Speed Run Event

News for Book of Heroes.

Re: Speed Run Event

Postby Venan_ID » Fri Mar 08, 2013 7:50 pm

Cool thanks, that would be awesome!
Venan_ID

Postby john12345 » Fri Mar 08, 2013 8:04 pm

hmm lord venan, if u set the reward of contest elixir of commerce 3 which is taken from top5 hero score leaderboard, maybe u can add second third etc winning places which will give elixir of commerce 2, 1 etc like it happens in leaderboard?
other than first could get much lesser rewards but at least something.
so player burning gs will know that even if his raid will be second best he at least will get elixir of commerce 2.
u know, the chance to be part of one of some 5+10 raids which win out of all weekend raids is close to zero.
so probably after the weekend there will be much more unhappy players than happy ones. especially those who will burn a lot and will get nothing because being late 1 second after fastest raid.
john12345

Postby AdamM » Fri Mar 08, 2013 8:27 pm

Are the top guilds excluded from participating or is every guild allowed to participate?
AdamM

Postby Little_Mike » Fri Mar 08, 2013 9:23 pm

Every guild is allowed to participate in the highest tier of raids that they are able to do.
Little_Mike

Postby Its_A_Trap » Fri Mar 08, 2013 9:34 pm

This is great and I look forward to participating, but I have a request that I think all of us far siders might agree with. Any way we can have an event like this in the future that runs during our weekend? For me this starts Sunday midnight which would be the only day I'll be able to run sipped since I can't raid at work. Like I said I will run these no matter what and I understand venan is in the east coast US but sending some far side love every once in a while would be appreciated.

Thanks
Jam
Its_A_Trap

Postby japster » Fri Mar 08, 2013 9:41 pm

Venan, the biggest problem is that rewards are tied to the participating toon and they get it even if they quit the guild. This just encourages a merc fest. I am uncertain if Venan is changing tune about mercs but in the past rewards were tied to guilds not toons. At least that form of reward encouraged guild loyalty, or forced people to make choices for a weekend. This competition just reeks of merc promotion and the death of true guild loyalty.
japster

Postby japster » Fri Mar 08, 2013 9:47 pm

Also note that with the current rules there is nothing from stopping a bunch of high might players from making a new guild to compete for skar or goblins. This basically is a loophole in the rules to allow high might toons to steal the rewards (especially the coveted elixir) from the lower bracket. This cannot be the intention. It makes the competition a farce for the new guilds/genuine low might players.
japster

Postby Little_Mike » Fri Mar 08, 2013 9:51 pm

When we were putting this contest together, we originally had a rule against mercing, but after discussing it, we determined it would pose too much of a trouble to enforce that sort of rule at the moment. Internally, we know how many mercs are in a raid, but there's no way for players to get that information right now. We are making major revisions to guilds in 1.6, so we think once that update comes out, we will be able to do a true guild loyalty based speed run. But for now, we do what we can! :)
Little_Mike

Postby task4ce » Sat Mar 09, 2013 7:11 am

Little_Mike wrote: We are making major revisions to guilds in 1.6, so we think once that update comes out, we will be able to do a true guild loyalty based speed run. But for now, we do what we can! :)

Best Thing ive heard all year :D
task4ce

Postby _Christian » Sat Mar 09, 2013 7:56 am

Mike, what's the target date for 1.6? Also, can you verify a scenario for me? I have a character who is 17000 might. I send that char to a guild who only has done sv raids. That char helps destroy a Crypt raid in a winning time. That character wins 2000sv, 2000ht and a commerce blessing 3. I have another Char who goes to a winning raid for Vile Gate. That char gets 2000cv, 2000ht and a commerce3. Do I understand the rules correctly?
_Christian

PreviousNext

Return to Latest News