Server Maintenance - August 10, 2012

A preview of the newest features and previous build notes.

Re: Server Maintenance - August 10, 2012

Postby Little_Mike » Thu Aug 09, 2012 10:23 pm

We will be addressing the the stats issue when we do a major update.
Little_Mike

Postby ËmpressFèline » Thu Aug 09, 2012 11:56 pm

Hi lady Katy, for Mage update, I think the cooling time is not so crucial for flaming skill. What kills is the splash effect after the kills. It's take 2 to 3 seconds more than the kills of a Justicar or shadow walker. If the splash effect can be reduced, it' will greatly enhanced the power of a Mage.
I hope you can really look into this possible update. It's frustrating when a 10k might Justicar / shadow walker kills faster than a 12k might Mage. Thank you!

Lady_Katy wrote:There will be a server maintenance tomorrow, August 10th at 11am server time. We are rolling out some additional server fixes and balance tweaks. Expected downtime is a half hour.

NOTE: There will be no compensation for failed raids due to the maintenance interruption. So plan your schedules accordingly.

General
  • Made latency improvements to the servers.
  • Sending chat messages should no longer boot you out to the main menu under certain conditions.
  • Fixed an issue that would sometimes cause an error when immediately entering a raid after the 5 minute warm up time.

War Mage
  • Reduced cooldown on Flaming Pyre.

Justicar
  • Increased debuff effect of War Cry. It now decreases physical resistance by 20%/35%/50%.
  • Increased damage of Radiant Light 2 and 3.
  • Removed stacking bleeds between Circle of Blades and Wound.
  • Bleed stacking on Wound has been reduced to 2.
  • Bleed stacking on Circle of Blades has been reduced to 2.

Shadow Walker
  • Removed stacking poisons between Poison Cloud and Toxic Blade.
  • Poison stacking on Toxic Blade has been reduced to 2.
  • Poison stacking on Poison Cloud has been removed.

Raids
  • Decreased combat time per Onslaught phase.
  • Increased energy requirement to 6 per Onslaught phase.
ËmpressFèline

Postby McMorfina » Fri Aug 10, 2012 12:42 am

My telemetry warns me about an unquestionable fact: the more energy onslaught (raids) costs, the more gs people will buy and spend. Its a fact.

Anyway congrats for the game part (not commercial) and all this patches and new features.
McMorfina

Postby Musketeer » Fri Aug 10, 2012 2:49 pm

My test of Shadow Onslaught with each character type, same raid same Guild, all toons Might >10500, regular waves not the Hunter Boss.

(Once initial buildup of RPP bonus is over)

Justicer, mostly 600 RPP per 6 energy, occasionally managing 750
Mage, mostly 900 RPP, occasionally falling to 750
Shadow Walker, Mostly 900 RPP, rising to 1050 RPP in a good round

So all better than regular raids but also much more time spent playing the raid, which I can't do regularly. The tweaks do not seem to have brought the Justicer up or the Shadow Walker down significantly against regular waves. When all three enemies (pirates) dodge a Cleave attack it significantly mucks up your Justicer score.

I'm using up attack runes faster than I can collect them during non-raiding times, so I can't keep up these scores without rune farming or purchase.

While I still like onslaught as a variation of the game, I hope it won't be incorporated into regular raids or it will destroy the pop-in pop-out playing style, and ultimately drive down rather than increase the time I spend on the game.
Musketeer

Postby TCG_Garrison64 » Fri Aug 10, 2012 4:27 pm

I have to say I hope you don't correct the issue with Justicar's by further nerfing the other classes. The SW and WM were fine for the most part. They were both fun to play in Onslaught. They don't need to be nerfed as that won't do anything but make them more frustrating and it really won't resolve the real issue.

Just tone down the block and dodge ratings on certain enemies like the wolves and bats. Stop making it worse with each update as that certainly isn't the answer to making the game more challenging because it mostly just hurts Justicars more and more. Do that and you'll be well on your way to fixing this issue.

Nerfing everyone else will just tick them off and solve nothing.
TCG_Garrison64

Postby Marney » Fri Aug 10, 2012 4:48 pm

TCG_Garrison64 wrote:I have to say I hope you don't correct the issue with Justicar's by further nerfing the other classes...
Nerfing everyone else will just tick them off and solve nothing.

Indeed. I've been saying for some time now that the game should be more challenging, but the way to do this is by improving the enemies and adding options and systems to increase variety and investment, not nerfing the players. That route merely leads to frustration, disappointment, and a possible reduction in the playerbase.

Justicars have a systemic problem in the melee dodge/block mechanic; increasing damage numbers, while nice for some, doesn't address the actual problem.
Marney

Postby TCG_Garrison64 » Fri Aug 10, 2012 7:02 pm

Been thinking about this some more and comparing abilities between my characters trying to come up with a balanced way to solve this issue. Here's an idea. My SW has Vanish which adds 50% to crit and damage. On first look this appears to be equivilent to Divine Power which adds 50% to melee and magic. However melee and magic are seperate attacks. Crit and damage happen together. So basically in that one ability the SW is twice as powerful. Probably more when you consider what crit adds to every attack when you have it close to 300%. To help balance this out change Divine Power to be "50% to all damage and a 50% chance to avoid block and dodge. A 50% chance to avoid our attacks being blocked and dodged would be somewhat comparable to the SW's 50% to crit and we'd both have 50% damage on all attacks. I think this would be a very fair option to what we currently have and no need to further nerf other classes. Is this possible?
TCG_Garrison64

Postby Hotasfire0Coolasice » Fri Aug 10, 2012 7:05 pm

You guys have spirit attacks, we have nature. Both being magic, cannot be dodged. So if Justicar has the same magical capabilities, all is technically fair. Maybe add a reduce magic resist spell, or add that in to another, idk.
Hotasfire0Coolasice

Postby Pur3Aw3zom3n3zz » Fri Aug 10, 2012 7:53 pm

Pfaff wrote:My test of Shadow Onslaught with each character type, same raid same Guild, all toons Might >10500, regular waves not the Hunter Boss.

(Once initial buildup of RPP bonus is over)

Justicer, mostly 600 RPP per 6 energy, occasionally managing 750
Mage, mostly 900 RPP, occasionally falling to 750
Shadow Walker, Mostly 900 RPP, rising to 1050 RPP in a good round

According to those numbers, onslaught isn't worth it anymore. Considering that the best for onslaught, (a 10500+ might SW,) can usually do 6 sets of kills with runes on a non-boss phase. Plus I heard, (not sure if this is true, if it's not than disregard this post,) that onslaught gives you half valor. All that combined means that the best charachter with more than 3k extra might, has to use runes to break even on the non-boss phases and, (I'm assuming,) does worse than break even on the boss phase.
Pur3Aw3zom3n3zz

Postby ARCs_Baddman » Fri Aug 10, 2012 8:12 pm

Well from reading all the comments seems this Maintenance was a down fall. Im gald i read the comments before letting my guild in a onslaught in SC and fall in defeat. Onslaught was fun as a beta now it makes no sense to me so i dropped it from our schedule.
ARCs_Baddman

PreviousNext

Return to Game Updates