The Were-Chef!- 2013

News for Book of Heroes.

Re: The Were-Chef!

Postby Turia » Sat Aug 03, 2013 10:09 am

Like most I'm going to add my voice that I think changing the timing mid event was a Horrendous thing to do.
One of my toons which I started on is slow and only on 42e but I was on schedule to get 100 with it on the original timetable

As of yesterday I gave up as I did the maths and simply could not make enough hits in the days left unless I burned gold shields /pots. (Which I don't have)

We raid every day, every week, every month. I can't believe you got so many complaints about one week of a fun event! But more importantly that you paid attention to them :/

Like someone said above , if less ppl were raiding its because they were enjoying the event you gave them. So why kill that ?!
Turia

Postby FreckleBunny » Sat Aug 03, 2013 11:33 pm

Are the holiday events yearly events? Will they come back up each year? If we didn't complete were-chef this time, can we try again next summer? I've noticed all the holiday events have feats that go with them, I'm hoping we'll have another chance to complete them.
FreckleBunny

Postby Rockstar » Sun Aug 04, 2013 7:31 am

Since there hasn't been a Venan response since Wednesday, one can assume they don't have a legitimate answer to the points raised.

I wish you all luck and the best. This game has lost a lot of luster after the PVP rollout and now this.

Capitalism says don't whine, vote with your wallet. So this is it for me. You guys have been a great community.

Perhaps Venan will go back to content that's good for casual players again someday when they remember this is a cell phone game people play on the go.

Have fun people!
Rockstar

Postby Archangelraziel » Mon Aug 05, 2013 2:34 am

Doubt ill get a response but will there be one last were chef??? I'm at 99 kills. You changed the schedule but not the end time so technically it's over. Any clue???
Archangelraziel

Postby BG_Neeeky » Mon Aug 05, 2013 4:43 am

Archangelraziel wrote:Doubt ill get a response but will there be one last were chef??? I'm at 99 kills. You changed the schedule but not the end time so technically it's over. Any clue???

I second to that! :!:
As per old schedule the event had to end at 8:00am GMT and since the event itself starts a second earlier (so that should have been at 7:59:59am GMT) there was supposed to be one more round today morning. But as per the new schedule the event effectively ended 5:00am GMT.

VERY disappointing! :cry: :twisted:
BG_Neeeky

Postby Say892 » Tue Aug 06, 2013 12:50 am

Once the schedule changed, I actually just gave up on Friday. With the original schedule, I could hit 3 times every two hours (I had 36e max) and it'd regen in time. Now with the new shedule I still could only hit 3 times but now every 3.5 hours. With work and sleep, this became quickly impossible. Didn't want to face the same fate before with Lucky (4/5 lockboxes and didn't find a sham rock, as I spent my clovers before they made it easier to get one...)
Say892

Postby Romain » Wed Aug 07, 2013 8:43 am

Now that the event is finished, I’d like to share my thoughts (assuming Venan still reads this topic).

I very much enjoyed the fact that the event was not luck based. It was purely a reward for dedication, and it was a bit easier for people with guild loyalty or faster energy regen, which is fine. There is a bit of luck in whether you’ll get 2 energy pots or 3 out of 100 kills, and whether you’ll get the golden spoon or not, but it’s rather insignificant compared to the energy you spend on it and the final reward. So, a small bonus if you get it and no big deal if you don’t. All good.

I enjoyed the regular schedule too, which made it easier to know when to log on without having to keep track of changing times daily.

The attacks were fun as usual although I have a small comment: the name for “secret mix of herbs and spice” (or something like that) was too long. The issue is that you have to wait 1 or 2 seconds for the text to scroll before knowing how much time left until it completes. It may not look like much but, when you’re in a hurry to dump on several toons, every little bit helps.

I notice that all three level 13 items we got so far can receive Amber enchants. I would have preferred a bit more variety (e.g. leg armor rather than bracers).

Overall it’s my favourite event so far, and I’m glad it allowed me to jump one of my enchants from 4 to 6. Thank you Venan.

I’d just like to join the crowd on the schedule change, hopefully you’ll take it into account for the future:
  • As I said I liked the regular schedule better.
  • On normal regen, we suddenly dropped from being able to kill 3 times every 2 hours (4 with guild favours) to 4 times every 3.5h (5 with guild favors). That’s a 30% decrease (40% with favors). Luckily I was almost done so it only took me a day more but it’s tough on people who were right on track;
  • The justification given is “people were raiding less because they were doing the event”. The information here is “people wanted to do the event”. So, making it harder for people to do the event is not going to make anyone happy. Guilds have changed their schedule to accommodate for conditions countless times, I can’t see why they couldn’t do it again.
  • So many times have people complained about Venan’s lack of communication and sudden changes and… it happens again.
Romain

Postby Illy_the_Red » Wed Aug 07, 2013 11:16 am

We raid every day, every week, every month. I can't believe you got so many complaints about one week of a fun event! But more importantly that you paid attention to them :/

Couldn't agree more. It was such a well-aimed event when it first started, to change it partway through like that was a complete own goal. I got what I needed by the end but a lot of people didn't. Can't help but get the feeling that the people who complained about it affecting raids had already got their rewards and didn't care about those who had to work a little harder.
Illy_the_Red

Previous

Return to Latest News