Talk Like a Pirate Day 2016

News for Book of Heroes.

Re: Talk Like a Pirate Day 2016

Postby Jonny_Valentine » Mon Sep 26, 2016 10:42 am

That's wonderful. You extend the event an extra day (when I have to work and can't hit the raid multiple times like turtle said) but you can't fix what is making this raid FRUSTRATING to the extreme!

That's just AWESOME!

Great job Venan!
Jonny_Valentine

Postby Bbbb » Mon Sep 26, 2016 10:48 am

I will admit that I am not suffering with the issue because I finished pirates on Saturday. So glad because I'd probably be ready to throw my tablet against the wall if I was.

SïléntPåntléssWållfløwér wrote:You have to wonder how many times a seasonal event can fail before you look after yourself and realise you're doing a piss-poor job. I do often wonder if the right hand knows that the left hand does with Venan.

Venan is too small to have a right-left hand issue. Their programmers are just making mistakes and QA is not catching them. It's that simple.

I've played two other games seriously during 2016. Venan is in the middle bugwise. One was a bugfest. They would run events 3 times a week and almost always each one had new bugs. The other I've never seen a bug nor people complaining on the forums, but all new features get released in Japan and trickle down to North America a couple months later. Maybe the Japanese release is buggy and by the time NA gets the release it is fixed.
Bbbb

Postby Winx » Mon Sep 26, 2016 10:50 am

Dear Venan, I feel hurt and disappointed. I know you can do better?!

It was reported early last week that the dates are wrong and you let it slide. After a week of crazy grinidng, just when it would've finally been worth it to reap the rewards, you put your loyal supporters through immense frustration and your solution isn't really a solution if you think about it.

We play games in free time for enjoyment and to escape our real life frustration for a bit. This is a great game and you have such loyal players, please don't ruin the experience? One day extra on a buggy raid really does not make up for the anger and frustration all your supporters went through yesterday.

You are meant to be our happy place. You had a week to fix this. Our elixers have worn off. We are angry! Please don't let us down?

Thanks!
Winx

Postby SlightlySuggestiveGlenda » Mon Sep 26, 2016 12:07 pm

I feel like you aren't trying to fix it because you don't really care if we are frustrated and there's nothing financially for you to gain by fixing it. It's like we don't matter to you only our money matters and sometimes not even that because there's always someone else willing to spend the dime if we are not. In order to make a stand as this is not the first event this year that has been *glitchy* I will not be buying any gold shields until the next event. If that event has issues that go unresolved I will not buy anymore at all after that. It might not mean much to you, one player $70 between my two accounts twice a month, but to me it's a way of saying enough taking me for granted. An extra $140 a month spending money. I'm already imagining the possibilities.
SlightlySuggestiveGlenda

Postby Dawn_ » Mon Sep 26, 2016 1:20 pm

Pirates seems to have ended again
Dawn_

Postby CheMClarc » Mon Sep 26, 2016 1:36 pm

Heroes!

Unfortunately we continue to have issues with the Pirate raids and ending the event.

The shop will be open for 24 hours for you to purchase your items.

Store Closes:
Tuesday, September 27th, 6:00 PM EDT / 10:00 PM GMT

We apologize for the inconvenience.
Michael aka "CheMClarc"
Associate Producer
Like BoH on Facebook! http://facebook.com/bookofheroes
Follow BoH on Twitter! http://twitter.com/bookofheroes
CheMClarc

Postby SïléntWållfløwér » Mon Sep 26, 2016 2:13 pm

So the 'problem' cannot be fixed so just end the event. That's brilliant for all the thousands of loyal players that have strived to make as many raids as possible to get the gear they need only to fall short. But they don't matter after all they are only the players and who cares about the players right? Who cares about that player that's a couple of hundred short. Well if he spends GS he can get what he wants. Wrong!

A poor move that unless corrected by a sufficient apology and redress (no 5 medium e pots is not what I'm talking about) will again harm Venan's chances of new members. Are you intentionally trying to alienate people from this game? Because it sure feels that way.

I leave you with the following Venan. Read it if you choose and try to learn from it because this is what 'good customer service' is defined as. Not the shoddy third raid excuse you provide us with. Oh and remember, a lot of people (not me) put a lot of money I tot this game. Without them you have no game!

'The key to good customer service is building good relationships with your customers. Thanking the customer and promoting a positive, helpful and friendly environment will ensure they leave with a great impression. A happy customer will return often and is likely to spend more.'
SïléntWållfløwér

Postby Bimbosigliere » Mon Sep 26, 2016 2:32 pm

REDACTED
Last edited by Bimbosigliere on Sat Nov 05, 2016 12:38 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Bimbosigliere

Postby Illy_the_Red » Mon Sep 26, 2016 2:42 pm

Winx wrote:Dear Venan, I feel hurt and disappointed. I know you can do better?!

It was reported early last week that the dates are wrong and you let it slide. After a week of crazy grinidng, just when it would've finally been worth it to reap the rewards, you put your loyal supporters through immense frustration and your solution isn't really a solution if you think about it.

We play games in free time for enjoyment and to escape our real life frustration for a bit. This is a great game and you have such loyal players, please don't ruin the experience? One day extra on a buggy raid really does not make up for the anger and frustration all your supporters went through yesterday.

You are meant to be our happy place. You had a week to fix this. Our elixers have worn off. We are angry! Please don't let us down?

Thanks!

It's crazy. Getting the ring recipe was easy enough, but some of us haven't had the time to hit this event to our satisfaction. I was planning to get a lot of doubloons across Sunday and Monday in order to get the orange recipe. Now that's impossible and Venan's response seems to be 'meh'. You had severe programming issues that have caused a lot of players to lose entire elixirs' worth of time farming the event and haven't mentioned any way of compensating for that. The consolation seems to be 'oh well. Feel free to spend what you have and buy more if you want more'.

I think the responses you've received already highlight how the playerbase feel, a latest slap in the face on the back of the item crafting cost. People will be torn now between lockboxing and praying they get lucky or waiting a few hours to see if Venan can salvage goodwill from players for this event. If not, the bar has been set pretty low for Halloween. People will expect a lot of Venan in that event now, after a lot of missteps and bad decisions.

And yeah, this was flagged way in advance when we noticed the shop closure times were wrong. That was a fairly big clue.
Illy_the_Red

Postby Sigèé » Mon Sep 26, 2016 3:19 pm

Expecting a lot from Halloween? If this mess isn't sorted out a hell of a lot better I for one won't be expecting anything from Halloween because I won't be playing BoH any more :-/
Sigèé

PreviousNext

Return to Latest News