block vs crit

Have something to say about Book of Heroes? Post it here!

block vs crit

Postby TIMPSON » Tue Nov 19, 2013 1:26 am

If imagine 1 guy got 100% block another 100% crit, when crit guy hit block guy what will hapen? Block or crit will apear?
TIMPSON

Re: block vs crit

Postby TIMPSON » Wed Nov 20, 2013 10:43 am

Nobody knows?
TIMPSON

Postby Bj_Knows » Wed Nov 20, 2013 10:52 am

TIMPSON wrote:Nobody knows?

I do not know Tsuruchi. But they claim to know the answer:

Edit: very last Post.

Volunteer- donating BLOOD to Red Cross, SWEAT to Forums.

Bj_Knows

AKA
GM= Things Guilds Were Not Meant to Know
Bj_DWR
BjKnows
Gryphonknight= Ingress, Pokemon, Empires & Puzzles (& Miikeeyy)
CEO of Bee jay Industries
Bj_the_SPOON
BjofCJandBj
Bj_Knows

Postby CodeMonkey » Wed Nov 20, 2013 12:14 pm

TIMPSON wrote:If imagine 1 guy got 100% block another 100% crit, when crit guy hit block guy what will hapen? Block or crit will apear?

Block will win. We first determine the outcome of the attack (hit, dodge, block), then if you are eligible to crit we roll for that. Blocks can't be crits, so the block 'wins' in this case since it is evaluated first.
CodeMonkey

Postby Possessed_Mithrid » Wed Nov 20, 2013 4:47 pm

Dave wrote:Block will win. We first determine the outcome of the attack (hit, dodge, block), then if you are eligible to crit we roll for that. Blocks can't be crits, so the block 'wins' in this case since it is evaluated first.

This is a crucial piece of information...BJ I trust you will archive this somewhere in the guides. ;)
Possessed_Mithrid

Postby Monkey006 » Thu Nov 21, 2013 6:24 pm

Out of curiosity, how do you roll for dodge/block? For instance, let's say dodge and block chances are 15% (for simplicity sake). Do you roll them separate at 15% apiece? Or a cumulative roll of 30% and then a secondary roll to determine block/dodge? It seems to be the latter from my experience, which is huge in PVP
Monkey006

Postby MysticRPG » Tue Apr 29, 2014 7:09 pm

Dave wrote:
TIMPSON wrote:If imagine 1 guy got 100% block another 100% crit, when crit guy hit block guy what will hapen? Block or crit will apear?

Block will win. We first determine the outcome of the attack (hit, dodge, block), then if you are eligible to crit we roll for that. Blocks can't be crits, so the block 'wins' in this case since it is evaluated first.

Is this still the case? If an attack is blocked then it can not be a crit? So an attack of 1000 damage is blocked by a large shield then only 500 damage will get through and no crit chance no matter what the attackers crit is?
MysticRPG

Postby GingerWithAFro » Wed Apr 30, 2014 9:42 am

Monkey006 wrote:Out of curiosity, how do you roll for dodge/block? For instance, let's say dodge and block chances are 15% (for simplicity sake). Do you roll them separate at 15% apiece? Or a cumulative roll of 30% and then a secondary roll to determine block/dodge? It seems to be the latter from my experience, which is huge in PVP

If they did this the cumulative roll to be fair would be more like 17.25 cause it wouldn't add 15% it would add 15% of your chance (15%). But I can't guarantee they are being completely fair.
-The God of Pluto
GingerWithAFro

Postby MysticRPG » Thu May 08, 2014 5:27 pm

MysticRPG wrote:
Dave wrote:

Is this still the case? If an attack is blocked then it can not be a crit? So an attack of 1000 damage is blocked by a large shield then only 500 damage will get through and no crit chance no matter what the attackers crit is?

I just wanted to bump this request for clarification.
Thanks
MysticRPG

Postby EricM » Thu May 08, 2014 6:26 pm

I'm also a little confused about this.

Two scenarios...

1) PVE in LoB p4. My SW drinks a crit potion. My crit rate is effectively 101% with piercing strike. However, left boss still blocks occasionally. Does this mean block supercedes crit?

2) PVP. My SW, when defending, should theoretically be at 100% block+dodge. Yet, I have still been hit by crits while defending. So in that case, does crit supercede dodge/block?
EricM

Next

Return to Discussions