reasons for the raid changes

Have something to say about Book of Heroes? Post it here!

Re: reasons for the raid changes-OFFICIAL RESPONSE 14 day St

Postby LUNABELLA » Tue May 14, 2013 12:59 pm

Wasn't the goal that gold raids should be an exception and not the norm? That is precisely why I propose to use the speed raid event results to set crazy gold limits & get rid off the caps. That way gold raids would be something extraordinary, but actually achievable since they were made on the basis of 60 players only & silver raids do not need to be torturing events, you can leave silver & bronze limits at current levels now (or whatever maybe they can be shortened) and no caps. Things as they are now, just not fun, and I think we all play for fun.
LUNABELLA

Postby Possessed_Mithrid » Tue May 14, 2013 3:44 pm

LUNABELLA wrote:Wasn't the goal that gold raids should be an exception and not the norm? That is precisely why I propose to use the speed raid event results to set crazy gold limits & get rid off the caps. That way gold raids would be something extraordinary, but actually achievable since they were made on the basis of 60 players only & silver raids do not need to be torturing events, you can leave silver & bronze limits at current levels now (or whatever maybe they can be shortened) and no caps. Things as they are now, just not fun, and I think we all play for fun.

I think the one problem with using speed raids Luna, is that they required everyone in the raid to burn. Such a req for gold would set half of BoH in the anger zone as not everyone wants to be forced to burn 40GS in a raid just to make gold.

However I think you have the right idea that if Venan does raise the cap to say 60...the gold standard would be timed at where Venan has it now...all 60 spots are filled at the very start, all toons start at 100% e (some at 46 or 50 for loyalty reqs) and all toons contribute full regenerated e in the time for gold. This sets a hard gold standard that is achievable by a guild without burning.

Than give silver and bronze a relaxed time for casual raiding....and end the 4 hr bronze raids. :)
Possessed_Mithrid

Postby Sinphil » Tue May 14, 2013 5:50 pm

Of course they had to change things. Having gold as norm and silver and bronze as fails an obvious balancing issue. The biggest issue now is simply players have become so stubbornly set in expecting gold they consider anything less as a fail. Lets give all competitors gold in Olympics and see how the athletes feel about it.
Gold was meaningless and the whiners who can't adapt are going to make raids the same boring joke again. I doubt I will keep playing if Venan continues to set standards at the weakest player and guild levels.
Sinphil

Postby Sinphil » Tue May 14, 2013 6:00 pm

Also the speed raid event also showed clear need to change guilds if we ever wanted to see fair guild challenge events where people were truly competing in their real guilds highest Valor. We lucky that Venan not take usual route of massive cooldowns between changing guilds.
Sinphil

Postby NikoNarf_1 » Tue May 14, 2013 7:05 pm

FT_NikoNarf wrote:I think I have a great idea... but I will let the community decide if it has merit.

The mechanic at work is that a raid is a fixed number of waves, and faster completion determines higher rewards. What if...

Each raid was a fixed length of time, but reward level is based on completing "bonus phases". Kraken raid would have 3 phases for completion; if a 4th "bonus" phase is completed before the time limit, rewards go silver; if a 5th extra-hard phase is completed (imagine two krakens per wave!) reward is gold.

This allows altering gold level difficulty without messing with bronze or silver... and raids are completed in a more timely fashion, regardless of difficulty level.

I wanted to put this in here, too, to see if raiders like my idea.
NikoNarf_1

Postby TieDyeTim » Tue May 14, 2013 11:04 pm

I think a lot of these calculations of burning e are assuming you've bought those pricey gs sigils. I have... On one of 5 toons. The rest are locked at 28 e until the loyalty perks kick in which they essentially will. I can't speak for anyone but myself, but the heat of a failing raid will make me valiantly use any and all gold shields I have saved up from random drops to keep the raid from failing. So saving 180 gs, in my case, is a pipe dream.

A point that has been touched on but barely is reputation. Let's face it, in this current climate, if you get bronze, you are a failure and you will get no Mercs. Without Mercs you fail unless your guild is made up of people with the same work/school schedule and in the same time zone oh and have absolutely no life at all. What I love about my guild is the diverse group we have. Our raid schedule now has people tentative pulling the trigger because we're just not online all at the same time. I could care less if I only get silver even bronze. Really.

This is a game, yes a game. Oh did I mention a game you play ON YOUR PHONE? Can we breathe a second and put that in perspective here? Ok I personally have an iPad but to be forced to spend 2-3 hours on a single raid is silly. To be forced to line up full cap with full e is unrealistic and also silly.

Back up a minute Venan, please. Forget money, valor, e pots, caps and limits and focus first on fun. If you make the game fun, your cash will come. That perfect gem in the black market I've been waiting for for 3 weeks will get bought. When I feel like a hero when I get us gold by burning some e pots, it will make me buy more. If you try to build profit into the game, it will fail, it's not that kind of game. If it is fun to make purchases, it will happen.

I live in the USA and am fortunate to be employed and making decent money. That being said, our economy sucks! I don't make 100 grand a year, with the tax increase, I have less money to just spend and I'm not alone. I do have a little extra cash and guess what? I spend it here because I want to, because it's more fun for me than going to a bar or the movies or whatever. Prices are going up everywhere around me and things will have to be adjusted, spend less here more there etc. I spend it here because it's fun.

Please make it fun again!
TieDyeTim

Postby gaelic » Tue May 14, 2013 11:52 pm

TieDyeTim wrote:I think a lot of these calculations of burning e are assuming you've bought those pricey gs sigils. I have... On one of 5 toons. The rest are locked at 28 e until the loyalty perks kick in which they essentially will. I can't speak for anyone but myself, but the heat of a failing raid will make me valiantly use any and all gold shields I have saved up from random drops to keep the raid from failing. So saving 180 gs, in my case, is a pipe dream.

A point that has been touched on but barely is reputation. Let's face it, in this current climate, if you get bronze, you are a failure and you will get no Mercs. Without Mercs you fail unless your guild is made up of people with the same work/school schedule and in the same time zone oh and have absolutely no life at all. What I love about my guild is the diverse group we have. Our raid schedule now has people tentative pulling the trigger because we're just not online all at the same time. I could care less if I only get silver even bronze. Really.

This is a game, yes a game. Oh did I mention a game you play ON YOUR PHONE? Can we breathe a second and put that in perspective here? Ok I personally have an iPad but to be forced to spend 2-3 hours on a single raid is silly. To be forced to line up full cap with full e is unrealistic and also silly.

Back up a minute Venan, please. Forget money, valor, e pots, caps and limits and focus first on fun. If you make the game fun, your cash will come. That perfect gem in the black market I've been waiting for for 3 weeks will get bought. When I feel like a hero when I get us gold by burning some e pots, it will make me buy more. If you try to build profit into the game, it will fail, it's not that kind of game. If it is fun to make purchases, it will happen.

I live in the USA and am fortunate to be employed and making decent money. That being said, our economy sucks! I don't make 100 grand a year, with the tax increase, I have less money to just spend and I'm not alone. I do have a little extra cash and guess what? I spend it here because I want to, because it's more fun for me than going to a bar or the movies or whatever. Prices are going up everywhere around me and things will have to be adjusted, spend less here more there etc. I spend it here because it's fun.

Please make it fun again!

Agreed with Tim
gaelic

Postby My_Starlight » Thu May 16, 2013 1:14 am

I know 1.6 has not been out for very long but I am losing the passion to play as each day passes. This game was easy to play and not so time consuming. For example, per 1.6 Vallus would take my guild 45min-1hour to complete. I would be able to dump my E then go about my daily business. Now my guild is completing Vallus in just under 2 hours and I have to babysit my character just to make sure I squeeze every ounce of E I have. Do I really want to be on a phone app for 2 straight hours? Really?

Of course there is the skunk merc issue and really I don't blame them anymore. I would love to dump my E then do whatever in RL but this isn't the scenario anymore. My guild is losing players. Not to other guilds but to simply not wanting to play anymore. I will soon be joining that crowd if this will continue to be the norm.

I hope some changes will be made very soon! This is a great game so please keep the fun factor going.
My_Starlight

Postby lorddune » Wed Jun 25, 2014 9:03 pm

PIN_Evologist wrote:I see two distinct arguments here, that I believe need to be separated and tackled one at a time.

1 - "Silver is the new gold".
Okay. I'm cool with that. Most players are. But if silver is the new gold, then we have to put in the same amount of effort that we USED to put in for gold, for 20% less reward. This I'm not so cool with.

Solution: bump silver to a 100% reward, bronze to 75%. And bump gold rewards to 125% valor reward. This means top tier guilds and hardcore players are still getting their rapid growth, and you aren't hobbling the casual/standard player with slower character progression.

This comment reminds me of the guitarist from Spinal Tap who had a specially made amp that went to 11 because "11 is way more louder than 10".

2 - "Raids are longer, harder and more effort."
Yeah, they are. And they are more of a logistical challenge. And they aren't as rewarding. Also, bosses vanish again instead of fading, so it's like they have 300 lives again (we lost that stagger effect somewhere in the patch).
But on the flip side, raids GET EASIER THE MORE YOU DO. Why? Guild loyalty.

It's there for a reason. The extra energy isn't just a pipe dream, it's there to compensate for the harder raids.

Solution - Maybe consider dropping the numbers a teeny bit, so that silver is achievable by 30 - 40% of the active guilds. Otherwise, keep it as is, and encourage loyalty rewards.

My $0.02
lorddune

Previous

Return to Discussions