The Glenfort Games!

News for Book of Heroes.

The Glenfort Games!

Postby Lord_Venan » Fri Aug 17, 2012 4:43 pm

Over the next five days, we're going to have a series of contests to award the top performances in the game!

The event starts at 12am Server Time August 18th, and ends 11:59pm August 22nd. For EACH contest below, we will be awarding the top performing War Mage, Justicar and Shadow Walker. These will be awarded per character, not per account.

To participate - all you need to do is play! You'll need to log in on the 23rd though to make sure you get credit for the 22nd.

Here are the categories:

Monster Slayer

Who can kill the most monsters? Winner will be the highest monster kill count at the end of the event.

Master Quester

Who can complete the most quests? Winner will be the most quest completions for a character. This includes daily quests.

Zero to Hero

Who has the most progress? Awarded to the highest change in might over the five day period.

Onslaughter 1 & 2

Who's the best at onslaught mode? The winner in each class will have the highest average encounters completed per energy spent in both Crypt of Corruption and The Shadow Comes. Each raid will be tracked and awarded separately. For Crypt, your might must be under 7000 to qualify.

A minimum of 200 energy must be spent in each raid during the contest period (cumulatively, not an individual raid).

Hero of Glenfort

This one is really simple - earn the most Hero Score! Whoever has the biggest change in Hero Score during the event will win.

Prizes

Awards will be handed out on the 24th. And as for prizes...

We'd like to hear what YOU think the prizes should be. Present your suggestions below. If they are ridiculous we will ignore them, but we'll consider anything reasonable! Let's see what kind of ideas you have (you tend to have great ones!)
Lord_Venan

Re: The Glenfort Games!

Postby Doctor_Love_Money_Shot » Fri Aug 17, 2012 5:09 pm

How do you anticipate regulating the might gain contest? I could strip naked before the contest starts and put it all back on afterwards. Of course that would be obvious but what about the not so obvious such as swapping a few gems right now? I suggest logging all mights now and looking for any that drop at the start of the contest.
Doctor_Love_Money_Shot

Postby Lord_Venan » Fri Aug 17, 2012 5:22 pm

I was waiting to see who would come up with that one!

We have daily snapshots of everyone's stats, including Might, so we'll know if you try to game the Games in that way.

To make it more clear - to qualify for the Might contest, your starting and ending Might will have to be the highest values ever logged for your character up to that date.
Lord_Venan

Postby Biomom » Fri Aug 17, 2012 5:24 pm

Since I don't really have a chance in you-know-where of winning any of these awards :-) I thought I would have fun dreaming up some ideas of rewards. While Tier 4 gems and Knight's Valor are always lovely, how about the reward of a new sigil for a permanent energy increase (a special one that can only be won, never bought). For anyone in New England or willing to travel on their own dime, how about a VIP tour of Venan headquarters in CT including lunch with Lord V, Lady K, & other devs?
Biomom

Postby Darkhorse » Fri Aug 17, 2012 5:31 pm

How does Onslaught 1&2 work? Counts as fastest round clear? Highest number of kills per round? or Highest RPP in the raid?
Darkhorse

Postby Lady_Katy » Fri Aug 17, 2012 5:32 pm

lol! Lunch with us would be boring! We have a joke that we're all chatty until the food comes and then...SILENCE! :lol:
Lady_Katy

Postby GhostOfJimpa » Fri Aug 17, 2012 5:39 pm

Lady_Katy wrote:lol! Lunch with us would be boring! We have a joke that we're all chatty until the food comes and then...SILENCE! :lol:
thats on good joke

L4 gems and hero tokens

Or

Some special items like unik weapon or sheild thats the only good think all players need and wont to have i think

So i think you should talk to your designer team to do some special art weapons and or sheilds ;-)

Sorry for My bad english
Last edited by GhostOfJimpa on Fri Aug 17, 2012 5:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
GhostOfJimpa

Postby Lord_Venan » Fri Aug 17, 2012 5:46 pm

For Onslaught we'll be counting encounters(waves) finished divided by energy spent. Each group of enemies you clear during a round is considered an encounter.

So we'll add up ALL the encounters completed for Crypt of Corruption over the next five days and divide that by ALL the energy spent in Crypt of Corruption over the five day period to get a number for that raid and do the same thing for The Shadow Comes.

As I type this out, I may need to raise the minimum energy spent to qualify. Editing now...
Lord_Venan

Postby NikoNarf_1 » Fri Aug 17, 2012 5:50 pm

For the onslaught games, what is the minimum energy spent to qualify? I assume a single 6-energy entrance would not be enough to judge best average performance.
NikoNarf_1

Postby NikoNarf_1 » Fri Aug 17, 2012 5:52 pm

Answered my question while I was typing... Impressive.
NikoNarf_1

Next

Return to Latest News