Stat Calculations and Diminishing Returns

Have something to say about Book of Heroes? Post it here!

Re: Stat Calculations and Diminishing Returns

Postby Neofilipe » Sun Jan 17, 2016 2:47 pm

So, apparently the lvl cap update changed the stats formulas and consequently the diminishing returns of each ... are we (community) working on the calculations somewhere ? In the past worked on graphics for all of them so people can actually see the soft caps and hard caps of each one ... and worked like a charm at least with the guildies ... so can someone point me the direction or is this thread all we got ? Deserves an updated one in my opinion ...
Neofilipe

Postby GWARslave119 » Sun Jul 10, 2016 11:07 pm

Ok this is too much for me to read, I just paged down to this nifty reply window. It's a logarithmic equation right? What's the formula so I can plug in the coordinates. Googled failed me. Or my mind did
GWARslave119

Postby Kenner » Mon Jul 11, 2016 4:50 am

GWARslave119 wrote:Ok this is too much for me to read, I just paged down to this nifty reply window. It's a logarithmic equation right? What's the formula so I can plug in the coordinates. Googled failed me. Or my mind did

I know the red gems are bilinear lines, with a soft cap at a certain rating (im not sure where it is for lvl 40 yet). The yellow and blue ones seem to approach the max values with a logarithmic equation. I believe somewhere in this thread someone made formulas for lvl 30 when that was max lvl.
Kenner

Postby Bbbb » Mon Jul 11, 2016 1:04 pm

Venan has never published the formulas. Mith did a bunch of work to estimate what they were and I'm sure it is his post earlier in the thread.

Magic/Melee are definitely bilinear with the cutoff somewhere around 2000.

I don't know that anybody has looked into health, but it may be linear.

The rest are logarithmic and different for different classes (I helped Mith with his data collection). If I recall, the soft caps on haste/crit are 50% but with the way the algorithm works, it gets really expensive to push them beyond the 40-43% range.
Bbbb

Postby Kenner » Mon Jul 11, 2016 7:25 pm

Bbbb wrote:Venan has never published the formulas. Mith did a bunch of work to estimate what they were and I'm sure it is his post earlier in the thread.

Magic/Melee are definitely bilinear with the cutoff somewhere around 2000.

I don't know that anybody has looked into health, but it may be linear.

The rest are logarithmic and different for different classes (I helped Mith with his data collection). If I recall, the soft caps on haste/crit are 50% but with the way the algorithm works, it gets really expensive to push them beyond the 40-43% range.

Health is bilinear too. At lvl 35 the formula for gained health was like this ((rating-975):2)+975. Which practically means any rating up to 975 gave 1 hp and all above gave 0.5 hp.

As for melee/magic the cap was at 2220. I confirmed that at lvl 37 this was 2340 so im assuming every level increases softcap by 60 resulting in 2520 soft cap at lvl 40. Melee/magic below softcap is rating/2.5 and rating above the cap gives rating/12.5. For any rating above the cap at lvl 35 would result in this formula. 888+((rating-2220)/12.5)
Kenner

Postby GWARslave119 » Tue Jul 12, 2016 12:18 am

Ahhh, sounds quite more complicated than I envisioned. I thought you could find a few set points, X being the percentaged gained and Y being the skill rating, graph that to determine whether it was linear or logrithmic, and then use a standard formula to be able to find a set point farther up the curve so you'll know how much percentage a certain skill rating would give. I only went so far in math in high school, and i dont remember much of it ;p
GWARslave119

Postby Kenner » Wed Jul 13, 2016 8:38 am

GWARslave119 wrote:Ahhh, sounds quite more complicated than I envisioned. I thought you could find a few set points, X being the percentaged gained and Y being the skill rating, graph that to determine whether it was linear or logrithmic, and then use a standard formula to be able to find a set point farther up the curve so you'll know how much percentage a certain skill rating would give. I only went so far in math in high school, and i dont remember much of it ;p

If it's any help I do know a bit more about haste stat here are some ratings with the corresponding haste value, more importantly haste is the only stat which curve doesnt change by leveling.
1000 = 25.00%
2000 = 33.33%
4000 = 40.00%
9000 = 45.00%
19937 = 47.61%
Kenner

Postby GWARslave119 » Sat Jul 16, 2016 7:01 pm

Kenner wrote:
GWARslave119 wrote:Ahhh, sounds quite more complicated than I envisioned. I thought you could find a few set points, X being the percentaged gained and Y being the skill rating, graph that to determine whether it was linear or logrithmic, and then use a standard formula to be able to find a set point farther up the curve so you'll know how much percentage a certain skill rating would give. I only went so far in math in high school, and i dont remember much of it ;p

If it's any help I do know a bit more about haste stat here are some ratings with the corresponding haste value, more importantly haste is the only stat which curve doesnt change by leveling.
1000 = 25.00%
2000 = 33.33%
4000 = 40.00%
9000 = 45.00%
19937 = 47.61%

Now I guess the question would be at what percentage would each ability's time change to
GWARslave119

Stat Curves

Postby Bj_Knows » Mon Jul 18, 2016 1:45 pm

Subject
Stat Curves

Except for Health, the formulas are known for all stat curves. The info is spread throughout this topic, and other topics on the forum.

If someone wants to organize the info, and start a new topic about stat curves, I will sunset this sticky topic and sticky the new stat curve topic.
Volunteer- donating BLOOD to Red Cross, SWEAT to Forums.

Bj_Knows

AKA
GM= Things Guilds Were Not Meant to Know
Bj_DWR
BjKnows
Gryphonknight= Ingress, Pokemon, Empires & Puzzles (& Miikeeyy)
CEO of Bee jay Industries
Bj_the_SPOON
BjofCJandBj
Bj_Knows

Postby GWARslave119 » Mon Jul 18, 2016 3:44 pm

That would be a good move
GWARslave119

PreviousNext

Return to Discussions