Halloween in Glenfort!

News for Book of Heroes.

Re: Halloween in Glenfort!

Postby Merketa » Wed Oct 23, 2013 9:08 am

And just where has it been *stated* by Venan that the tier 15 weapon is only for SW and only relevant to PVP?

Merketa
Merketa

Postby 91Romeo » Wed Oct 23, 2013 9:17 am

It's a tier15 one handed weapon. Only useful to SW in PvE and those who use a one handed weapon in PvP.
Well justi and Mage can use it in PvE but it would decrease their damage. So it's not useful to them in my opinion.
91Romeo

Postby DreamingDæmon » Wed Oct 23, 2013 9:34 am

Poor old Venan. They just can't get a break. They run a special holiday event, with the best weapon yet available, and all they get is complaints.

But let's look at the alternatives:
*t15 1h weapon - everyone complains about it only being for SWs and PvP
* t14 weapon - everyone complains it's no better than the current CV / top pvp weapon.
* t13 weapon - everyone complains it's just the frying pan with a different skin and not worth their time as not as powerful as t14.
* lower weapon - everyone complains it's not worth their time
* armour piece - everyone complains that it's not a weapon and doesn't fit their current set
* 2h weapon - everyone complains it can't be used in pvp or by SWs.

What's a developer to do? A 1h weapon can be used by any class. If a player wishes to use it, they can. If they CHOOSE NOT TO USE IT, they don't have to. Yes! Your Mage can use it! So can your Justi! EVEN *shock* in PvE!!

Personally, I love these events. They're a bit of fun, a change from the normal grind of raids and farming mats. I love the humour that gets interjected XD
And I say this as (primarily) a 2h Justi who does not PvP, so to whom a 1h t15 is a pretty bauble to stash in inventory and never use. I'll be doing the event for the event's sake!

This event hasn't even started, and the complaining is running away and threatening to overshadow the event. Take part. Don't take part. Whatever. But be aware that the more people who complain about an event being "unfair, waahhh", the more likely that the developer is just gonna say "Y'know what? Screw it." and not run them in future, or run them with prizes that are either purely cosmetic, or not available across the board.

Venan, I appreciate the work and thought you guys are putting in. The excitement I've seen in chat channels says I'm not the only one.
Good Job, guys!
DreamingDæmon

Postby Cletus » Wed Oct 23, 2013 9:56 am

DreamingDaemon wrote:Poor old Venan. They just can't get a break. They run a special holiday event, with the best weapon yet available, and all they get is complaints.

* t14 weapon - everyone complains it's no better than the current CV / top pvp weapon.
* t13 weapon - everyone complains it's just the frying pan with a different skin and not worth their time as not as powerful as t14.
* armour piece - everyone complains that it's not a weapon and doesn't fit their current set

What's a developer to do? A 1h weapon can be used by any class. If a player wishes to use it, they can. If they CHOOSE NOT TO USE IT, they don't have to. Yes! Your Mage can use it! So can your Justi! EVEN *shock* in PvE!!

Personally, I love these events. They're a bit of fun, a change from the normal grind of raids and farming mats. I love the humour that gets interjected XD
And I say this as (primarily) a 2h Justi who does not PvP, so to whom a 1h t15 is a pretty bauble to stash in inventory and never use. I'll be doing the event for the event's sake!

This event hasn't even started, and the complaining is running away and threatening to overshadow the event. Take part. Don't take part. Whatever. But be aware that the more people who complain about an event being "unfair, waahhh", the more likely that the developer is just gonna say "Y'know what? Screw it." and not run them in future, or run them with prizes that are either purely cosmetic, or not available across the board.

Venan, I appreciate the work and thought you guys are putting in. The excitement I've seen in chat channels says I'm not the only one.
Good Job, guys!

Very Well Said!!! And thank you Venan for another fun event :)
Cletus

Seasonal Gear

Postby Bj_Knows » Wed Oct 23, 2013 10:20 am

Raible wrote:SWs get a T15 and the rest of us don't.

MY PERSONAL OPINION

I do not work for Venan.

For Seasonal Events, they only have gear that all classes can use, such as a Old Fry Pan 1.0 Speed and a Headless Horseman Axe 1.1 Speed (my 5 gs bet).

I imagine that August 2014 will bring a Were Chef with a Tier 15 Old Frying Pan 1.0 Speed.

Looks like Venan is moving to 3 items per Season Event. TLAPD had two Hats and a Cloak.

They seem to be alternating 10 day Seasonal Events with 4 day Seasonal Events, eventually having a Seasonal Event every month. If true, starting this Month it is Tier 15 Axe, Tier 15 Sword, Tier 15 Armor, Tier 15 Amulet, and Tier 15 Cloak plus Karnak's Ring. March did not get Gear, that leaves 2 more months with no items.
Volunteer- donating BLOOD to Red Cross, SWEAT to Forums.

Bj_Knows

AKA
GM= Things Guilds Were Not Meant to Know
Bj_DWR
BjKnows
Gryphonknight= Ingress, Pokemon, Empires & Puzzles (& Miikeeyy)
CEO of Bee jay Industries
Bj_the_SPOON
BjofCJandBj
Bj_Knows

Postby Possessed_Mithrid » Wed Oct 23, 2013 10:29 am

japster wrote:Really don't know why you guys would ONLY offer a T15 1h weapon when it's clear that not everyone uses a 1h in PvE. Of course if they made a 2h version, it would mean they had to make a shield and an off-hand weapon as well...might have been too much work...

Then why even give a weapon to create even more imbalance? PvP has balance issues, and this just makes balance WORSE in PvE. You guys could have just given a t15 armor piece that everyone could use instead in all circumstances fairly.

SIGH. T-15, FIFTEEN. Such an unfair advantage for SW in PvE, and it's not even clear why they should get this advantage. Come on Venan, lower it down to a t14 weapon so non-SW won't get disadvantaged in PvE.

I'm assuming t15 also means the weapon's base min and max damage will be higher than t14, besides stats multiplier for gems. This is a HUGE damage boost.

Hush Japster! :)
You're just butt hurt that our WM are being PWND in KFS by SW and this will only make it worse. :D :lol: :lol:
Possessed_Mithrid

Postby Merketa » Wed Oct 23, 2013 11:09 am

Well, I'm looking forward to the event. My Justicar uses a 1H weapon so this might be just up her street.

Merketa
Merketa

Postby japster » Wed Oct 23, 2013 2:49 pm

Mithrid wrote:
japster wrote:Really don't know why you guys would ONLY offer a T15 1h weapon when it's clear that not everyone uses a 1h in PvE. Of course if they made a 2h version, it would mean they had to make a shield and an off-hand weapon as well...might have been too much work...

Then why even give a weapon to create even more imbalance? PvP has balance issues, and this just makes balance WORSE in PvE. You guys could have just given a t15 armor piece that everyone could use instead in all circumstances fairly.

SIGH. T-15, FIFTEEN. Such an unfair advantage for SW in PvE, and it's not even clear why they should get this advantage. Come on Venan, lower it down to a t14 weapon so non-SW won't get disadvantaged in PvE.

I'm assuming t15 also means the weapon's base min and max damage will be higher than t14, besides stats multiplier for gems. This is a HUGE damage boost.

Hush Japster! :)
You're just butt hurt that our WM are being PWND in KFS by SW and this will only make it worse. :D :lol: :lol:

Oh I'm butthurt alright :( lol :lol:
japster

Postby 91Romeo » Wed Oct 23, 2013 4:29 pm

No complaints from me. I have a SW that will love the weapon ;)
91Romeo

Postby CrzyHopper » Wed Oct 23, 2013 6:44 pm

DreamingDaemon wrote:Poor old Venan. They just can't get a break. They run a special holiday event, with the best weapon yet available, and all they get is complaints.

Good Job, guys!

I agree. Quit your bitching. I have 2 toons that won't use that weapon but I'm ok with that.

I can't believe all the whining lately about FREE stuff and SPECIAL events. Simply put, if you don't like it, don't play it.
CrzyHopper

PreviousNext

Return to Latest News