don't use Shadow Veil and only use Garrote 1 as a quick attack like RS. So I'll be trying this as I didn't have a dedicated boss spec. I had been wondering what higher-might melee SW (I'm still sub 40k) were doing differently.

You can use this spec for HM or any other regular battle. You may remove SV and add Assassinate since it's a pure melee build.

Also my definition of higher-might melee SW does not include any defensive enchantments. I only factor in the damage that you do in PvE, particularly in onslaught. If you are able to kill onslaughts with 2 hits most of the time, I will consider you as a high end SW already.
PS: Currently I'm at 46k might with no defensive enchantments at all. You can inspect me. My true might is 53k as I have all my defensive enchantments transferred to my 3 PvP gear.
DjCleric

Postby Oden357 » Sat Oct 11, 2014 9:21 pm

Or go poison build and kill them at the same time pretty much all the time in p4.
Oden357

Postby Illy_the_Red » Sun Oct 12, 2014 5:10 am

Oden357 wrote:Or go poison build and kill them at the same time pretty much all the time in p4.

We're talking about melee. Very difficult to just switch all those gems to go poison, even if I wanted to.
Illy_the_Red

Next

Return to Discussions