Raid rewards mechanics

Have something to say about Book of Heroes? Post it here!

Raid rewards mechanics

Postby Grnm » Tue Sep 25, 2012 5:36 am

Please excuse me if this topic has been already discussed, I haven't seen any relevant posts so far (and no doubt I will appreciate any relevant links, etc.)

So how do raid rewards work? Approximately, that is. Say, my RPP is 3000 in, say, Vallus, and it gives XX kv plus XX ht. Will 3000 RPP in a successful Vallus raid ALWAYS result in the same XX kv plus XX ht? (I must admit, I should've perhaps experiment prior to asking, but here you are).

In other words, is there a fixed amount of rewards for any given raid, and then this fixed amount is distributed among participants pro rata RPP, OR there are no such limits and each victor grabs the same rewards for the same RPP?
Grnm

Re: Raid rewards mechanics

Postby Bbbb » Tue Sep 25, 2012 7:11 am

There is a fixed amount for the raid that is divided up based on each person's RPP. So if the GM boots people out of the raid, more rewards for everyone else.
Bbbb

Postby Loonatik » Tue Sep 25, 2012 9:28 am

:twisted: Evil !!!
Loonatik

Postby Hachiman_Defender_of_Oda » Tue Sep 25, 2012 12:06 pm

Also raids can be won at different RPP Totals, so with that variable a set number of RPP doesn't mean a set reward value.
Hachiman_Defender_of_Oda

Postby Grnm » Tue Sep 25, 2012 12:12 pm

Thank you, guys, the general principle is clear now.
Grnm

Postby iago » Thu Sep 27, 2012 6:51 pm

Bbbb wrote:...if the GM boots people out of the raid, more rewards for everyone else.

I've always had this niggling worry as a merc that some unscrupulous guild leader might do this. Is it actually possible to boot someone mid-raid and deny them compensation for their efforts?
iago

Postby Bbbb » Thu Sep 27, 2012 11:56 pm

iago wrote:
Bbbb wrote:...if the GM boots people out of the raid, more rewards for everyone else.

I've always had this niggling worry as a merc that some unscrupulous guild leader might do this. Is it actually possible to boot someone mid-raid and deny them compensation for their efforts?

Haven't you followed the Slyver Hunters saga of the past week? It is all about this exact issue so yes it is possible. This is not an invite to reopen that can of nuclear waste. (talking to Marduk, Jardy, KJ, et al)

As you know, you are safe with us Goats. To date, almost every GM (at least in the top 30 or so) is playing it fairly though. Mostly because they are good people but also because the merc market would dry up for them if they boot.
Bbbb

Postby beekeo » Fri Sep 28, 2012 9:25 am

While it is true that kicking someone that has contributed to a raid decreases the number of times the valor pool will be divided, the individuals kicked would need to have otherwise received 1k+ valors before it comes close to being profitable for the guild members.

1000 valors / 20 guild members = extra 50 valors

Since that would work only once before the merc community blacklists you the GM would have to be very short-sighted to attempt it.
beekeo

Return to Discussions