BUIŁD : A Physical Stalker

Have something to say about Book of Heroes? Post it here!

Re: BUIŁD : A Physical Stalker

Postby Ozmund » Sun Dec 30, 2012 4:21 pm

The physical build makes group kills less fun, but kills one on one very fast. I still haven't leveled a lot because of being too busy, I will post a more elaborate build as I continue.

Currently my gems are:
Red: only health for survival
Blue: physical and magic split for survival
Yellow: dodge and crit split, since I put a lot into haste with tokens.

More to come in time.
Ozmund

Postby DarthPaff » Wed Jan 02, 2013 4:59 am

I believe Assassinate is an indispensable key ability for this build; it gives the chance to kill two opponents with one strong melee attack.

Not sure about Ripose yet (enhanced with increased dodging skill).

I am very tempted with a physical SW build and may pursue that. The reason for that is the decreased effectiveness of poison (magic) attacks. Toxic Blade still works fine for me, but Poison Cloud and Acid Spray (which were two of my most beloved attacks) seem to have become too slow or weak, or both, especially against higher level opponents and onslaughts. They almost never provide a one-shot-kill for me, and often fail to do that even when combined.

This is one interesting thread to follow, and I will remember to add my experience to it if I choose to go that way.

Cheers,
Darth
\m/
DarthPaff

Postby Loonatik » Wed Jan 09, 2013 10:12 am

How did you come about using reflexive strike to activate neurotoxin?

Anyway, I currently use...

Caltrops 3
Ensnare
Dual Wield 2
Piercing Strike 3
Poison Cloud 2
Maneuver 3
Assassinate 3
Reflexive Strike 3
Critical Eye 2
Riposte 3
Smoke Bomb 3

Can't be more 'physical' than that... :-D
The only exception I make is Poison Cloud, but this is just due to the way i play it, relying on DOT.

Still in the process of adapting the melee:magic ratio.
Loonatik

Caltrop 3, Assassinate 3, Toxic Blade 3

Postby Bj_Knows » Thu Jan 10, 2013 11:38 am

Hotasfire0Coolasice wrote:
Abilities :

Piercing Strike 3
Critical Eye 3
Corrosive Blades 3
Neurotoxin 3
Reflexive Strike 3
Caltrops
Ensnare
Smoke Bomb
Maneuver 3
Riposte 3
6 Free Skill Points

You definitely want v1.5 Caltrops rank 3 for Damage Over Time (DOT).

Research Note: They have revamped the DOTs so Shadow Walker have Fast DOTs with high damage while Justicar and War Mage have slow DOT with progressively higher damage.

My Shadow Walker has not unlocked Vile Gate Dungeon Zone, but you might need Toxic Blade rank 3 to deal with The Lord of Blades "Vile Ward" Status Resist (similar to Holiday Goblin of Doom [HoliGob] "Bah" buff).

Since you don't have Poison Cloud, probably reduce Reflexive Strike to rank 1 and get Assassinate rank 3 to help defeat mobs. One of my favorite tactics is to use Reflexive Strike rank 1 to kill a mob then Assassinate procs taking out the other Mob, especially if Assasinate Crits.
Volunteer- donating BLOOD to Red Cross, SWEAT to Forums.

Bj_Knows

AKA
GM= Things Guilds Were Not Meant to Know
Bj_DWR
BjKnows
Gryphonknight= Ingress, Pokemon, Empires & Puzzles (& Miikeeyy)
CEO of Bee jay Industries
Bj_the_SPOON
BjofCJandBj
Bj_Knows

Postby Bj_Knows » Thu Jan 10, 2013 11:58 am

Loonatik wrote:Caltrops 3
Ensnare
Dual Wield 2
Piercing Strike 3
Poison Cloud 2
Maneuver 3
Assassinate 3
Reflexive Strike 3
Critical Eye 2
Riposte 3
Smoke Bomb 3

The only exception I make is Poison Cloud, but this is just due to the way i play it, relying on DOT.

If you are going for Damage Over Time (DOT), Poison Cloud rank 3 is worth the extra point.

Research Note: Shadow Walker DOTs are now fast and high damage.

I think reducing Reflexive Strike to rank 1 and upping Poison Cloud to rank 3 and Critical Eye to rank 3 will give you better results. You can use Reflexive Strike to trigger Assasinate rank 3, or on a 0.0 second Waiting opponent to see what his next attack. Ex: Steelclaw is 0.0 second Waiting, after Shadow Walker BarbSpice hits him with a 0.16 second Reflexive Strike, Steelclaw is now 2.4 second Eviscerate.

Dual Wield is good until you unlock Critical Eye and Neurotoxin. You may also need Toxic Blade vs. Lord of Blades due to his "Vile Ward" Status Resist. Either Toxic Blade rank 2 instead of Dual Wield or Smoke Bomb rank 2 and Toxic Blade rank 3 might be more effective in higher level Raids and Dungeon.

Remember: At high levels you will get a Magic Damage Bonus from your Training Tomes if you spread your Hero Tokens(HT) evenly for maximum Might Rating per HT.
Volunteer- donating BLOOD to Red Cross, SWEAT to Forums.

Bj_Knows

AKA
GM= Things Guilds Were Not Meant to Know
Bj_DWR
BjKnows
Gryphonknight= Ingress, Pokemon, Empires & Puzzles (& Miikeeyy)
CEO of Bee jay Industries
Bj_the_SPOON
BjofCJandBj
Bj_Knows

Postby Celestial_LordOfBlades » Fri Jan 11, 2013 9:27 am

Question for physical stackers. Are you able to kill Lv30 in VG or max incursion with one shot? If you can then physical is better than magic. I went for pure magic. I can finish a group of lv30 with acid spray, poison cloud, ensnare, smoke bomb, poison cloud. If crit, then acid spray, poison cloud (assassinate proc), poison blade
Celestial_LordOfBlades

Postby DarthPaff » Thu Jan 17, 2013 10:38 pm

I have recently respec'd for a physical build, abandoning all poison skills and putting 3 points to every other skill except for Ensnare - which I decided to abandon as well.

I am far from 1-shot-killing a lvl 30 mob, but I can do it in two shots. It is a vey enjoyable experience.

I still lack a lot of firepower. My gems are t4 only, some of them magic. These will all be eventually be replaced with t5 melee. My gear is t12 mostly.

I am quite confident that this will be a very potent build, given enough time to equip accordingly.

Cheers,
Darth
DarthPaff

Postby Musketeer » Fri Jan 18, 2013 1:29 am

Little_Mike wrote:Dual Wield only affects the off-hand attack when doing a normal attack. This is as designed at the moment. It -may- be poorly worded, we will have to look into that.

Good to know. I never run out of special attacks on my SW and resort to a normal attack. Thus dual wield is utterly useless and I'll rearrange my skills so. The wording, or the way the skill works, needs better explanation.
Musketeer

Postby DarthPaff » Fri Jan 18, 2013 3:36 am

I find dual wield quite attractive, especially if you are going for a physical build.

Considering the (low) number of pure physical attacks, the primary attack should be key in my plans for a decent high level onslaught performance.

The trick will be getting enough melee power to kill mobs with it from one shot. For WoF phase 4, this should be doable.
DarthPaff

Postby japster » Sat Jan 19, 2013 12:41 am

CeIestial_Being wrote:Question for physical stackers. Are you able to kill Lv30 in VG or max incursion with one shot? If you can then physical is better than magic. I went for pure magic. I can finish a group of lv30 with acid spray, poison cloud, ensnare, smoke bomb, poison cloud. If crit, then acid spray, poison cloud (assassinate proc), poison blade

That's not one shot...that's like...MANY MANY shots >< Perhaps be more precise if a comparison can be made lol
japster

PreviousNext

Return to Discussions