The Were-Chef!- 2013

News for Book of Heroes.

Re: The Were-Chef!

Postby Bbbb » Thu Aug 01, 2013 9:21 am

I had good things to say about the schedule earlier in this thread. A few whiny GMs and you all decided to make a large number of players angry instead.... :roll:

The new schedule has the same problems as past events - too hard to remember and not frequent enough - you miss one window and it's a big setback. Besides since it is a rolling schedule, it is fairly useless wrt to your stated reasoning.

I'm just thankful I was already done. I suspect that's the case with the players in many guilds and raids were returning to normal anyway.
Bbbb

Postby Illy_the_Red » Thu Aug 01, 2013 9:31 am

Here's me thinking this event was probably the best one you've done since I started, and this happens. Events are so, so rare. Everyone will be back to raiding when the event ends, why mess with it? All you've done is make it harder for everyone to get the rewards, which is why we want to do it in the first place.
Illy_the_Red

Postby Corran_Horn » Thu Aug 01, 2013 10:22 am

I don't get how a 3 1/2 hr gap between raids helps raids. Lets say there's 2h regen then 2h raid then 2hr regen so you can raid and chef and be regened for both. That doesn't add up to 3 1/2 hours. What it means is that it will take much longer for players to complete the feats and therefore make it harder to get people to come to the raid. What has been done is completely counter intuitive.

To change the schedule half way thru seems totally unfair as people knew where they stood and when they were going to get on and get their hits. Now a number of the members in my guild have said are struggling to get there some have relented and stated they won't get there whatever happens.

15 mins was just right to get 4 hits in on 2 toons as long as you were prepared and quick about it. Now players are having to wait around for the fifth hit, purely because they won't make it otherwise. The event has gone for lot of my members from being a bit of fun with a nice prize at the end to a grind because they started so they want to finish.

I
As the whole nature of the event has changed and it would be very hard to go back now, I propose an extension to the event, to allow those who thought they could manage but now aren't sure a little breathing space. Just a day or two would really help get some people thru and make it a fun event rather than a monotonous grind.
Corran_Horn

Postby My_Starlight » Thu Aug 01, 2013 3:14 pm

Or on the final day just leave it up for 24 hours so people don't have to worry and schedule around it just to make an event on their device!
My_Starlight

Postby Aaron_GR » Thu Aug 01, 2013 5:54 pm

Rockstar wrote:
Aaron_GR wrote:I like the new sched'.

TAKE THAT.

I'm only ten kills away anyways, but the old one messed with our raids sooo bad. 2hrs wasn't enough time to recharge, do the event(again), and raid. At least the Chef drops pots :D

So don't do the event every time. Choose whether to raid or run the event. Why is the answer to you not being able to do everything making it so everyone has less choice?

Seems rather short sighted, but I suppose we are just meant to "take that".

Hey now, don't be salty. I wanted to do it every time! It's fun, and you get some cool stuff. The 3 1/2 hr wait time seems be purely for recharge time. Changin it for raids would make zero sense, seeing how raids are run all day, everyday.
Aaron_GR

Postby akadrew » Thu Aug 01, 2013 6:49 pm

I like the open 24-hour suggestion. Otherwise I've been screwed on all of my toons. Ridiculous.
akadrew

Postby Illy_the_Red » Fri Aug 02, 2013 5:30 am

Great idea, lets have it up for a lot longer for the final 24 hrs please! You might come out the other side of the event with the majority of players pleased :-)
Illy_the_Red

Postby Just_Us_Calares » Fri Aug 02, 2013 10:46 am

Any response at all from the powers that be? There have been some good points and suggestions on how to salvage this awesome event turned train wreck, I'd love to know if they're being considered at all or if I should stop wasting my time...
Just_Us_Calares

Postby Nextlite » Fri Aug 02, 2013 11:33 am

I've never complained and have been very supportive of Venan decisions in the past but this schedule change mid-event was an AWFUL idea.

I understand a few GM's have complained about the raid interference, but did you bother to read the tons of feedback you received about how great this event was and how happy so many were with the consistent schedule? The short frequent runs were a rush to get all your hits in and it was fun to see if you could beat the clock and bank that last dungeon. 100 kills is now out of reach for so many.

The problem I have is the explanation that this was done to help lessen interference with raids. HOW CAN YOU POSSIBLY SAY THAT A ROLLING SCHEDULE CAN HELP ANY GUILD SCHEDULE REGULAR RAIDS? A 3.5 hour cycle makes no sense in that regard. Event times are different every day.

I have always ignored the comments that these decisions are made to increase GS spending. I just figured there are always going to be whiners out there, but this is the first time I'm starting to believe some of those conspiracy theories. No other explanation makes sense, certainly not raid interference.

I loved 1.6 and I love PVP. Im not another Drama Queen who is going to threaten to quit as this is still an incredibly awesome game, but this is the first chink in the armor for me Venan. You had such an overwhelmingly positive response to this event and its schedule on global and in these forums, it just makes no sense. Would you please provide a better explanation so I can calm my guild?

With respect, GM Nextlite
Nextlite

Postby Ibermann_TheAteaM » Fri Aug 02, 2013 3:22 pm

Simply love the event - loved 2h more than the 3,5.
Cool with something on the line. I don't support the 24 h in the finial day. Keep hard stuff hard to archive.
Ibermann_TheAteaM

PreviousNext

Return to Latest News