100gs for new spec?- Too Expensive. For PvE? PvP?

Have something to say about Book of Heroes? Post it here!

100gs for new spec?- Too Expensive. For PvE? PvP?

Postby Illy_the_Red » Tue Jul 23, 2013 8:09 am

◦One additional specification (two in total) is now available for purchase via the training hall. In the future, more may be available.

Fair enough, you didn't mention the actual price in the notes, but 100gs for a new spec? When people already consider 5gs to reset your abilities too expensive? It was a little sneaky to draw our attention to it as a new feature while covering yourselves with the above. I think there are enough people throwing money at this game for this feature to have been substantially cheaper.

That said, I think the PvP feature itself is awesome, good job.
Illy_the_Red

Re: 100gs for new spec?

Postby Darkhorse » Tue Jul 23, 2013 9:11 am

100gs is not for respec, it is a one time fee for purchasing a secondary gear/ability specification that you can hot swap between.

Respec still costs 5gs per token. Either of your specifications can be respec'ed individually.
Darkhorse

Postby Lady_Katy » Tue Jul 23, 2013 9:50 am

DH, he was saying the 100 GS is too expensive for the new spec, not that respec-ing cost 100GS.
Lady_Katy

Postby Illy_the_Red » Tue Jul 23, 2013 11:39 am

Thanks Katy, enjoyed our battle!

I just think this particular cost will disappoint a lot of people. The second spec was one of the highlights of the update in the pre-release notes, so maybe a little more transparency regarding the cost would've helped. There are a lot of players who will never be able to get this feature.
Illy_the_Red

Postby Darkhorse » Tue Jul 23, 2013 11:57 am

Hope_Krssven wrote:Thanks Katy, enjoyed our battle!

I just think this particular cost will disappoint a lot of people. The second spec was one of the highlights of the update in the pre-release notes, so maybe a little more transparency regarding the cost would've helped. There are a lot of players who will never be able to get this feature.

Understood on the pricing, taken under advisement.

Agreed that we should have been more transparent on the pricing for gear/spec swapping.
Darkhorse

Re: 100gs for new spec?- Too Expensive for PvE? PvP?

Postby Illy_the_Red » Wed Jul 24, 2013 7:42 am

It's not even something that can be easily saved for. I have a toon saving GS drops for the Sigil of Endless Zeal. Might have it by 2014 :lol:

Also, you changed the topic header so it now only suggests it's expensive...it is expensive.
Illy_the_Red

Re: 100gs for new spec?- Too Expensive for PvE? PvP?

Postby _Christian » Wed Jul 24, 2013 10:06 am

Two questions on this thread:

1) do commerce elixers lower these prices or not?

2) as more spec slots are added, any chance this cost would be lowered?

The reason I ask is that I don't feel a burning need to dive into PvP at this stage, even though a lot of my online friends have given it rave reviews. But if the 100gs cost is static then I might as well buy it now to enjoy the benefit earlier.

My last question is how the PvP leaderboard stats are determined. Apologies if this is covered elsewhere.
_Christian

Re: 100gs for new spec?- Too Expensive. For PvE? PvP?

Postby Illy_the_Red » Thu Jul 25, 2013 8:38 am

Understood on the pricing, taken under advisement.

Agreed that we should have been more transparent on the pricing for gear/spec swapping.

Another thing I interpreted from the pre-release notes was no mention of it re-speccing the same way as the standard one. So you can get a second spec, tweak it once with the free token, then that's it. One plus here is that you can get 5gs relatively quickly from drops.
Illy_the_Red

Return to Discussions