Tragick Valentine Event 2016

News for Book of Heroes.

Re: Tragick Valentine Event 2016

Postby etwister » Mon Feb 08, 2016 2:26 am

CheMClarc wrote:
etwister wrote:What do you mean with ''a reduction'?

The effectiveness of gems of that color will be reduced by 20%. This allows players to favor one particular attribute over another depending on their current gem layout.

Thanks CheM. Other question: what happen to that reduction if I equip more than 1 gem? Does reduction increase or remain at 20%?
etwister

Postby YvYs5 » Mon Feb 08, 2016 3:27 am

thats why they introduce white gem7 ,
and the training base part is not affected.

its ,from my point of view, an acceptable compromize
things will be different if the game start with 12 enchants level ,tier 20 ,
extra pur essences, heroic valor,gem8 ,...etc

i start beta , and i buy gem 5and 6, long time before 2 enchant idea pop up
theres no way to compensate that , will be worst now with graver...

for the new penalized gem8 , idea is not have full gear filled with , x2 bonus location
are useless ,no real need do chart for see it...but at least it add new diversity to build
toon , pvp should return bit more funny...

so we see . for now Thanks venan ...
( hard to not give tactical advice and explain things !!!)

YvyS
YvYs5

Postby Illy_the_Red » Mon Feb 08, 2016 3:58 am

What's this then?

Tragick's Unstable Gem of Rage: +16 Melee Multiplier with a reduction to yellow gems

I said:

'Not the Tragick ones, the new T8s'.

Even those look pointless if you're going to lose 20% of the haste/crit/dodge from your gems.
Illy_the_Red

Postby MrRaabla » Mon Feb 08, 2016 9:16 am

Why not wait to see what they are and exactly what they do before making decisions if you like them or not. Bottom line, it still is a game and not a career move...or I should hope not anyway.
MrRaabla

Postby Bbbb » Mon Feb 08, 2016 10:16 am

MrRaabla wrote:Why not wait to see what they are and exactly what they do before making decisions if you like them or not. Bottom line, it still is a game and not a career move...or I should hope not anyway.

Venan's track record of explaining things correctly in-game is spotty so we are asking for clarification in advance. Personally, I am trying to decide whether to bail on the event as I have done on the last few.
Bbbb

Postby CheMClarc » Mon Feb 08, 2016 12:05 pm

Bbbb wrote:
CheMClarc wrote:
etwister wrote:What do you mean with ''a reduction'?

The effectiveness of gems of that color will be reduced by 20%. This allows players to favor one particular attribute over another depending on their current gem layout.

Maybe I am missing something, but the numbers make no sense. In my current mage build, a magic gem would increase me from 1064 to 1216 on that one gem. My current total magic is 20,330 which leads to an unmodified damage increase of 2011. From experience, that's maybe a gain of 5 damage.

To get that, I'm giving up 20% of about 6K crit, 1K dodge, and 5K haste (all rounded down to try to offset the non-gem part of those numbers). Or about 2400 points. It would NEVER be worth it.

Do you mean that it will reduce the effectiveness of the gems of that color ON THE SAME PIECE OF EQUIPMENT by 20%? If so, that would mean a 14% increase in one stat vs a 20% decrease of another assuming one gem each. Given diminishing returns though, it is much worse than that. The ONLY case I can think of where this makes any logical sense to do the tradeoff is when you have an OP Mage/Justi build that doesn't care about defense (true in today's PvE with enough might) and you could squeeze out a tiny bit of crit/haste. There isn't enough there to even begin to tweak my interest.. If I could do magic/melee with a reduction in blue, I might be slightly interested.

I have adjusted the reduction from 20% to 10% to address your concerns. The reductions only affect the gems of that color in the same piece of equipment that you put the unstable gem in. Some players have reached diminishing returns on stats so they need to keep that in mind but the reduction in the negative effects should make these a bit more appealing to everyone for the event.
Michael aka "CheMClarc"
Associate Producer
Like BoH on Facebook! http://facebook.com/bookofheroes
Follow BoH on Twitter! http://twitter.com/bookofheroes
CheMClarc

Postby Bbbb » Mon Feb 08, 2016 1:04 pm

Thank you for looking at my concerns and making an adjustment. With this change, the benefits may outweigh the cons though I will have to give it some thought when I have time.
Bbbb

Postby Derrin_Watson » Mon Feb 08, 2016 1:36 pm

CheMClarc wrote:
I have adjusted the reduction from 20% to 10% to address your concerns. The reductions only affect the gems of that color in the same piece of equipment that you put the unstable gem in. Some players have reached diminishing returns on stats so they need to keep that in mind but the reduction in the negative effects should make these a bit more appealing to everyone for the event.

Way to go. Thanks for both the adjustment and the clarification.
Derrin_Watson

Postby YvYs5 » Mon Feb 08, 2016 2:25 pm

niceexplanation !

story line is unlock now ,with lot of possibilty , whitout penelize buyers.
so majority of players should be happy !
;)
YvYs5

Postby beekeo » Mon Feb 08, 2016 4:49 pm

A point of clarification:
One Tragick tier 8 Red gem will reduce the Point Value of any Yellow gem equipped on the same piece of equipment by 10%.

It will NOT drop your Haste Rating from 38% to 28%.

In my quick test using tier 7 gems on a 70k Might SW with tier 18 chest armor, Magic Damage went up 12 points and Haste lost 0.2%

If you are near Max Might now you are up at the sharp edges of the diminishing returns. So you will be micromanaging your gem type placements to maximize improvement while minimizing losses to stats that are important to you.
beekeo

PreviousNext

Return to Latest News