1.5 Complex Guide to Everything!

Have something to say about Book of Heroes? Post it here!

Re: 1.5 Complex Guide to Everything!

Postby japster » Sat Jan 05, 2013 3:49 pm

Mich may have been mistaken. After all she farms almost everything a million times haha. But well it may also be a bug in the loot tables. We'll see...
japster

Postby Little_Mike » Sat Jan 05, 2013 4:25 pm

Katt_Yosei wrote:
Little_Mike wrote:
TCG_japster wrote:Also, Celestial's Mich has reportedly obtained Block and Defense enchantment from Lord of Blades as well.

I just double checked the loot tables, Lord of Blades does (or should not) drop those.

Reading your post I think you're meaning 'does not'? If these are currently being dropped, does this mean that a fix will come along later on down the road? Unless of course the drop was just a rumor in the first place.

Either way I'm going to remove them from the guide until this gets cleared up, the last thing I want is to steer someone in the wrong direction :)

Yes sorry, I meant DOES NOT drop them. I highly doubt it is a loot bug otherwise we would have a lot of other problems in the game lol. In our game editor it says monster drops x, y, z and the Lord of Blades does not drop those recipes. If it does, by all means please screenshot it so we can check and see if there is a bug.
Little_Mike

Postby Doctor_Love_Money_Shot » Sat Jan 05, 2013 6:09 pm

Mike, is it possible to get you guys at Venan to post certain guides like the loot tables for recipes, gems/shards, enchant materials, etc? It's great that we have players like Katt who are willing to invest untold hours into developing these types of things but at the same time, we must rely on user submitted data which we can now see is not always accurate and can mislead players. Also, we can't post the info until someone actually discovers it, and thinks to share it with everyone else. While we all contribute many hours posting to the forums, you guys could put together a quick list from your loot tables and post it for everyone to enjoy.
Doctor_Love_Money_Shot

Postby Little_Mike » Sun Jan 06, 2013 10:12 am

Doctor_Love wrote:Mike, is it possible to get you guys at Venan to post certain guides like the loot tables for recipes, gems/shards, enchant materials, etc? It's great that we have players like Katt who are willing to invest untold hours into developing these types of things but at the same time, we must rely on user submitted data which we can now see is not always accurate and can mislead players. Also, we can't post the info until someone actually discovers it, and thinks to share it with everyone else. While we all contribute many hours posting to the forums, you guys could put together a quick list from your loot tables and post it for everyone to enjoy.

Sorry this is not something we will do simply because it takes a lot of our time. We also like the interactions the community has trying to reverse engineer our stuff. :)
Little_Mike

Postby Bj_Knows » Sun Jan 06, 2013 12:59 pm

Doctor_Love wrote:Mike, is it possible to get you guys at Venan to post certain guides like the loot tables for recipes, gems/shards, enchant materials, etc?

Little_Mike wrote:Sorry this is not something we will do simply because it takes a lot of our time.

;-) If you are anything like me, and other Modder/ Designers I know, you also have to remember *which* of the last 15 revisions you did in the last two days is the current table (teasing, but sorta serious)

:-( (turning serious) Letting us reverse engineer the tables is a great way to hunt bugs. If the loot table says 3 - 7 Tier 3 Shards per Dungeon Boss and we report 6 - 14 or 30 - 70, there is a definite bug!
Volunteer- donating BLOOD to Red Cross, SWEAT to Forums.

Bj_Knows

AKA
GM= Things Guilds Were Not Meant to Know
Bj_DWR
BjKnows
Gryphonknight= Ingress, Pokemon, Empires & Puzzles (& Miikeeyy)
CEO of Bee jay Industries
Bj_the_SPOON
BjofCJandBj
Bj_Knows

Postby Katt_Yosei » Sun Jan 06, 2013 3:23 pm

Doctor_Love wrote:It's great that we have players like Katt who are willing to invest untold hours into developing these types of things...

Thanks for the compliment Doctor_Love, its player's appreciation that keeps me working and enjoying myself while doing so!

Little_Mike wrote:We also like the interactions the community has trying to reverse engineer our stuff. :)

One of the best things when making a guide or even a general forum post, packed with information, is when that thread is stickied. It's basically the same thing as the moderators saying "Hey, you did a good job here, Thanks." I can't take all the credit though. This is definitely a project that we as a community are working on, and I'm working hard to shape all of the information received into the most useful tool we have in 1.5!

@Bj_DWR I updated my Useful Guide section with your Portal Schedule post. I've used that multiple times myself, so I can attest for its usefulness. With the updated drop rate, it makes flux farming in volatiles even easier than it was. Cheers!~

Guide updated with new content as of 2:22PM EST on 1/6/2013
Katt_Yosei

Postby Anechi » Sun Jan 06, 2013 4:34 pm

I will share my warmage skills. I am not saying this is best way to build your mage but i have found this suitable for every situation so far.

Tier 1: 2-2-3-3
Tier 2: 1-3-3-0
Tier 3: 1-3-3-3
Tier 4: 0-0-0-3
Anechi

Postby PhoenixÆterna » Sun Jan 06, 2013 5:17 pm

Too bad I did not screenshot the recipe when it dropped.
But I do have the defense recipe and wear them on 3 gears adding 13.50% defense.
I'll send screenshot of my gears enchanted with defense and screenshot of the recipe in workshop.
Little Mike, where should I send the screenshot to?
Cannot attach it here coz resolution for image allowed here are too small.
PhoenixÆterna

Postby Katt_Yosei » Sun Jan 06, 2013 7:07 pm

Celestial_Mystérè wrote:Too bad I did not screenshot the recipe when it dropped.

I'm not doubting you Mystere, but are you absolutely sure that the recipes came from Lord of Blades? It's confirmed that the defense drop is dropped by the Goblin King, so it's possible that you got it from him?

I've been farming Lord of Blades myself, but due to luck I haven't seen any if his recipes yet. If I get anymore info on this ill post on subject as well.

Thanks for posting Mystere, it's good for this to be cleared up :).
Katt_Yosei

Postby Little_Mike » Sun Jan 06, 2013 7:51 pm

If you ever find any bugs you can send them to customer.support@venan.com.
Little_Mike

PreviousNext

Return to Discussions