Were-Chef Event

News for Book of Heroes.

Re: Were-Chef Event

Postby Derrin_Watson » Tue Jul 07, 2015 11:07 pm

Thank you. I have corrected the schedule.

Derrin
Derrin_Watson

Postby Krazman » Thu Jul 09, 2015 6:03 am

Shard drops are totally messed up. I have 5 level 35 toon and 2 level 31 and none of them have recieved a single shard in 50+ kills while my 3 level 28 to 30 toon have recieved 1-3 of every color t4 shard EVERY time. My wife has 5 leve 33-35 toons that have recieved no shards, and her 2 mid 20s toons are again getting all 3 colors for every kill. Her other toon startedout getting shards at lvl 19 BUT when she dinged 20bshe stopped getting shards at all. This total inconsistancyy with the stated fac that shard drops are random and that is why they don't always drop is blatently obvious.
Krazman

Postby Illy_the_Red » Thu Jul 09, 2015 10:16 am

Still haven't seen a single shard drop, 140+ kills across three toons. It can't be working properly.
Illy_the_Red

Postby MrRaabla » Thu Jul 09, 2015 12:17 pm

There was a glitch. No shard drops for the over Level 30 crowd. Life goes on.....
MrRaabla

Postby CheMClarc » Thu Jul 09, 2015 1:18 pm

With further review, it appears that the shards were not categorized properly for level 30 to 35 characters so that they are not dropping for players in that level range. We have corrected this in our database to ensure that it is correct for the next event but unfortunately we will not be pushing DLC during the event. Fortunately, this issue allows the chance of other categories like Food, Valor, Potions and Kitchenware to drop more frequently for players while the shards are not active. Tier 5 and 6 shards can be found in select dungeons across the Vile Realm.
Michael aka "CheMClarc"
Associate Producer
Like BoH on Facebook! http://facebook.com/bookofheroes
Follow BoH on Twitter! http://twitter.com/bookofheroes
CheMClarc

Postby CheMClarc » Thu Jul 09, 2015 1:24 pm

Krazman wrote:Shard drops are totally messed up. I have 5 level 35 toon and 2 level 31 and none of them have recieved a single shard in 50+ kills while my 3 level 28 to 30 toon have recieved 1-3 of every color t4 shard EVERY time. My wife has 5 leve 33-35 toons that have recieved no shards, and her 2 mid 20s toons are again getting all 3 colors for every kill. Her other toon startedout getting shards at lvl 19 BUT when she dinged 20bshe stopped getting shards at all. This total inconsistancyy with the stated fac that shard drops are random and that is why they don't always drop is blatently obvious.

The dependency checks used for the drops are missing the level 20 by using level 10-19 and level 21-30 ranges. We need to audit the use of these checks in other parts of the game before we can address this issue.
Michael aka "CheMClarc"
Associate Producer
Like BoH on Facebook! http://facebook.com/bookofheroes
Follow BoH on Twitter! http://twitter.com/bookofheroes
CheMClarc

Postby Illy_the_Red » Thu Jul 09, 2015 6:38 pm

CheMClarc wrote:With further review, it appears that the shards were not categorized properly for level 30 to 35 characters so that they are not dropping for players in that level range. We have corrected this in our database to ensure that it is correct for the next event but unfortunately we will not be pushing DLC during the event. Fortunately, this issue allows the chance of other categories like Food, Valor, Potions and Kitchenware to drop more frequently for players while the shards are not active. Tier 5 and 6 shards can be found in select dungeons across the Vile Realm.

Valour is inconsequential, the only pots people want are e pots and those hardly drop and the kitchenware is sold for minimal silver. Plus without OS the food is meh. So it's not quite as positive as you try to paint it. Also, we're well aware you can get shards in dungeons, that has no relevance to this glitch.
Illy_the_Red

Postby Deathtomonsters » Fri Jul 10, 2015 7:00 pm

As unlikely as this is to actually happen I think it's obvious there is an easy fix. Venan clearly meant for there to be shards so it's not like giving something away for free to appease whining. Just look at how many times each player has completed the event at the end of the spawning and send a one time reward with say even one shard per kill.

Seems simple enough though I guess that assumes they keep the data on number of kills...though I'm pretty sure that's a feat so they probably do
Deathtomonsters

Postby Sim0n » Sun Jul 12, 2015 6:22 pm

I was happy to get food instead of shards since I would have exhanged them for silver anyway. Now I have so much food that I'll be able to be buffed up in lob/kfs for almost a year.

I liked the resolve and e pots drops too even though I think the drop rate could have been higher.

The event was a nice change of things for a few days, but I'm still hoping for an update in 2015 (apart from the ones for the pirates event, halloween and Xmas obviously...). Thx VENAN
Sim0n

Postby Illy_the_Red » Mon Jul 13, 2015 10:41 am

The last spawn time on your info is 1730 server. The countdown on my display is already gone, so has the last spawn already ended? I remember a similar issue in the past with an event timer, I think it was chef but not sure.
Illy_the_Red

PreviousNext

Return to Latest News