Were-Chef Event 2016 - UPDATED

News for Book of Heroes.

Re: Were-Chef Event 2016

Postby Illy_the_Red » Fri Aug 12, 2016 5:59 am

Also interested in how much the recipe is for the craftable necklace, how many materials it will take and whether it's achievable without burning.
Illy_the_Red

Postby Bbbb » Fri Aug 12, 2016 12:16 pm

Illy_the_Red wrote:whether it's achievable without burning.

Speaking of which, I hope this issue is addressed for the Halloween event. That event is the worst. 1 you have to buy the pumpkin. 2 you have to be on for each portal from start to finish. 3 even then and you don't sleep, you still have to burn.
Bbbb

Postby Kotara » Fri Aug 12, 2016 2:58 pm

Can someone at Venan look at the spawn times for this event post? If the event starts @ 18:00, Either the end time is wrong ( last spawn 20:00 or 23:30?) or the verbiage of "wait time: 3.5" is wrong except between the first and second spawn and it's a wait time of 3 hrs after the 2nd spawn. This is also assuming Venan doesn't intend to have a set schedule for spawn times as 30 min durations and 3.5 wait time means they would spawn every 4 hrs. Either way something isn't right with the post. Thank you
Kotara

Postby Errör_Phåse404 » Fri Aug 12, 2016 3:16 pm

Kotara wrote:Can someone at Venan look at the spawn times for this event post? If the event starts @ 18:00, Either the end time is wrong ( last spawn 20:00 or 23:30?) or the verbiage of "wait time: 3.5" is wrong except between the first and second spawn and it's a wait time of 3 hrs after the 2nd spawn. This is also assuming Venan doesn't intend to have a set schedule for spawn times as 30 min durations and 3.5 wait time means they would spawn every 4 hrs. Either way something isn't right with the post. Thank you

The 3.5 includes the spawn duration. So 3 hours after a spawn ends there will be another spawn.

Either way We have an event timer now that tells us when the next spawn will be.
Errör_Phåse404

Postby Kotara » Fri Aug 12, 2016 3:41 pm

Phåse404 wrote:
Kotara wrote:Can someone at Venan look at the spawn times for this event post?

Either way something isn't right with the post. Thank you

The 3.5 includes the spawn duration. So 3 hours after a spawn ends there will be another spawn.

Either way We have an event timer now that tells us when the next spawn will be.

Thx Phase. I forgot about the timer. I've been playing too long without it and can't quite get use it having it.

Needless to say I figured there was just a typographical error on all the posts. It just not possible to have a last spawn time @ 20:30. :)
Kotara

Postby Illy_the_Red » Fri Aug 12, 2016 5:50 pm

Bbbb wrote:
Illy_the_Red wrote:whether it's achievable without burning.

Speaking of which, I hope this issue is addressed for the Halloween event. That event is the worst. 1 you have to buy the pumpkin. 2 you have to be on for each portal from start to finish. 3 even then and you don't sleep, you still have to burn.

+1

It's been pointed out loads of times that the Halloween event needs a re-tool, many players skip that event completely. I think I've completely ignored the last two, because I know casual (non-burning) players can't get the T19 cape. I hope that isn't the case with the chef - this is usually one of the better events of the year and is usually pretty fair in terms of what you can get if you invest a bit of time.
Illy_the_Red

Postby InsertNameHere » Fri Aug 12, 2016 6:38 pm

Disclaimer: This is going to sound snarky no matter how I write it. It's not meant that way, but as an honest question with no offence intended to others.

Now that's outta the way...

As a casual player who doesn't plan his life around this kinda stuff, and pops on a few times a day when I feel like it, is there any point in paying attention to this event? I reckon I might get one portal a day, most days. Probably less than ten altogether over the event. I have a pretty strong inkling that I won't get any event items from that, and that the T21 is right out, permanently.

So, seeing as people are saying that it's likely to require hitting the majority of the portals, and possibly burning $, to get anything of worth - should I just ignore it altogether?

Again, I don't mean any offence to people who do play / care more than I do - this is an honest query based on my own situation.
InsertNameHere

Postby Kenner » Fri Aug 12, 2016 9:42 pm

Chimichanga wrote:Disclaimer: This is going to sound snarky no matter how I write it. It's not meant that way, but as an honest question with no offence intended to others.

As a casual player who doesn't plan his life around this kinda stuff, and pops on a few times a day when I feel like it, is there any point in paying attention to this event? I reckon I might get one portal a day, most days. Probably less than ten altogether over the event. I have a pretty strong inkling that I won't get any event items from that, and that the T21 is right out, permanently.

So, seeing as people are saying that it's likely to require hitting the majority of the portals, and possibly burning $, to get anything of worth - should I just ignore it altogether?

Again, I don't mean any offence to people who do play / care more than I do - this is an honest query based on my own situation.

If only playing casual for a few silverware I would go for lockboxes. It might be nothing but who knows you might get the t19/21.

One recommemdable item this year is the deviled egg recipe
Kenner

Postby Illy_the_Red » Sat Aug 13, 2016 4:24 pm

Chimichanga wrote:Disclaimer: This is going to sound snarky no matter how I write it. It's not meant that way, but as an honest question with no offence intended to others.

The good events (Chef, Christmas Goblin, Tragick, and now the Pirate one) are worth hitting as a casual player if you can get on for as many as is reasonably possible. Throw as much as your e at it and save for the decent stuff such as high tier items or decent recipes. Any spare event currency should be lockboxed just before event end.

The bad events make this approach impossible. Halloween requires burning whether you have the lantern or not and if you hit every spawn. Lucky requires you drop cash or get obscenely lucky in a lockbox.

Overall, see if you can free enough time to hit plenty of times, you should be able to save enough to get what you want. If not, lockbox it all at the end and see if you get lucky.
Illy_the_Red

Postby Illy_the_Red » Sat Aug 13, 2016 4:25 pm

Illy_the_Red wrote:Also interested in how much the recipe is for the craftable necklace, how many materials it will take and whether it's achievable without burning.

Any answer, please? It would help with planning which toons to use etc.
Illy_the_Red

PreviousNext

Return to Latest News