Account Warning- Ignoring Chat Topic Warning

Have something to say about Book of Heroes? Post it here!

Account Warning- Ignoring Chat Topic Warning

Postby Bango » Sat Aug 17, 2013 3:28 am

So I just got an acountwarning.

Reason was: Other
I got this warning from Alice because apparently I'm not aloud to ventilate my opinion about the use of non-english languages in general-chats. It's stated in the chat rules that english is preferred but other languages are aloud.

Allthough it might be aloud it´s rude and impolite to do so and it gets even more rude when mods (read: Alice) go along with that foreign language instead of promoting enlglsh.

Afaik its not forbidden to have a different opinion and ventilate that but seeing this warning obviously it isn't.

I would like a formal reaction on mod-behaviour and I would like to see it in public, hence my post here.
Bango

Re: Account Warning

Postby AliceFaith » Sat Aug 17, 2013 3:38 am

You're allowed to express your opinion, but not when it's becoming a nuisance, when it's currently. & I did inform you beforehand to stop the topic.
AliceFaith

Re: Account Warning- Ignoring Chat Topic Warning

Postby Lady_Katy » Sat Aug 17, 2013 10:04 am

I have not looked a the chat logs , so I am speaking generally here. The game was created in an English speaking country, but this is an international game. No single language will or should be promoted over another. As long as a player is following chat rules, any language he or she is comfortable with is fine in chat.
Lady_Katy

Postby Tiffy » Sat Aug 17, 2013 3:03 pm

Lady_Katy wrote:As long as a player is following chat rules, any language he or she is comfortable with is fine in chat.

:)
Tiffy

Postby NikoNarf_1 » Sat Aug 17, 2013 6:32 pm

...so long as the keyboard supports it. No one has asked BoH to support a Lothlorian keyboard? :)
NikoNarf_1

Postby Oda_Galen_Shoijikinachi » Sat Aug 17, 2013 8:47 pm

Utbay igpay attenlay isay ownedfray uponay
Oda_Galen_Shoijikinachi

Postby Dårktîmë » Thu Aug 22, 2013 7:37 am

Bango2004 wrote:So I just got an acountwarning.

Reason was: Other
I got this warning from Alice because apparently I'm not aloud to ventilate my opinion about the use of non-english languages in general-chats. It's stated in the chat rules that english is preferred but other languages are aloud.

Allthough it might be aloud it´s rude and impolite to do so and it gets even more rude when mods (read: Alice) go along with that foreign language instead of promoting enlglsh.

Afaik its not forbidden to have a different opinion and ventilate that but seeing this warning obviously it isn't.

I would like a formal reaction on mod-behaviour and I would like to see it in public, hence my post here.

Anyone else spot the irony of this post? It would seem that your grasp of both the English language, and the use of grammar, are some what lacking.
Dårktîmë

Postby Bimbosigliere » Thu Aug 22, 2013 9:39 am

DELETED
Last edited by Bimbosigliere on Sun Jul 19, 2015 6:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Bimbosigliere

Postby Oda_Galen_Shoijikinachi » Sat Aug 24, 2013 4:12 am

Bimbo_sama wrote:
NBW_Darktime wrote:Anyone else spot the irony of this post? It would seem that your grasp of both the English language, and the use of grammar, are some what lacking.

It's almost impossible to miss

Phh! Like English has rules. Now you're just being silly
Oda_Galen_Shoijikinachi

Postby Grooveafan » Thu Sep 26, 2013 4:06 pm

There are double standards everywhere on here. I'm in England & if people kept going in about their guns & torturing animals it would be a criminal offence.
On here it seems to be normal which is horrible. It's not just about language difference sadly :(
Grooveafan

Next

Return to Discussions