Talk Like a Pirate Day event

News for Book of Heroes.

Re: Talk Like a Pirate Day event

Postby Buliwyf » Tue Sep 22, 2015 10:11 pm

Again another crappy event for the people who can't play all day or pay for gs with real money.... lock boxes are a joke (as I found with lower toons) and 18000 for 2 pieces of equip... I get you don't want everyone to be able to get all the items.... hey that's kool I like that .... but to make you choose either
1 maybe both t19 or a few of the lower items is crappy... t19 should have been half the price they are so overpriced but so should most of the items... most players here are adults that have busy lives and have no way to ever get everything in 1 week.. bad move veanen
Buliwyf

Postby Mr_Op » Tue Sep 22, 2015 10:21 pm

The math was you only had to hit 3 raids a day just dumping 50 e to get the gear
Mr_Op

Postby Buliwyf » Tue Sep 22, 2015 11:00 pm

Sàlád_Op wrote:The math was you only had to hit 3 raids a day just dumping 50 e to get the gear

Great if you got that much time. As I said most people dont
Buliwyf

Postby Errör_Phåse404 » Tue Sep 22, 2015 11:30 pm

Buliwyf wrote:
Sàlád_Op wrote:The math was you only had to hit 3 raids a day just dumping 50 e to get the gear

Great if you got that much time. As I said most people dont

Seems like most people do since you are the only one to make this complaint so far....
Errör_Phåse404

Postby Nek_the_Moshi_Finger » Wed Sep 23, 2015 12:15 am

That math is bad. At 50e, gold raid each time, that gets you about 480 doubloons each raid. X 3/day X 12 Days = 17280. A little short. And that is just for the T19 chest and gloves at 18K doubloons. Add 7K for the eye patches and you are needing 25K. Add another 9K for the SW T19 offhand (SW got shafted last year with no offhand available) and any SW toon needs 34K doubloons to purchase all the new items for this year's event. Essentially, SW toons get shafted again as most, hitting more than 3 raids/day or burning e-pots/GS, will have to make a choice of 2 of the 3 T19 available to it.

Yes, lockboxes are an option, but that is basically gambling. And after my luck last year with the Halloween event of 116 Lockbox attempts with one toon and NOT scoring a single event item, I don't trust lockboxes at all!

My 2 cents.
Nek_the_Moshi_Finger

Postby Saraa » Wed Sep 23, 2015 1:23 am

Nek_the_Moshi_Finger wrote:

That math is bad. At 50e, gold raid each time, that gets you about 480 doubloons each raid. X 3/day X 12 Days = 17280. A little short. And that is just for the T19 chest and gloves at 18K doubloons. Add 7K for the eye patches and you are needing 25K. Add another 9K for the SW T19 offhand (SW got shafted last year with no offhand available) and any SW toon needs 34K doubloons to purchase all the new items for this year's event. Essentially, SW toons get shafted again as most, hitting more than 3 raids/day or burning e-pots/GS, will have to make a choice of 2 of the 3 T19 available to it.

Yes, lockboxes are an option, but that is basically gambling. And after my luck last year with the Halloween event of 116 Lockbox attempts with one toon and NOT scoring a single event item, I don't trust lockboxes at all!

My 2 cents.

Man...venan can't win here. People complain that there's no t19 offhand for SW and now that it's here someone else complains that they are getting no shafted again? The fact that Venan made it manageable(yes, manageable) to get the gloves and coat without burning is nice. If you want all the extra new stuff, guess what? Buy GS! This is a free to play game but if you expect Venan to just hand everything to you, grow up. It's not hard. Prioritize!!!! Hit as much as you can and then figure out what you can get towards the end of the event. Hell, the weekly quest even gives a comm 2 elixir so there's an auto 10% price reduction. Rather than complain about how you can't get everything, maybe figure out what you can get and work towards it. Not everything is even or equal...that's life. If you don't accept, you're going to constantly be let down or disappointed in your RL normal day to day activity.
Saraa

Postby Illy_the_Red » Wed Sep 23, 2015 5:37 am

This is as fair as things are going to get with events. This one is more of a grind this year with 3 items for SW, but I'd rather have the three items. I sympathise for those that didn't have any energy pots, because it's much harder with only standard e. I've been able to throw over 30 large energy potions at this event and I'm still only just below the 18k doubloons mark.

Let's have some more understanding for casual players, but on the flip side it should be fairly straightforward for non-SW to get what they want.

Getting these items isn't even the painful part. That comes later when I transfer level VII and VIII enchants. They haven't dropped the price of gravers so everyone is still limited in how much transferring they can actually do. Pointless dropping the pure essence cost if it still costs a million silver/20gs per graver.
Illy_the_Red

Postby Bango » Wed Sep 23, 2015 6:52 am

Nek_the_Moshi_Finger wrote:

My 2 cents.

Use Stamina-elixir during weekend + Commerce 2 from the weekly event and 24.300 all of a sudden itnt that hard for even the casual player.
Bango

Postby Sparklefarkle » Wed Sep 23, 2015 7:02 am

The event (and the game) are optional. I'm simply hitting as much as I can and if I can't buy what I wanted by the end, I shall lockbox. As I recall, blood oranges are an awesome consumable :D
Sparklefarkle

Postby Darthanim » Thu Sep 24, 2015 5:02 am

Is there a reason this event can't be onslaught? It would seem to lend itself to this. My personal recommendation would be the first 2 phases be 4e like COC and then Captain Darkthorn be 10e and drop more items like the other holiday events. I think this would make this event be a "must" for almost everyone. Thank you.
Darthanim

PreviousNext

Return to Latest News