BOH and PVP - discuss- ARCHIVED

Have something to say about Book of Heroes? Post it here!

Re: BOH and PVP - discuss

Postby Bj_Knows » Fri Oct 19, 2012 10:41 pm

Jetras_of_Eld wrote:To add, I think BOTH Players fighting should have their characters simulated in the battle to be fair. Using Cavalier's method, which is prefered I believe, both players woul dhave their favorite actions in order and the battle woudl start, for the attacker to watch, and maybe the defender could watch it as well in an attachment of a mail that notifies them of the attack.

There is a football game Big Win that uses this (or a similar) game mechanic. It is actually cool.
Volunteer- donating BLOOD to Red Cross, SWEAT to Forums.

Bj_Knows

AKA
GM= Things Guilds Were Not Meant to Know
Bj_DWR
BjKnows
Gryphonknight= Ingress, Pokemon, Empires & Puzzles (& Miikeeyy)
CEO of Bee jay Industries
Bj_the_SPOON
BjofCJandBj
Bj_Knows

Postby Mershie_ » Sat Jan 12, 2013 9:11 pm

I like the idea of PvP. Create an arena in town and have minimum prize contribution based on level. The host player can select to play for silver, gs, shards, flux, whatever. Minimum requirement to host is based on percentage of level. These arenas can be used for bragging rights, settle differences, prove which char type better, etc. bottom line is that the ability for PvP will enhance game. Areas could be categorized based on levels and challenges (1v3, 1v2,1v1, 2v2, 3v3 - all views would be similar to game now. The only exception would be if you,re on a multi player team- just show names left right or center in red (defeated) or green (still in fight)). If 3 level 10 chars want to take on level 25 char, its their choice. Control of turn based on action timer, ties can be determined by random draw. Player clock is set at 15 seconds to make an action, when time to make turn. The format would be same as game, except views would be regulated by turns. Images of characters already exist. Chat would be same except make private option for match (global, whisper, guild, officer, arena, arena match). I would only have arena or area match available if actively in arena.

Just some ideas...good luck with the coding...I think you guys can pull this off...

Note: Wizrads101 has a neat way of running an arena.
Mershie_

Postby Musketeer » Sun Jan 13, 2013 11:24 am

Interesting you should mention Blood Brothers, I also find the PvP in that game less than convincing. The game appears to select whatever band you are currently adventuring with as the band for other players to fight, so when you are levelling up new familiars, they will be the ones selected for PvP.

With the three band setup, number one should be for PvP, two for whatever special event is currently active, and three for training new familiars.

I'm not really interested in PvP in BoH either. I've always preferred cooperative games to competitive games, so the idea of trying to beat another player doesn't excite me. There are toons with might 10,000 over my current 15,000 who would beat the pants off me blindfold, and toons 10,000 might below me which I would crush like matchsticks. So what?
Musketeer

Postby Rhimmy » Sun Jan 13, 2013 2:48 pm

In my humble opinion.

What lured me to this game wasn't PvP or GvG or anything like that.
I liked the storyline, evolving your toon and raiding with guilds. (Wasn't here before guilds).

To me taking a Vs. direction would make the game into something else and probably make it less interesting for me.

In my mind the smart way to go is to evolve the path taken.
Increase the storyline, perhaps add a guild storyline. Expand the realm.

Why change the game ? Evolve whats here instead.

Regards. Rhimfir
Rhimmy

Previous

Return to Discussions