Halloween Event 2016

News for Book of Heroes.

Re: Halloween Event 2016

Postby Bâçôn_Mâddnêss » Sun Nov 06, 2016 9:44 pm

Can I assume raids will continue until store close/event end time on Tuesday?
Bâçôn_Mâddnêss

Postby vlad_the_impaler » Sun Nov 06, 2016 10:47 pm

Spooky_Bacon_Maddness wrote:Can I assume raids will continue until store close/event end time on Tuesday?

Only if you want to be disappointed when they end tomorrow at 1600.
vlad_the_impaler

Postby Dudes_Toons » Mon Nov 07, 2016 1:49 pm

The newsflash that was sent out stated that the event would run until the eighth. Some of us had items we were working on figuring we still had today to do it but now it appears that the raids have ended . That seems kind of hinky to me . What's going on .
Dudes_Toons

Postby _Alien_ » Mon Nov 07, 2016 2:05 pm

Dudes_Toons wrote:The newsflash that was sent out stated that the event would run until the eighth. Some of us had items we were working on figuring we still had today to do it but now it appears that the raids have ended . That seems kind of hinky to me . What's going on .

I'm not in Venan's favor, but killings always end one before the store and the whole event ends. I do agree it was not clearly said in the news when each part of the event was reaching its end.
_Alien_

Postby Şhädøщşрäщñ » Mon Nov 07, 2016 2:08 pm

Dudes_Toons wrote:The newsflash that was sent out stated that the event would run until the eighth. Some of us had items we were working on figuring we still had today to do it but now it appears that the raids have ended . That seems kind of hinky to me . What's going on .

Raids always end 24 hours before store closes. Standard procedure and posted somewhere.
Fight well and prosper my friends,
Şhädøщşpäщñ
Şhädøщşрäщñ

Postby vlad_the_impaler » Mon Nov 07, 2016 3:26 pm

CheMClarc wrote:
Alienigen wrote:
CheMClarc wrote:Heroes!

Tuesday, November 8th, 11 AM EST / 3 PM GMT

Shouldn't the store close a day after the raids end?

The post states the end time of the event, not the last spawn. The store and the event will end on this date. We leave the store open for 24 hours after the last raid has finished. We will post more detail times as the event unfolds.
vlad_the_impaler

Postby Bimbosigliere » Tue Nov 08, 2016 5:27 pm

REDACTED
Last edited by Bimbosigliere on Wed Nov 09, 2016 10:14 am, edited 1 time in total.
Bimbosigliere

Postby Sigèé » Tue Nov 08, 2016 6:54 pm

Bimbosigliere wrote:Now, I think we should give venan some kudos. This was by far the smoothest event ever run, with nary a glitch. And the format was a lot more pleasing. People are quick to jump down their throats when things go bad, and that's ok. But let's give a bit of praise when they do a good job.

Two things. First, maybe a bit of scaling and I'd suggest changing to ph 1 reg mobs, ph 2 os mobs and ph 3 os boss. This would be of greater benefit to new and smaller toons. Obviously would affect the Dracula feat, but that can be tweaked. Personally I thought the raid spawn rates were just fine. Some have complained but you'll always get that
Second, the only drama was about the newsfeed of event and store closing at same time. I naturally assumed the raids ended 24 hours earlier, but I've played awhile. The newer players will have no clue about the normal course of things. And the wimpy response of "it was in the forums".... not everyone visits or even knows of the forums. I think an addendum to the newsfeed would have solved all issues. A minor thing, something to live and learn from.

All in all a rather enjoyable and simple event. So let's give the guys at venan some thanks for a job well done.

Love, Bims.

P.S. You'd better believe this one will be REDACTED soon

How soon?
Sigèé

Postby Saraa » Wed Nov 09, 2016 1:40 am

Bimbosigliere wrote:Now, I think we should give venan some kudos. This was by far the smoothest event ever run, with nary a glitch. And the format was a lot more pleasing. People are quick to jump down their throats when things go bad, and that's ok. But let's give a bit of praise when they do a good job.

Two things. First, maybe a bit of scaling and I'd suggest changing to ph 1 reg mobs, ph 2 os mobs and ph 3 os boss. This would be of greater benefit to new and smaller toons. Obviously would affect the Dracula feat, but that can be tweaked. Personally I thought the raid spawn rates were just fine. Some have complained but you'll always get that
Second, the only drama was about the newsfeed of event and store closing at same time. I naturally assumed the raids ended 24 hours earlier, but I've played awhile. The newer players will have no clue about the normal course of things. And the wimpy response of "it was in the forums".... not everyone visits or even knows of the forums. I think an addendum to the newsfeed would have solved all issues. A minor thing, something to live and learn from.

All in all a rather enjoyable and simple event. So let's give the guys at venan some thanks for a job well done.

Love, Bims.

P.S. You'd better believe this one will be REDACTED soon

ARCHIVED
Saraa

Postby Bimbosigliere » Wed Nov 09, 2016 10:15 am

Death_Dealer_Sara wrote:
Bimbosigliere wrote:REDACTED

ARCHIVED
Bimbosigliere

PreviousNext

Return to Latest News