Lucky the Leprechaun Event 2017/ 2016

News for Book of Heroes.

Re: Lucky the Leprechaun Event 2016

Postby Bbbb » Fri Mar 18, 2016 9:05 am

Illy_the_Red wrote:They don't understand that the they're being received so neagatively because people don't want to use them with such restrictions.

Not understanding the players has been an ongoing problem (being in the software industry myself - they are not alone in this). I wish Venan would put a few longtime knowledgeable players under an NDA and run their ideas by them for feedback before implementing them.

Unstable, T8/T14 and lucky gems have all been flawed. The unstable and lucky can be fixed with relatively minor tweaks. But I think the T8/T14s are based on a fundamentally bad concept.
Bbbb

Postby Illy_the_Red » Fri Mar 18, 2016 9:40 am

Bbbb wrote:
Illy_the_Red wrote:They don't understand that the they're being received so neagatively because people don't want to use them with such restrictions.

Not understanding the players has been an ongoing problem (being in the software industry myself - they are not alone in this). I wish Venan would put a few longtime knowledgeable players under an NDA and run their ideas by them for feedback before implementing them.

Unstable, T8/T14 and lucky gems have all been flawed. The unstable and lucky can be fixed with relatively minor tweaks. But I think the T8/T14s are based on a fundamentally bad concept.

I and probably others suggested it a long while back after the first Pirate Raid debacle - get some players with top toons of varying might together and get some feedback. It's pretty common in some industries (like diagnostics) to get feedback from the customer on what they think of upcoming/potential products. If te customer knows what they're getting is what they want, they buy it.

I can imagine which folk they'd 'randomly' pick (cynicism intended). I do applaud the creation of this thread though.
Illy_the_Red

Postby BattlinBev » Fri Mar 18, 2016 11:10 am

Whoever laid out this event either did not have their coffee or left their brains home. Had they had fixed prices of clover for each item then this was not bad idea. This event by far is one of the WORST concepts ever! Just got 5 clovers and received 10k silver....BIG WHOOP
On the bright side...this too shall pass
Sincerely
Disgusted
BattlinBev

Postby Bbbb » Fri Mar 18, 2016 11:25 am

BattlinBev wrote:Whoever laid out this event either did not have their coffee or left their brains home. Had they had fixed prices of clover for each item then this was not bad idea. This event by far is one of the WORST concepts ever! Just got 5 clovers and received 10k silver....BIG WHOOP

Well, the 10k silver is the biggest slap in the face. That would be resolve potions and fortune elixirs. However, the 5 clovers and the prizes are nothing new. Been that way since 2013.
Bbbb

Postby Jumper » Fri Mar 18, 2016 12:04 pm

Bbbb wrote:

Pretty obvious B4..... It's because that would involve planning and thinking about the game... instead of ad hoc , thrown together updates
Jumper

Postby TheAllMighty » Fri Mar 18, 2016 3:13 pm

Agree this "event" is pretty bad. A single clover per kill with no other loot is a negative compared to any other encounter. Plus farming clovers for random lockboxes is a significant waste of time and "e" (although getting 21 hs/kill means it's not 100% useless). Sorry Venan but I'm not seeing any reason for enjoyment or excitement from this "event" :(
TheAllMighty

Postby Errör_Phåse404 » Fri Mar 18, 2016 3:25 pm

Should have increased the spawn rate to like 50% and left the lockbox rate alone.

Rather get a lot of spawns and crap items than a low spawn rate and crap items. :/
Errör_Phåse404

Postby TheAllMighty » Fri Mar 18, 2016 3:30 pm

Phåse404 wrote:Should have increased the spawn rate to like 50% and left the lockbox rate alone.

Rather get a lot of spawns and crap items than a low spawn rate and crap items. :/

+1 LOL
TheAllMighty

Postby Illy_the_Red » Fri Mar 18, 2016 6:49 pm

The spawn rate for Lucky does seem particularly bad. Multiple times I've heard people say they're getting 1-2 per 50e (that seems my average too). Considering the lockbox costs 5 per instead of the 1 like in every other event, and the gs-only (unless you're incredibly lucky) items, this event is as poor as it always is.
Illy_the_Red

Postby _Raiden » Fri Mar 18, 2016 10:33 pm

All this just seem like you dont want us to grow our toon venan. Seriousely you need to
Let us GROW our toons!!
You know if u had made the lucky gems yellow even if it remain as a T7 i believe most would have been happier. Stop restricting our growth and please let us grow.

What you should also be doing is helping the newer players might up faster too.

Do think about it
_Raiden

PreviousNext

Return to Latest News